Reply *~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild
Once saved always saved? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

swakikiki

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:20 pm
helo.... drinking is not a sin.... since i think it's one way of socializing.... the sin there is when one is addicted to it already....  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:59 pm
SnotDrinker
SaintXenos
no, once your are saved it is irrevolcable (irreversible).

John 10: 27-29

27: My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow me.
28: and I give eternal life to them, and they shall never perish; and no one shall snatch them out of My hand.
29: My father, who has given them to Me, is greather than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand.

once given this it IS a free ticket to Heaven....no matter what things we do on earth. there is ALOT worse things then getting drunk. we do ALOT of things everyday and it adds up in the end. you dont go to hell just for drinking. God chooses who will go to heaven, and once chosen, it can't be changed by mere man.

Thats a bold statement. I'm truely curious about this being raised A.G. this was not preached or believed. I do not see where this say a person can not turn from God with their own free will. I know that I at one point in my life was so frustrated with God that i turned from him I was angry and confuse I didn't see his plan as a good plan. (my own arogance) but I strongly belive I would have gone to hell during that time. Not because I was doing any terrible sin, nut my refuse to converse with God. Now God would not let up on me. And I belive never would have, and he did bring me back to him. If you can find any scriptures that chalange this please let me know.

the will of man is not free, however god doesnt FORCE us to like him. you do realize theres ALOT of believers that once in their life get frustrated with god? you do realize that don tyou? that doesnt mean we dont eventually go back to him once we trully understand the situation we're in, whatever that may be.

and scriptures that challenge what? i already showed you verses directly stating that once saved always saved. i seriously doubt god would change his mind in the people hes already chosen to go to heaven. he already knows the things we will do in life before we are even born. he is a merciful and FORGIVING god. when we are angry at him he understands doesnt he? think about it.  

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:00 pm
mistressofthelost
SaintXenos
reddy4nething
mistressofthelost
So wait...if I get saved and then go murder someone, I'm ok?
nope.......if u ask 4 4giveness God will 4give u but otherwise......ull be judged 4 it

yeah shes right, even though once your saved it cant be reversed, we are still accountable for our sins and we WILL be judged accordingly.

So, since it's very unlikely that her friend had a chance to ask for forgiveness, how likely is the chance that he went to Heaven?

once again, God knows ALL. he knows the thoughts of us whether we're dead or alive. you dont have to be alive to ask for forgiveness. you can still ask for it once your standing right in front of god. you dont go to hell just because you miss the chance of asking for forgiveness.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:10 pm
I think he went to heaven. We're sinful beings and God knows that but forgives us anyway. Just because he was drinking doesn't mean he went to hell. Would you say someone who yelled at their parents on their cell phone and then got into a car accident and died went to hell because they sinned right before they died? We're always sinning and it's impossible for us to stop. If the only way to get into heaven was to stop sinning right before you died, no one would get in.  

kim ocean

Spazzed_out_Basil

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:31 pm
It's God's judgement in the end, not ours, this is a wierd conversation, why go on?  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:13 am
Spazzed_out_Basil
It's God's judgement in the end, not ours, this is a wierd conversation, why go on?

people need reasurrance about things smile  

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

lifeistupid429

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:20 pm
I don't think it even matters so much whether or not you've been saved as long as your heart is good and God can tell that you are a true good person beneath the rough exterior  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:17 pm
alicia8488
drinking isn't a sin. Getting drunk is a sin.

And he definatly got drunk. I think he went to heaven. Doesn't the Bible say that once you become a believer that "no one can take you out of His hand?"

I'm not quite sure. But I did here that there is a possibility of getting iradicated from the book of life because that person has lost their faith. But in terms of this, did he lose his faith? ARGH! I'm confusing myself! gonk sorry!  

zeroshi

Moliverio

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:48 am
Well dear ask yourself this question. If Jesus died on the cross for our sins, could sinning still have a toll on us after accepting Him as our savior? The only sin that God will not forgive is not accepting Him. After asking Jesus christ our savior from our sins into your heart you have a clean slate. You cannot work your way into Heaven Jesus already made it open to all who accept. Before Jesus was crucified, people would have to make blood sacrifices to make up for all of they're sins, Jesus came as the ultimate sacrifice taking the toll of all our sins up with Him on the cross.  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff