Reply *~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild
Who are we?.....

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

rftkfan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:08 pm
Who are we? We are a group of people who "claim" to be Christian. But we do not "claim" to be friends. We "claim" to be Christ like. But will do things behind other backs. I was a member of this guild for a season. I left for my own reasons. I am what I claim to be. I claim nothing. Meaning I do not hide under a mask of saying I am something. My words and actions speak for me. I like my avi do not wear a mask ever. Not even a Halloween mask. Can we agree to dis-agree? Can we be different but the same? I do not know. You can see what is behind my mask cause I do not wear one. What is behind your mask?  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 1:00 pm
Shouldn't say 'we' not everyone here is like that. But I was ready to post a thread similar to this.
Alot of people look at Christians and think "hypocrite!" "Gay-hater!" and so on. So many others who decide to call themselves Christians give us bad names. So many Christians out there do un Christ-like things such as: watching dirty movies, cursing people out, stealing, lying, being hypocritical, fornicating, telling dirty jokes, gossiping, being judgmental, back stabbing people, disrespecting adults and those in leadership positions, no respect for the Church, bad attitudes, and the list keeps going.
These peole who claim to be 'Christian' give real Christians a bad name. Infact the "Christians" who do all those things dont normally have a relationship with God. Which defeats the purpose of being a Christian.

Please help bring back the true meaning of Christianity.

I show people that I'm Christian through my words and actions. A person should be able to look at you and tell you are Christian. I walk through my school and it is COMPLETELY rare that I find someone like this. In the end, it doesn't matter what other people think about you, it's what God thinks about you.
If God were to look at some of us right now, what do you think he would determine?

I could continue to preach about this, but I wont because this isn't my thread. I do hope that this generation of Christians can change what the world thinks about us.

I dont own a mask. I am me.  

Pandemasu

rftkfan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 5:49 pm
That is what I am getting at. The Community sees and and judges us by what we do. I left the sports bar and if I told the stuff I have seen in it It would be terrible. I very rarly see people who do not wear a false face. I have seen pastor of churches walk out of the bar so drunk they could barly stand. I have a special needs child. I am very prideful of his what he has done. If I walked in your church with my group of special need children. What would the congration reaction be? We have been asked to leave a few times. Would we be welecome? Or is a mask in place.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 3:54 pm
It is human nature to wear a mask. As unfortunate as that sounds, I know that it is true. I know that I can be a very fake person, saying one thing but meaning another. I am nothing without God. As hard as one may try to live up to Jesus, no one ever will. We are all sinners, some struggling with stronger temptations than others.

That is awful that you and the special needs children were asked to leave a church. Definitely not the Christian attitude. I know it is difficult to always do, but we should always try and ask what Jesus would do if He were in our situation.

postage-paid

`Kel`

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:52 pm
rftkfan
That is what I am getting at. The Community sees and and judges us by what we do. I left the sports bar and if I told the stuff I have seen in it It would be terrible. I very rarly see people who do not wear a false face. I have seen pastor of churches walk out of the bar so drunk they could barly stand. I have a special needs child. I am very prideful of his what he has done. If I walked in your church with my group of special need children. What would the congration reaction be? We have been asked to leave a few times. Would we be welecome? Or is a mask in place.

----------------------------------------------------------
I come from a group of very good Christians. I dont hide myself behind a mask. I am a sinner, Im not afraid to say it. I have done some bad things. But I am a child of God, and I am not afraid to say that either.

My church is called Harvest Worship Center (A place of Hope and Restoration) I have been going to that church ever since I was about 3 years old. My uncles the preacher. I was with my congregation family from the time we watched our church burn to the ground, to the time we saw our new God given building come up (20 times bigger than the storefront) My church would love your child. I mean Love. In my church we take in all kinds of people. WE GO GET them from thier houses if they cant physically make it themselves. We dont care where they came from, we dont care what they did, we dont even ask. We dont even want to know. We have one mentally handicaped child. She is so precious, we have watched her grow and learn from a baby. She always needs help walking, and someone is always there holding her up. When I say my church brings in people, heh heh. I sat beside a couple of convicts last Sunday. One of them has been studying with pastor for a long time, and has become a liscensed minister. They are from our prison ministry, brother Larry wakes up early to go get them. And we bring in homeless people, from the rescue misson. They are some of the nicest people. We help them get on thier feet. We treat these people just like they were anyone else. I mean thats the way God sees them, isnt it? We want to be like God.

We dont even have a denomination. We dont want to label ourselves. We dont want to scare ANYONE off, lol.

Hey, come to my church. THAT WOULD BE AWESOME. We would welcome you with wide open arms.

Harvest Worship Center, Panama City, Florida.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:27 pm
I see monthing wrong with hiding your true feelings as long as you show you are for Christ. I let people know I'm a Christian and get in-depth if they want to know our Savior more, but why do they need to know my personality? I don't do things anymore behind my back that Christ wouldn't apporve of, or try and cut back anyway (because we are all sinful).  

SUPERSQUIRRELX

Princessofwhatever

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:17 pm
I dont wear a mask so anything someone wants to know about me is either obvious or can be easily found out by how i behave or just asking me. i am aware of my faults therefore i do not claim perfection. no human is perfect. even the Bible says that we all sin and fall short of the glory. therefore there is not reason to wear a mask. wearing a mask is not only being deceitful to others. it is also being deceitful to yourself and hurting yourself.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 5:38 pm
I am not saying that we are not a sin full people. It is the only thing God said in Genisis It was good. Is our free will. People do thing to hurt others even with the best intention. I decided after playing this for a while I could not lie to any one. I got involved with a cult a few years ago and know there way of doing things. They go after what is inportant to you. My kids are important to me. Maybe there ideas are not that bad?  

rftkfan

Pure.Marauder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:28 am
The minority of "Christians" who profess to love god but don't live according to his laws give the majority of those Christians who really do love God a bad name.

I'm a member of a Christian Club at our school. Many think were a cult of some kind which is absolutly not true. I think it's our obligation as Christian to tell others what being a Christian is really about. Many people just don't know what we stand for or what Christianity really is other than a religion.

God Bless!  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:50 pm
This is another thread that could use another look today. Maybe it'll give others something to look upon when they come in for the first time, and give them something to grasp for in their understanding of what it is to be a Christian. Maybe, maybe not.  

Reverend MacManus

OG Bibliophile

16,500 Points
  • Team Moira 200
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Punk Patrol 250

No place like 127 0 0 1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:57 am
Princessofwhatever
I dont wear a mask so anything someone wants to know about me is either obvious or can be easily found out by how i behave or just asking me. i am aware of my faults therefore i do not claim perfection. no human is perfect. even the Bible says that we all sin and fall short of the glory. therefore there is not reason to wear a mask. wearing a mask is not only being deceitful to others. it is also being deceitful to yourself and hurting yourself.

agreed  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:52 pm
That's difficult to interpret. The "you" that we see is an avatar, even if it wears no mask.  

OneWithDunamis

*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff