Reply The FSFBG
Music to Listen to While Reading Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Henneth Annun

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:52 pm
Absolutley anything. Rock, heavy metal, classical...

Sometimes it helps to listen to things with no lyrics, or non English lyrics. I'd listen to music in German or Swedish a lot, but once I started learning German and understanding what the band was saying I couldn't concentrate as well so now I listen to it less often when I read.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:34 pm
I start with my favorite song, but I usually don't even hear that song or any following due to the reading, so it doesn't really matter.

But, I like having background noise reading (when it isn't people talking, I mean).

theorie de chaos

The Tainted Truth

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:56 am
I usally try and listen to somthing mellow like Amy Lee's singing.
Or somthing that fits the tone of the book.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:38 am
I like listening to anything I know really well, because if I listen to something I don't know it gets really hard because I want to listen to the music and read at the same time, and my brain gets all jumbled. So, basically, whenever I listen to music when I read I just tune it ou, which sound dumb, but I like having music in the background, it just sorta fits... I would recommend mellow stuff, heavy metal would be distracting.  

megsha22

3,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Friendly 100

Reading Queen

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:53 am
Well for me it kind of depends what I'm writing. If I'm writing a sad story I might go with some sad songs to get me into the mood. If I'm writing a happy story I'll listen to happy songs. Sometimes it doesn't matter what I'm writing I'd end up listening to Backstreet Boys or Country.  
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 3:05 pm
I listen to usually metal not the screaming type but the soft type like for example Unforgiven by Metallica. I also listen to instrumental music. smile  

XxMetal_UniversexX

Lonely Genius

11,400 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Marathon 300

Charlock_McCloud

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 7:19 pm
Hmm, usually i have the radio on (arrow rock) quite quiet. Arrow rock is definitely my choice cause it has no commercial breaks or talking inbetween songs, and the music is mostly to my liking, oldies and classic rock =]

If it was an album i was choosing it'd probably be something soothing like enya or moby, or instrumental albums like Apocalyptica or Buckethead's Electric tears.

If not those then Pink Floyd is always there razz  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:38 am
i listen to my ipod all the time when i read  

Tohrue Honda the Cutie

jimvansage

4,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:36 am
Carly Simon?  
The FSFBG