Reply The Gaian Coliseum
Lunar Dynasty, the Streets of Tokyo Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mitsuko Daiwa

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:10 pm
She watched the man create some sort of glowing ball in his hand, and wondered what sort of mess she'd gotten herself into. Ordinaries? Infusions of Incarnum?
"What are you talking about?", she asked, shaking her head.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:19 pm
As he stopped at a stop light he rolled down his window and flicked the orb out, where it collided with a building across the way. Though it seemed to do no damage a sheen of frost was clear across the surface, quickly melting and evaporating in the heat of the day. His hand visibly relaxed, looking to her for a moment, "You, madam, are gifted in a way I cannot be entirely sure of, but I can see the potential as if it were trying to crawl from your skin. I'm taking you to Department-7 for analysis. For the greater good of society there cannot be people like us wandering about society unaware of ourselves and unchecked."  

Tacitus
Captain

Codger

Mitsuko Daiwa

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:24 pm
Mitsuko watched in awe at what this stranger could do. She was still mad at him, yes, but whatever tricks he was pulling were quite impressive.
She tuned in to what he was saying, and didn't like any of it at all.
"I'm not gifted. I'm just an average student trying to live life. And you're not taking me anywhere. That's kidnapping, I'll have you know, and that's quite against the law. There's nothing wrong with me, so you don't need to take me to any department whatever. Just let me out of here", she said, reaching for the door handle.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:31 pm
She would find the door locked, but more importantly she'd find they were speeding along again, this time down a side street and much too fast to be legal. With eyes straight ahead he chuckled, "Then tell me how you can see it when that large group of people saw nothing at all. How could you see it and over twenty Ordinaries see nothing? How do you explain it? Whether you like it or not I'm taking you in."  

Tacitus
Captain

Codger

Mitsuko Daiwa

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:34 pm
"No, I swear, I didn't see anything. I was just hallucinating. You look perfectly normal now. Honestly. I don't know what I was thinking. Probably lack of food and water and whatnot.", Mitsuko said. She was getting desperate now, and had resorted to lying to try to get out of this. She just wanted to live her life. She didn't want to be taken into some organization. She didn't even know half of what was going on.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:18 pm
With a grin he took his eyes off the road and looked to the girl, "Fine, have it your way." He jerked hard on the steering wheel, sending them spinning out into an empty lot. With a clack the doors unlocked and he stepped out, his voice carrying through the still open door as he moved to stand in front of the car, "You run and I'll have a strike team tag you and take you in. I'm giving you a chance to do this with honor. I know you can see it, I know you are far from Ordinary, now show me. Your one way out of this is if I'm out cold and you happen to get away, as I certainly wouldn't tell anyone I'd been bested by a mere girl." He thought for a moment, "There is a nine millimeter handgun in the glove box, if you think it will help."  

Tacitus
Captain

Codger

Mitsuko Daiwa

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:49 am
Mitsuko blinked, feeling hope in the moment she thought she'd won until she felt the car spin violently. When it stopped, she was quite dizzy and disoriented, and almost didn't notice him exit the vehicle.
When he propositioned her, she thought perhaps it would be easier to get away, but decided she'd rather see this guy on the ground out cold-or dead, for that matter, she thought as she glanced at the glove box-than having him call for back-up.
She grabbed the gun and slipped it behind her into the waistband of her jeans, but didn't slide her shirt over it like most people did. She wanted to be able to grab it at any time.
Mitsuko stepped out of the car and stood there, wondering how she should go about attacking him.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:24 pm
He shifted into a fighting stance reminiscent of that one might find in an old kung fu movie. With feet spread and body turned at an angle he extended his hand towards Mitsuko, where it slowsly turned to allow the palm to face her. Even as flames kicked up around his body and an obscuring mist danced up from his feet the light began to grow at his palm to indicate he was conjuring another orb of freezing energy.

Quote:
Incarnum Radiance: Four times per day Keishi can produce one of four Auras. The effect lasts 4 rounds. Only one aura may be active at a time.
Silver: Aura of Deflection
Ashen Gray: Aura of Destruction
Blood Red: Aura of Accuracy
Emerald: Aura of Speed
Perfect Meldshaper: Once Per Day Keishi can flood each of his Soulmelds with a single Essentia Point without actually expending that point.
Essentia Pool: 20

Tacitus
Captain

Codger

Mitsuko Daiwa

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:37 pm
Mitsuko blinked as his arm extended, and thought perhaps running would have been a better choice.
She decided, however, to stick with her decision, and stay and fight him. Quickly she pulled the gun out from where she'd stashed it, and darted behind the open door of the car. She took aim at his head, first, then decided she didn't want to kill him, and switched to his shoulder.
If he didn't stop her, she would pull the trigger, and hopefully shoot him. She didn't think, however that it would be that easy.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:46 pm
He would do nothing, the orb held just before his palm, and thus the gunshot would ring out through the old neighborhood and echo through the empty lot. Through the mists around Keishi a glowing spot near his shoulder showed where it had hit and probably deflected away. He quickly became hidden in the haze, shifting back and to the side, away from his car. His voice called out with a tone of mirth, "Good, good, you're not entirely useless. Try harder, only, what, eleven rounds left?"

Quote:
Incarnum Radiance: 3
Silver: Aura of Deflection AURA
Perfect Meldshaper: 1
Essentia Pool: 19

Tacitus
Captain

Codger

Mitsuko Daiwa

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:21 pm
Mitsuko was suprised when he didn't move until she saw the light shine on his shoulder. She figured if he had some sort of freaky orb making powers, he probably had shield type abilities, too, although she couldn't be sure.
Suddenly he disappeared and began to taunt her from the fog around them.
Mitsuko decided that, much as she wanted to, she wouldn't taunt back. This guy was much stronger than her, and could protect himself.
Instead of wasting bullets firing wildly around, she tried to squint through the fog to see him.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:05 pm
A billow of mist would be all the warning Mitsuko would get before the frigid orb came hurtling through the air towrds her. It would hit the door with enough force to slam it closed, though with her in the way it might just knock her around a bit instead. If she dodged back the door would close and a spray of extremely cold air would pass along one side of the car, creating a large swath of ice. If she did not move out of the way it would explode upon the door and encapsulate the door in ice, affixing it to the car, in which case she'd either be stuck in the door and ice or find that door very difficult to open for quite some time.

Quote:
Essentia Pool: 19

Tacitus
Captain

Codger

Mitsuko Daiwa

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:31 pm
As she squinted she saw movement in her peripheral vision and turned. She saw a strange mist-like cloud moving towards her quite fast.
Mitsuko could tell this wasn't good. Instinctually she dodged into the only place she thought would be safe: the car. Perhaps it was a stupid idea, since the cloud seemed to be aimed towards it, but she didn't care. She figured that the car would at least give her some protection.
The thing he'd shot at her hit the door, knocking and freezing it shut.
She glanced backwards for only a moment, before moving forward towards the open door on the other side of the car.
Mitsuko semi-sat up, one leg folded with her knee on the seat, and the other braced against the floor. She angled herself out the door, and took aim in the direction she thought she'd seen the cloud come from.
Mitsuko took aim, and shot, not knowing what good it would do.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:46 pm
For a moment a section of the cloud dispersed, revealing a glowing plate of crystal blocking out what should be Keishi's head. The mist closes in around him once more to block him out, the light fading as he began to move forward, the dome moving with him. He kept close to the ground, doing little to hide his approach but keeping low did seem better than standing upright when getting shot at. Another orb began to grow

Quote:
Essentia Pool: 18

Tacitus
Captain

Codger

Mitsuko Daiwa

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:58 pm
Mitsuko sighed as yet another bullet had been deflected by this fellow. She had figured she'd only be wasting another round, but her justification had been that it never hurt to try.
Now it seemed that he was moving towards her. She didn't really know his intent, but figured just staying in the car would probably be somewhat stupid.
She got out, and positioned herself in such a way that, if she had to dodge out of the way of another orb-deal, she'd be able to do it more easily. Of course, this interfered with her aiming a little bit, but since her bullets didn't seem to be having much of an effect, she didn't think it mattered much.

The Gaian Coliseum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff