Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Had yours taken out?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Zher

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:51 pm
So, just a few days ago, I had my wisdom teeth taken out. Just curios if anybody else had theirs taken out, and what helped them through it. Like what to eat... its really sad i cant even really eat anything other than Yogurt. gonk Advice?

BTW, I look like a chipmunk because of my cheeks are really swollen. Its quite hilarious. At least the Vikadin makes the pain go away.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:32 pm
Do not rush and take it easy. I had mine cut out years ago.  

rftkfan

Eaten By Cheese

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 6:03 pm
For some wierd reason, I have never had wisdom teeth. It's not that they never came up, they just... didn't exist. As in, some people are born without certain teeth, but I was lucky enough to be born without wisdom teeth, and all my other teeth! Yay! -dances-

Hope your mouth starts feeling better. I've had teeth pulled before... no fun. >.< Can't imagine how much worse wisdom teeth must be. What makes it so much worse when wisdom teeth are pulled than when normal teeth are pulled?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:47 pm
It sucks, but your past the worst part of it. You prety much don't need to worry about what foods you eat, once the swelling and tenderness goes down (before that, stick to softer foods). Also, make sure you clean the holes where the teeth where. My dentist failed to mention this to me, so it was chock-full of nasty decomposing food when I went in for a check-up. If he hasn't given you a cleaner for it, you should ask for it when you next go in and try to swish water in your mouth after brushing.  

ioioouiouiouio

Zher

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:12 pm
Cometh The Inquisitor
It sucks, but your past the worst part of it. You prety much don't need to worry about what foods you eat, once the swelling and tenderness goes down (before that, stick to softer foods). Also, make sure you clean the holes where the teeth where. My dentist failed to mention this to me, so it was chock-full of nasty decomposing food when I went in for a check-up. If he hasn't given you a cleaner for it, you should ask for it when you next go in and try to swish water in your mouth after brushing.

thanks!!! don't want that happening!  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:08 am
I've never had wisdom teeth taken out, but I've had oral surgery 4 times for orthodontic reasons. For my second surgery I had 8 teeth taken out at once. I'm a pro. For the first 1-3 days stick to soft cold foods such as ice cream, or refridgerated applesauce. milkshakes and smoothies are good too. after that, for another 2 or 3 days stick to any soft food. Mac and cheese, mashed potatoes, and the foods listed above. Then slowly start reintroducing the harder foods, but be careful, and keep an eye on the surrounding area where your teeth previously were. and if it doesn't hurt, don't take vikaden. For some reason, I never took a lot of pain killers. I'm like my mom. I have a great resistance to mouth pain. anyway, hope that helps.

P.S. swishing with salt water after a few days can help, instead of brushing. after I think it's three days, start gently brushing over your teeth. You don't want to irritate your mouth too much after teeth removal.  

Sarcastic_Angel

Zher

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:19 am
Sarcastic_Angel
I've never had wisdom teeth taken out, but I've had oral surgery 4 times for orthodontic reasons. For my second surgery I had 8 teeth taken out at once. I'm a pro. For the first 1-3 days stick to soft cold foods such as ice cream, or refridgerated applesauce. milkshakes and smoothies are good too. after that, for another 2 or 3 days stick to any soft food. Mac and cheese, mashed potatoes, and the foods listed above. Then slowly start reintroducing the harder foods, but be careful, and keep an eye on the surrounding area where your teeth previously were. and if it doesn't hurt, don't take vikaden. For some reason, I never took a lot of pain killers. I'm like my mom. I have a great resistance to mouth pain. anyway, hope that helps.

P.S. swishing with salt water after a few days can help, instead of brushing. after I think it's three days, start gently brushing over your teeth. You don't want to irritate your mouth too much after teeth removal.

I am being taken off slowly of Vikadin. And it sucks. And i heart yogurt. I am eating it right now, ate some pizza earlier. In the next 1-4 days i will be making a recovery (hopefully) to harder foods. REAL food.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:51 am
Oh, I guess it's been a few days now, huh? XD; So are things going okay? I was addicted to my school's pizza back then, so I ate like 8 huge pieces the day before they got pulled to save up for afterwards.. but then the next day I was hungry again, so I gave up immediately and just ate more pizza anyway. D: But it was okay, because I got a little syringe to squirt the gunk out of the holes. Did they give you one? It was pretty awesome, actually. Not as creepy as I'd thought it would be.

And now, a couple years later, the holes are filled all the way in with bone, it's pretty awesome.  

Guacamole-kun

Zher

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:45 am
Guacamole-kun
Oh, I guess it's been a few days now, huh? XD; So are things going okay? I was addicted to my school's pizza back then, so I ate like 8 huge pieces the day before they got pulled to save up for afterwards.. but then the next day I was hungry again, so I gave up immediately and just ate more pizza anyway. D: But it was okay, because I got a little syringe to squirt the gunk out of the holes. Did they give you one? It was pretty awesome, actually. Not as creepy as I'd thought it would be.

And now, a couple years later, the holes are filled all the way in with bone, it's pretty awesome.

Lol, I should have done that, but I was working and I had been told the day before that I was getting them yanked (forgot about it, but never knew the official day). And I have painfully eaten pizza, its just too good. A syringe sounds fun! I love squirting water in my mouth like at the doctors. I lost around 7 pounds from this. neutral Come to think about it, in a whole day i would eat like 3 yogurts (if that). But now i eat a lot more. and thanks, and yes i am doing better  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:17 am
Zher
Sarcastic_Angel

I am being taken off slowly of Vikadin. And it sucks. And i heart yogurt. I am eating it right now, ate some pizza earlier. In the next 1-4 days i will be making a recovery (hopefully) to harder foods. REAL food.

I know how you feel. I got sick of living off of macaroni and cheese. I would just make a huge box of it each day and eat it through out the day whenever I got hungry. I didn't eat macroni and cheese for like a month afterwards.  

Sarcastic_Angel

*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff