Reply [IC] Abandoned Temple [IC]
[PRP] Meeting the Bearers of White Feathers Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

laefe

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:42 pm
Instantly his fur turned black and his heiroglyphics turned white. Only a flash of change that changed back to solid white with black markings after a mere second, but it was enough of a dramatic change that not even his mate would have been able to ignore it lest she be looking.

The Dawnwalkers.

Ears back and wings pinned to his back tightly, Athrun lifted his head slightly, "I know of the Dawnwalkers... very well in fact. Their attempts to attract my attention come as a suprise considering our last parting however..."

Grass swayed about his paws as Athrun rose to them slowly, his wings pinned to his back and the Eye shimmering on his blindfold in an almost angered way. The Dawnwalkers wished for his treturn after all this time?

"Take me to this member who's been speaking to you. I wish to know why the pride where my life was killed and cursed would wish me back."

The faces and memories of his deceased mate and slaughtered cubs flashed through his memory quickly and he banished them back to the frozen half of his heart. Remembering them now would be more torture than he needed. To even imagine setting his paws back in the same place was something Athrun had never begun to think he would do. He'd avoided the deserts of his old patron pride as much as possible, but why were they recruiting?

This will be interesting...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:52 pm
Azra flinched before regaining her senses, he had seen this change once or twice before. The last time she could clearly remember was when they were attacked by Okoth... the spirit that had hidden itself in Akiiki, her beloved son. Azra's creamy orange ears fell back as she took a step from her mate. Watching his form change back so quickly, she was still skeptical that she would not be harmed. To be honest, she did not know what would happen when Athrun was in such a state.

"Then you may have to tell me later, unless you must tell your story some other time, regardless, I will hear it," she called. She knew some fragments of Athrun's past for she did not want to delve too deep without his consent whereas her sons were able to do it freely. She took a step closer before nuzzling his chest lightly.

"So this is where you..." she did not continue. She simply nodded to show that she understood and turned, heading back to the wolf in question. Athrun was a God, he had many lives or just one long one. Either one, he had lots of memories in his head and this one seemed painful for him, rather the impact was enough to make him react negatively. Azra loved her mate, more than the stars themselves, she would do anything for him. Even get him away to protect him from their son... or was it their son from them. Athrun was going to save Akiiki, Azra wanted to help but her heart worried what would become of their son if they made a mistake...

Things... just have to work out...

As the duo approached the female maned wolf, she spoke out first to alert her.

"Kainda, we have spoken and he wishes to speak with you..."

PhiferWolf

Loyal Werewolf

laefe

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:54 pm
Nothing his mate said would force him to respond to her, both of his sky blue eyes were locked on the distant figure, trotting towards it with his wings flat against his back and never detering.

As it turned out, this being that his mate had been talking about was actually a maned wolf, apparently named Kainda.

Slowing to a stop in front of the maned wolf, he tilted his wings for her and stayed on his feet. He owed her his respect, but to bow down to a maned wolf he didn't know in the least seemed to gall him.

"Kainda is it? A pleasure to meet a herald of the Dawn Walkers once more." Athrun said, his voice seemed to rumble with his resonance even more than usual.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:43 am
Kainda bowed deeply, once she'd got over the shock. She'd never met a god and to have one before her - massive compared to her and she knew they had powers - was beyond surprising. Respect was owed. That and she didn't want to die if she offended. Mother had gone over protecals for royalty, priests, the rites for the dawn and bonds that bind...but not gods.

"Lord." She looked up and smiled. "The new Dawnwalkers, in the style the Clan of our grandfathers. Young Muroki leads us now, and sent me out as one of the messengers."

Successful Edit

laefe

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:08 am
Silence spread betwen the two for a moment as Athrun mulled over the thought of such existance in his head. The Dawnwalkers had dissapeared once, so another had survived the death?

"Muroki... This is the young Pharoh's name? I belive I've heard such a name before." Athrun said slowly.

Claws dug into the ground deeply, vastly annoyed at how the Dawnwalkers had once again come into his life. He'd thought that he was free of them... however he'd been proven wrong again. It wasn't that he held hard feelings for the lions that lived within the pride, it was how he'd left, how he'd been forced to leave.

It left a bad taste in his mouth for the name.

"So that means that you're the emmissary of this pride doesn't it?"

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:14 am
"King Muroki was only a cub when the pride split up and tried once when he was half grown to visit the Temple - but was repelled by the vultures who desecrate it. I was born around then and raised for this role as herald."

"...none of the Clan from the time before the Downfall live now, besides us youngsters. And besides the vultures, those who broke the law seem to have left The bad gods and the murderers. Unfortunately it means the good ones have gone too."  

Successful Edit

laefe

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:00 pm
"So the pride lives on the outskirts of the old temple, afraid to enter for the attack of vultures?" Athrun's voice was deeper suddenly.

Of course he'd known vultures when he'd been in the pride before, in his earlier life he'd seen what they were capable of. The scavengers hung off of anything and if pressed enough with hunger they would outright attack something else for their own survival.

The buzzards deserved no place of power in a temple.

Darkness filled his eyes for a moment and then dissipated after a breath.

"Seems the gods have frowned upon the Dawn Walkers long enough doesn't it?" Athrun said quietly for a moment, "It seems it's time to turn that around."

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:48 pm
"Not afraid. Just not foolhardy. We need time to plan and gather our strength."

She defended them out of instinct, ears flicking back, not aggressive but matter of fact. Her mother's pack was almost exhausted, Muroki's pride was only just rebuilding, the cheetahs were gone, the jackals - who knew - and the vultures were plentiful turncoats who'd pretty much killed off the eagles. No Gods lived in the Eyrie of the Temple. It was filled with buzzard nests and who knew what filth. Which reminded her -

"...it wasn't only the mortals who suffered in the past. But we pray for the gods to return."  

Successful Edit

laefe

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:15 pm
Smiling down at her gently, Athrun inclined his head once more to the Maned Wolf before him. He was one for respect, even if it were due to others he wuold give it to all.

"Should you want the gods to return then I'm sure they will. I for one would like to see this pride in it's ressurect and meet the young Pharoh. It has been far too long since I've seen the desert I was born in." Athrun said, lifting his head and looking out in the direction of the old temple he'd grown with.

Memories flooded his mind, visions of pyramids and strong pharohs, lions with strong spirits and rituals that spanned lifetimes. It would be nice to be home once more, but it would take some time to get used to the very idea....

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:11 am
"You did meet him once, my lord Athrun, when he attempted in his youth to restart the pride - too young and with too few. When your sons were just cubs." Kainda knew of this. It'd been a very brief meeting, very. And with Muroki's dear 'cousin' Ewansiha in love with Dumu, she could guess a rough timeline. She not even been born then though and it felt a bi risk guessing at his name. Still - he knew hers.

"I can remember my mother telling me of you as a pup and Muroki more recently. An ever-young adult, white with scared marks and mane of red, an eye like that on the Temple walls hiding your true eyes....god of Loneliness." She bowed low but was sure this was one of the old gods. Who else used the word 'pharoh.  

Successful Edit

laefe

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:59 am
Thoroughly amused, a smile tugged at the corner of Athrun's mouth. He had been sure there were those that knew of his name, sure that there were those that still remembered his ways in the past if only from having them passed down through time; yet to meet one that knew of him while being so young...

"You need not bow Kainda. I am not so old and set that I forget I would not exist if not for the hearts of mortals. If any should bow I should be bowing to you, for it is you and yours that ressurect a pride I once thought dissapeared into the sands."

She was full of respect this one, it made the faint smile turn into a more set smile. It was good to see respect in those so young, to see old ways still brought to life in a world of growing disrespect and hatred.

"I believe I remember meeting him once before, a young adolescent with a pale cub in tow. It has been many months past since such though. I believe it's about time I meet him once more."

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:49 am
Now, Azra had her chance to come in without being awkward. She stepped forward beside her mate and looked up at him with a smile.

"Then now is your chance, love. Why not come with Kainda and meet him?"

Listening to these two, it seemed Kainda may know more about Athrun than she did, something she did not like entirely. If this planned out a little, she could squeeze this maned wolf of her information to add to her own and even more, get some more from this king. Being the God's mate, she saw it that she should know more about him.

"So it seemed Athrun has not been here before and not too long ago as you are still alive, Kainda,"

PhiferWolf

Loyal Werewolf

Successful Edit

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:05 am
"I was only a puppy when Athrun last met Muroki and half a world away. Being trained for my present position by my mother. She was a great scholar and a great teacher." She explained. Since she knew so much because of all her lessons, it only seemed fair to give them information on herself as well. Azra was a mystery but Athrun was less of one. Gods, those who mixed with mortals, weren't exactly inconspicuous. Especially patrons of a once great Clan.

"I could lead you to where I'm next to meet up with the rest of the group."  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:32 pm
Twisting his head a bit to peer over at Azraceri, Athrun let a gentle smile cross his white muzzle and he licked the side of her muzzle gently, purring deep in his chest. She was the calmer of the two, always keeping his mind in control when he felt like lashing out at everything.

"I would appreciate that very greatly." the god said slowly, his head turning to look at Kainda once more. "Many years have passed since I last saw the sands of my family."

Wings swooping out to his sides, impossibly long and deep, Athrun stepped back and leapt to the air, his wings carrying him up to peer through the haze of the heat at the great desert that grew not far off and seemed to spread out across the land like a sea of tan.

Home.

laefe

PhiferWolf

Loyal Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:31 pm
Azra gave a purr at the gesture of affection and of thanks. She gave one in return before watching the God take off to the sky. Athrun was her beacon to keep on living, she had lost two families and was granted a mate with immortality. Surely the divines had a plan for her and as long as she had Athrun, she will keep on living.

Her sons must be fine on their own.

Turning her violet eyes back upon the wolf, she nodded.

"Yes, do lead, Kainda, we shall follow."

With Athrun in the skies and Kainda down with her, perhaps she can have some idle chit-chat along the way this time.

"I am looking forward to seeing this place. Our new home."

[IC] Abandoned Temple [IC]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces