Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Back to Guilds

Reply *~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild
What is this guild's view on "alternative christians"... ? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

<3
  <3
View Results

Lass Kyon

Aged Sex Symbol

8,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 4:47 am
3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 5:42 am
1 Corinthians 3:17 KJV
If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

And later, in 6:19-20 KJV
19What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
20For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

And then you have Leviticus 19:28 still KJV
Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD.
Of course, that was talking about Paganistic practices. So I'm pretty sure that falls under such things as "You can use the sword in service of Satan, but you can also use it in the service of God." but that's just me.
John 15: 12-14 also tells us to love one another, as Jesus loved us. Somehow, I don't think that judging somebody by their appearance is loving them. Especially when they can not throw stones, as no one is without sin.  

Sting Chameleon

Newbie Elder

Lass Kyon

Aged Sex Symbol

8,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 6:34 am
Sting Chameleon
1 Corinthians 3:17 KJV
If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

And later, in 6:19-20 KJV
19What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
20For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

And then you have Leviticus 19:28 still KJV
Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD.
Of course, that was talking about Paganistic practices. So I'm pretty sure that falls under such things as "You can use the sword in service of Satan, but you can also use it in the service of God." but that's just me.
John 15: 12-14 also tells us to love one another, as Jesus loved us. Somehow, I don't think that judging somebody by their appearance is loving them. Especially when they can not throw stones, as no one is without sin.

Well there we have it. xd  
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 6:59 am
Your look might even help you evangelize certain groups of people; I'm sure many non-Christians would be happy to meet someone who's not a legalistic hypocrite. I am not trying to tell you your calling, but pointing out that our apparent weaknesses can be His strength. Every person has a unique individual purpose here, and God will tailor you to it in amazing ways.  

MrsMica

Lass Kyon

Aged Sex Symbol

8,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 10:41 am
Penden
Your look might even help you evangelize certain groups of people; I'm sure many non-Christians would be happy to meet someone who's not a legalistic hypocrite. I am not trying to tell you your calling, but pointing out that our apparent weaknesses can be His strength. Every person has a unique individual purpose here, and God will tailor you to it in amazing ways.

Very true. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 4:33 am
We judge the world around us based on our five senses, the most-used one being our sight because we can see farther and more distinctly than we can hear/touch/taste/smell. This is natural and necesssary. The appearance you present to the world WILL tell the world a little about you, and to expect people to ignore what you look like is ridiculous. You should pay attention to what you look like so that you present the world with an accurate picture of who you are.

In Matthew 6:16 Jesus points out that some parts of who you are should not be visible to others (in this case, the part that is fasting should not be announced to the world in your appearance). But when you choose what to show the world of yourself, know that people will see it and make their assumptions accordingly. If you want people to see you dressed differently because you want to be known as a different kind of person, then fine. If you want to be recognized as Christian, there are ways to do that even while wearing your hair differently (I'm thinking of jewelry but there are other ways, too).

In Exodus 13 God suggests we wear reminders of our devotion to him on our foreheads for all to see (including ourselves). So I don't see anything wrong with wearing a tatoo (though personally I agree with the person who said "no needles for me thanks!"). Seems like we should adorn ourselves with whatever fits our Selves.  

Faith Fairy

Crew

Blessed Fairy

9,025 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Lass Kyon

Aged Sex Symbol

8,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 5:28 am

<3

What, exactly, "looks Christian"? I dress and look the way I like. I'm not going to change myself for people because they're ignorant and choose to remain that way. The Lord sees me for who I truly am, and that's all I need.

<3

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 12:16 pm
there is no way to "look" christian. my athiest friend wears the "Jesus" cloaths because they are comfy. Christians have no "look" and we while we shouldnt conform to the world, we shouldnt have to compromise ourselves to be accepted by the Church  

promised_child

GO-YAFFA

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 1:49 pm
I believe in God but I like to rock out and play air guitar in my room like a lot of other 17 year olds. As for the tats and piercings, I don't even have my ears peirced (my choice not because of any biblical reason) and I hate tatoos. I don't think God's really gonna care what color your hair is when you're in heaven.  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff