Reply The Constructed Languages Guild
Alternate Uses for Conlangs Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Eollodwyn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:33 pm
I want very badly to teach someone my conlang, but I'm pretty sure there's no one who would be interested. I don't tell many people about it anyway, since it's such an unorthodox hobby.

Quote:
Then there's whatever the Voynich Manuscript was written in.
I'm so fascinated by the Voynich Manuscript. I would love to learn about the language in which it was written.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:01 pm
Eollodwyn
Quote:
I'm so fascinated by the Voynich Manuscript. I would love to learn about the language in which it was written.

Well, it might not be a conlang after all. It could very well be gibberish used in an attempt to bamboozle gullible folk.  

Cynthia_Rosenweiss

Eollodwyn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:08 pm
Cynthia_Rosenweiss
Eollodwyn
Quote:

Well, it might not be a conlang after all. It could very well be gibberish used in an attempt to bamboozle gullible folk.
I like to think it's just a very sophisticated conlang. You wouldn't want to ruin my hopes and dreams, would you? eek  
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 7:06 pm
Is it just me, or does everybody have a problem getting people to learn their conlang? It is as if Nobody can ever get someone else to learn it. makes learning it difficult ne?  

Song Wei

Homurakitsune

Sparkly Gekko

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 5:44 pm
Shangroulu
Is it just me, or does everybody have a problem getting people to learn their conlang? It is as if Nobody can ever get someone else to learn it. makes learning it difficult ne?
Haha, story of our lives, pal. xD
You just get used to it after a while. My dad is actually learning a bit of Niora, though, so maybe you should target family members. ninja  
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 7:01 pm
Homurakitsune
Shangroulu
You just get used to it after a while. My dad is actually learning a bit of Niora, though, so maybe you should target family members. ninja
I couldn't get them to do anything, my brothers all hate languages (they even suck at English lol) I do have one friend but until schools out I never get to see him... so I guess I just gotta wait ne?  

Song Wei

TurtIe Tracks

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 8:23 pm
Homurakitsune
Shangroulu
Speaking of family members, younger siblings are good! When I was in 5th grade I made a not-serious conlang (just made up words and grammar as needed, didn't even write anything down) with my little sister. More like, each time I made up a word I'd tell my sister, and I talked in it everyday. Now 4 years later we still use it. razz Even though it only has... maybe less than 50 words that I remember.

But with the conlang that I'm making now, it's going to actually have a vocabalary you can use and grammar beyond simple sentences, which she will definitely not want to learn. :C I don't want to be forcing people but I'd like to talk to someone in my conlang...  
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 11:01 pm
My little brother has a slight interest in learning one of my conlangs, though he only has bothered to learn three words. The words for cloud, I, and there.  

Henneth Annun

Caffeinated Tea

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 5:23 pm
Now that I've started one, I figure I do it simply for the linguistic pleasure. :3  
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 2:19 pm
Caffeinated Tea
Now that I've started one, I figure I do it simply for the linguistic pleasure. :3
Ditto, very interesting feel to creating a communication form ne?  

Song Wei

Caffeinated Tea

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 9:29 am
Shangroulu
Caffeinated Tea
Ditto, very interesting feel to creating a communication form ne?

Very.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:36 am
Caffeinated Tea
Indeed. I think even though no one will learn mine, it's fun just going through the process. =)

That and I'm gonna stick it in a book someday.  

Homurakitsune

Sparkly Gekko

Da_Nuke

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:48 pm
I would definitely use it for private communication between my friends.

Problem is, most of my friends already have a hard enough time with English 101 crying  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:45 pm
Da_Nuke
I would definitely use it for private communication between my friends.

Problem is, most of my friends already have a hard enough time with English 101 crying
that sucks... I finally found a friend who is making some of his own!! yay!

I suck at English, but it helps me be less focused with exact comparison with languages to English, in this way they are easier to learn for me.  

Song Wei

The Constructed Languages Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces