Y i J u

Beloved Smoker

7,200 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:42 am
Christmas Tree vs. Family Tree.

Lol, your opinion on America's struggle to take Christ out of Christmas.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:04 pm
Y i J u
Christmas Tree vs. Family Tree.

Lol, your opinion on America's struggle to take Christ out of Christmas.

As long as no public funds are used I really don't care either way  

lordstar

dragongirl42391

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:11 pm
I acutally heard someone saying "yeah it would suck to go to church on Christmas."

Wow. Imagine. Going to church. On the day Christ was born.

WEIIIIIIIRRRRD!

I thought Christmas meant consumerism.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:28 am
What I think is REALLY hilarious is putting Santa in the giant nativity scene in your front yard. xDD  

Mein Kulturkampf

divineseraph

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:42 pm
there ARE other holidays... but the commercialization is kind of gross.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:58 pm
Why should anyone care why it's around the Christmas season anyways? If you don't celebrate the holiday, you don't have to be offended by it... That was brought up about 3 weeks ago and I'm pissed people are concerned about something so stupid....

That's pretty sad someone would say they don't wanna go to church on Christmas day. gonk

Mjolnir The Hammer

Homeless George

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:18 pm
Christmas consumerism saddens me.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:38 am

<3

Well, Happy Holidays doesn't bother me because there is also Chanukkah, Kwanzaa, and others we probably don't think about. Christmas is about Christ's birthday, for the Christians. But this same time of year has a different meaning for others.

So, it's more than just one holiday.

<3

Lass Kyon

Aged Sex Symbol

8,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Mark Twain 100

Sarcastic_Angel

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:01 pm
I recognize that there are other holidays, but I think people who celebrate christmas should be able to say Merry Christmas, and those who celebrate Chanukkah can say Happy Chaunukkah, and so on. and if someone gets offended by what someone else says to them (although I don't see why they would), they can voice it, and we can try to say happy holidays or something to them instead, out of respect for their wishes.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:30 pm
Sarcastic_Angel
I recognize that there are other holidays, but I think people who celebrate christmas should be able to say Merry Christmas, and those who celebrate Chanukkah can say Happy Chaunukkah, and so on. and if someone gets offended by what someone else says to them (although I don't see why they would), they can voice it, and we can try to say happy holidays or something to them instead, out of respect for their wishes.

I agree!  

Karo Kiba

Newbie Soldier

9,975 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Contributor 150
  • Conversationalist 100

PGP-Protector

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:37 pm
Now that Christmas has passed, I say Happy Holidays, as we still have a few (depending on what ones you go with smile )

But if I'm talking to someone abut this end of the year season, including Thanksgiving, Christmas, Hanukkah , New Years, Ect, I'll say Happy Holidays.

If I'm talking about Christmas I'll say Merry Christmas smile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:07 am
I don't know.. for me its always had something to do with the absolute truth of the statement. You can go around wishing people Happy New Year, Happy Kwanzaa, Happy make your own holiday, but Christmas is different. Whether people want to believe it or not, the fact that Jesus came down to earth has blessed everybody, regardless of their religion because without Christ this world in which we live has no reason for existence, since there would be no hope of salvation for anyone.

So, Merry Christmas to the Christian, and Merry Christmas to the non-Christian in hope that through Jesus they might one day be a Christian.

A voice cries: "In the wilderness prepare the way of the LORD;
make straight in the desert a highway for our God.
Every valley shall be lifted up,
and every mountain and hill be made low;
the uneven ground shall become level,
and the rough places a plain.
And the glory of the LORD shall be revealed,
and all flesh shall see it together,
for the mouth of the LORD has spoken."

scout45

Michan Starweaver

6,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:59 pm
Well, based on my own experience as a cashier at Walgreens, I've discovered that even though people say "Happy Holidays" is more politically correct, I actually offended more people when I told them "Happy Holidays" than when I said "Merry Christmas."

A lot of the people in my area are Baptist, Catholic, and Methodist, and are tired of not being able to acknowledge their faith in public. As one of my customers explained to me, saying "Merry Christmas" is now being considered almost a courageous thing to do in the business world.

If I know my customer is not Christian and would be deeply offended, out of respect for them, I say "Happy Holidays." But most of the time, I just go ahead and say "Merry Christmas." ^^

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:21 pm
i dont know what that is about but its so unfair to us christians. me and a friend were talking about how recently they wanted to take the word "GOD" out of the pledge of allegiance. which i think is ridiculous. anyways, yes it is offensive to us but what about the JEWS. its the SAME GOD were talking about here.

the world today is all about being politically correct. what is say to that is if its okey to others, why change what it has been for hundreds of years ?? personally i think people today just have nothing to do, and are just itching for an excuse to change things.

but anyways again, i would say happy holidays just because i have many friends who are different religions and i dont want to offend someone. but otherwise, it doesnt matter to me because i am a christian and i love my God and im not scare to declare that to the world.

hope this makes sense.  

sunshinehearttrob

lordstar

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:17 pm
sunshinehearttrob
i dont know what that is about but its so unfair to us christians. me and a friend were talking about how recently they wanted to take the word "GOD" out of the pledge of allegiance. which i think is ridiculous. anyways, yes it is offensive to us but what about the JEWS. its the SAME GOD were talking about here.

the world today is all about being politically correct. what is say to that is if its okey to others, why change what it has been for hundreds of years ?? personally i think people today just have nothing to do, and are just itching for an excuse to change things.

but anyways again, i would say happy holidays just because i have many friends who are different religions and i dont want to offend someone. but otherwise, it doesnt matter to me because i am a christian and i love my God and im not scare to declare that to the world.

hope this makes sense.

actually the words "under god" were added less then 100 years ago
more like 50 or so
personally what offends me is that the words were added to begin with  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items