Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aria_Knight_Lyrac

4,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:23 pm
Well you have a long ways to save up for Tales of Vesperia, since the fact that it's gonna be awhile.. and the future holds... ok, Bamco holds the answer of when it will ever come out here.

And... back to the topic at hand, yeah, if they consider making a remake of Vagrant Stories, then I'll get it as soon as it comes out.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:24 am
GAH! if they do that i'd buy it for sure! they should make it like...modern....yeah that's it! modern graphics!  

Vagabond Setzer

Aven XVI

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:30 pm
User Image
Tales of Vesperia comes out in 2008. So it is sometime this year.

Is Advance 2 at all confirmed for a U.S. release?User Image

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:40 pm
dunno...i should go look that up!  

Vagabond Setzer

DeathsMercy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:33 pm
Sounds interesting, I've just recently gotten into the "Tales" series, Symphonia and Legendia being my first games. They aren't at the same level as Final Fantasy but they are good nonetheless.  
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 5:00 pm
Such a great game.  

Nadir Teniz

Redd Phoenix

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:30 pm
I have a question/synical/obvious thought...
I know we are trying to figure out, chronologically, where everything fits it, but don't you think that there are just some..."mistakes"
Cloud is clearly fan-service from the PSX Tatics, and luso is here only to promote his new game A2 (fan service: whats luso writing in? FIND OUT IN FINAL FANTASY TACTICS AVANCED 2 GRIM. OF THE RIFT! BUY IT TODAY! What did luso say about having friends? Looking for them? What friends? FIND OUT IN FINAL FANTASY TACTICS AVANCED 2 GRIM. OF THE RIFT! BUY IT TODAY).
Balthier plays a role as to lure people into buying his game (whats the cache of glabados? FIND OUT IN FXII, BUY IT NOW BEFORE IT BECOMES A CLASSIC AND WORTH MILLIONS!!)
Therefore, aren't they just "misplaced" and actually do not fit in chronologically?
And if Final Fantasy Tactics is modern now, then thats the modern Ivalice (saint Ivalice, the town) that the game starts in the with snowball fight? The dream world is clearly a dream/ fantasy.
The one unanswered question here is, how did the HUGE continent of Ivalice dwindle down to a small, quant, city/village/thing?

Anyway, thats just my sense of this. I'm just as confused as everyone else. Oh, and if the whole "misplaced character" thing had come up on pages 3 or 4, then just tell me you covered it, i haven't gotten to those pages yet sweatdrop xd  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:41 pm
I know this may sound somewhat off topic, but if you look at the top-right corner of the FFT map, and look at the most western part of the whole map on FFXII, don't the ends sort of match up?  

Alec Randall

Squall Blade Lionheart

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:56 pm
nobody cares about final fantasy 8 and squall do they -_-"  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:58 pm
Hey I liked 8, but this isn't about 8. This is about the Ivalice Alliance Final Fantasy games, which does no include 8. Comrende?  

Scythemaster Deatharte

Magnetic Lunatic

5,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Gaian 0

Squall Blade Lionheart

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:10 pm
well at least i gave it a try biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:16 am
This post is extremely helpful. But how did Dalmasca dissapear?  

Really Fat Dwarf

Seraphor

Eloquent Explorer

7,850 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:31 pm
Really Fat Dwarf
This post is extremely helpful. But how did Dalmasca dissapear?

How did Mesopotamia and Ancient Isreal disappear?

This answers Redd as well; countries and kingdoms change through time and political tides. The continents didn't necessarily move, but the borders of the countries did.
Modern Day Ivalice see only one small town still carrying the name, while the rest of the continent of Ivalice still exists, it's just not known by that name any more.
Tactics is not modern day Ivalice, it would be best to think of old Valendia(XII) as 'Ancient Ivalice', Tactics as 'Medieval Ivalice' and Tactics Advance as 'Modern Ivalice'.User Image

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:05 pm
That is intesne. It makes a lot of sense too now that I look back. If it is alright in asking, what was the story of Vagrant Story. I never had a chance to play it... *tear* (You don't need to post here but if you don't mind telling me you can just PM me. Thanks.)  

ayden409

FirstMarshall

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:07 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The timeline of Ivalice in Final Fantasy Tactics and Final Fantasy XII, provided by Square Enix's official guide book, Final Fantasy XII Ultimania Omega. Translation is as follows:

Final Fantasy XII History (brown)

* 1st Upper Box: Unknown Era - The Occuria reside in Giruvegan.
* 2nd Upper Box: Old Valendia 1 - Establishment of the Galtean Federation.
* 3rd Upper Box: Old Valendia 394 - The Galtean Federation breaks apart.
* 4th Upper Box: Old Valendia 706 - Final Fantasy XII takes place.
* 5th Upper Box: Several decades after Old Valendia 706 - Female St Ajora establishes a new religion.

Grey box: Are they the same person?

Final Fantasy Tactics History (blue)

* 1st Lower Box: Unknown Era - 12 Knights kills a demon, and rescues Ivalice.
* 2nd Lower Box: 1200 years before the Middle Ages - St Ajora establishes the Glabados religion.
* 3rd Lower Box: Unknown Era - A catastrophe befalls the civilization at this age.
* 4th Lower Box: Middle Ages - Final Fantasy Tactics takes place.

This is something I found on the FF Project. I didn't translate or do anything other than discover what someone else had done, but I thought it was interesting. I hope you all like it, and man I wish I could read Japanese I would so get that book. Oh the picture is from the Ultimania, and official Square-Enix book.  
Ivalice Alliance

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff