Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[PRP] Star Light, Star Bright (See Inside)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

divena

11,525 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:33 pm
Deep in the territory the Sangfroids call home is a crude little stone alter that Zahavah built in honor of her patron spirit, the Wishing Star. Or, as Zahavah called it, Astrid. Below are the times that Zahavah has gone to the alter to speak to the star. (AKA any times she or anyone in her family has won anything from wishing star raffles, or she just went to vent because she's a bit of a kook that way X-D)

User ImageUser Image  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:38 pm
Angelique DelaMort
Offering: A braided rope of vines…Gimm’s way of managing the “snakes” that tried to attack Pavlov earlier that day.

Pavlov approached the alter slowly, his eyes habitually scanning the parameter. The night was cool and clear and by the moonlight he could see all across the valley around the hill. Pavlov tended to feel a little better if he could at least see what was coming at him instead of being blindsided by another vision. This morning it had been snakes. Pavlov really hated snakes. He awoke to the sound of hissing and to his horror Zahavah was gone. The mini mare was his best friend and protector. Somehow she had the power to make his visions disappear. But that morning she was gone so it was left to Grimm to jump in. The rabbit tied up the vines in a matter of seconds, smugly presenting the rope to Pavlov like a cat gifting a dead mouse to its owner. It was this rope that Pavlov brought to the present to the wishing star as his offering. “Um, hello?” he said looking up at the heavens after placing his offering. “H-hi there, I’m Pavlov. Maybe you’ve seen me before? You know, in the meadows, or the forests…or running terrified for my life…” he sighed and pawed lightly at the ground. “I don’t really know what I’m doing here. I can barely take care of myself. Actually, no, I can’t take care of myself. A rabbit just saved my life this morning. He’s a nice enough rabbit as far as rabbits go….that’s not really true either…he’s kind of a jerk, but a well-meaning one.” Pavlov paused and tried to gather his thoughts. It was just him and the wishing star. No pressure, right? “So there’s this girl, er mare. Her name is Zahavah. I’m sure you’ve seen me with her a lot too. You see, she’s kinda fantastic and she likes to be with me. And I Really need her to stay…with me. Not just for the ‘defeating the evil visions’ thing, I know that won’t last, but because she’s….she’s Zahavah, and I when I’m with her I’m almost happy and for a little while I just might be safe. But I know she wants “little minions” to raise…” his mind flashed to a different vision than the usual horrors, one of a beaming Zahavah teaching a young soquili how to block and guard and stand her ground. For some reason he always saw Zahavah with a daughter, a little fearless filly just like her mother. “Anyways…I was kinda hoping maybe you could help with that? I know it’s a long shot and I know I’ve done nothing in my live to deserve it, but I’d really like to see Zah be happy and I’d really like her to be happy with me.” He added in a quiet voice, a whisper in the night because he knew he wasn't destined for good things in his life like little baskets and bright eyed babes but still... "And you know what? I think I might be happy with a little family too."

Divena
Offering: A string of fangs, the results of her many victories in the fights she picked… er… disagreements entered.

Zahavah strutted up to the alter and set her prize on the smooth surface, amongst all the other offerings. She wasn’t worried about the other wishes being made. All she cared about was the possibility of walking away with her own minion…er….bundle of joy. Yeah. She took a deep breath and addressed the star that could make her dream come true. “Okay… so, here’s the deal. I know I’m not as…um… gentle as some soqs who might have come through here. But I’d be a kickbutt mom. No one would ever take advantage of my kid. And Pav… well, he’s a bit of an odd one, I’ll grant you. Jumps at every little thing. But A child to look after might help him out. You know, give him someone else to be afraid for. And… Just between us? I really kinda like this guy. I mean… yeah… at first, I just stuck with him because he was a total trouble magnet and I like trouble but… he’s really pretty sweet, and cute, in a terrified sort of way. I’d like to have a family with him. I know… we’re not really… ‘compatible.’ But that’s where you come in, yeah? So… yeah… I’d make an awesome mom, and Pavlov would make a great dad. You know… once he gets over the panic of being a daddy. Anyway… thanks for listening… and the baby.”

This first visit led to the beginnings of Zahavah's and Pavlov's blessings. When they awoke the next morning it was to find two baskets. The details can before found here: When Wishes Come True  

divena

11,525 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

divena

11,525 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:42 pm
When Akis and Adalind grew up and left to lead their own lives, Zahavah began to suffer from empty nest syndrome, which led to her approaching the star again...

Divena

Offering: A fist sized rock, slightly reddish, that looks vaguely like a skull.

Zahavah set the rock in front of the wishing star alter. Earlier that morning, Pavlov had stumbled across a pile of rocks, with this one on top, and had freaked out. He’d cried about a skeleton army. Rather than reassuring him that it was just a bunch of rocks, Zahavah had charged the pile and dispersed them within minutes. She had never really been the coddling type, and her method had calmed him down and dispelled his hallucination. Plus it was more fun, so it was all good. She had kept the skull stone, though, because she had like the look of it. Besides, the last time she had done this, she had offered up a string of teeth she had taken as prizes from her previous brawls. It didn’t matter to her that the rocks had just been rocks. She had beat down Pavlov’s hallucination and protected him, and this skull, as she preferred to think of it, was her reward.

“It’s me again,” she told the star with a cheeky grin. “I don’t know if you heard me when I thanked you before. I think Pav said thanks too, but… eh, might as well again, right? So, thanks for our girls. They’re perfect! We raised them together, me and Pav. But they’re grown now and off terrorizing the world on their own. Addy seems like she’s got herself her own little Pav. It’s adorable. Akis has taken to the sea. I think she’s considering the life of a pirate. I couldn’t be prouder of them! We both love them, Pav and me… But… Okay, so I know this is gonna sound greedy when you’ve already given us two such beautiful girls. And I don’t want you to think I don’t love them. I do. We both do. But they’re grown now. They’re off adventuring and maybe even looking to start their own families. Grandkids would be awesome, sure, but… well… Pav’s been stressing out like you wouldn’t believe. He’s jumpier than ever. I think he’s worrying about them. Empty nest syndrome or something. And… I’ll admit, I miss them too. I’m happy they’re off living their lives, but… I do miss having little ones under hoof. So… yeah…” she nudged the skull a bit so that it sat a bit straighter. “I know Pav would love to have more kids. More little girls or sons…. It dosen’t matter to us. It’d just be awesome to have our family grow some more.”

She considered saying more but decided she had babbled on enough.

This preceded the events that can be found in "I Did a Thing", where Zahavah's wish was granted again.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:47 pm
After "Finding Fear" and "Making Alliances," Zahavah approached the star for a third time, though this time she didn't have a specific request in mind. This visit was motivated more by a desire to update the Star on recent events.

Divena
Offering: A carefully preserved spider web and several crudely sketched drawings.

Zahavah set the gifts down and took a few moments to carefully spread out the pictures so that the wishing star could see them all. They weren't the best, but her little Nova had put her heart into them and Zahavah thought the star would like the gift.

"Me again," the mini chirped. "Not sure how casual visits work, so I brought you a gift, just in case. Pav says hi. At least, he would if he took these little chats you and I have seriously. He's humoring me pretty well, though, all things considered. Anywho, Akis brought a beau home for the first time. I like him, he seems like a good sort. He's pretty easy going, which suits Akis and her... erm... adventuresome ways," Zahavah chuckled a bit at that. "Addy is still 'finding herself,' whatever that means. She's been home a couple times, but she's been a little cagey about what she's been up to. She's talking to her father, though, so whatever it is, I'm sure she's not in too much trouble..."

Zahavah trailed off as she considered Adalind. She missed the girl. Their relationship wasn't exactly strained, but they weren't as close as Zahavah would like. The mini was doing her best to give Addy her space while still making sure her daughter knew she was loved. Pavlov was helping a great deal with that, at least. With a sigh, she returned her focus to the star.

"Wolfgang has made some friends. I haven't met them, but they sound... interesting. He's away most of the time. He's taken to the water more than his sisters, which is cute, I think. Nova is staying close to home. I'm a bit worried about her. Her brother and sisters are all out there exploring and learning, but she's staying at home. She seems happy, though, so maybe it's alright? I don't know... we'll see... She did make these drawings for you... I thought you'd like to see our family.

"We had a bit of a scare a little while ago, but it's okay. I've been working with the other soqs in our territory, forming some better security. The kids all seem to have settled down, too. They're all growing up," Zahavah sighed, wistfully. "Even Pavlov. You should have seen him before. He was brave... And I guess I'm growing too. A lot of that going around..." She chuckled and shook her head.

"Anyway, I've taken up enough of your time," she finished up. "I hope you enjoy the pictures. Maybe next time I'll be able to convince the kids to come with me. Pavlov and I both appreciate all of the blessings you've given us. I just wanted to let you know that."

The Star heard her and decided to respond with yet another blessing...  

divena

11,525 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

divena

11,525 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:48 pm
Set after Butting Heads, Zahavah's youngest finally leaves the next and she finds herself conflicted about how she feels about it. To clear her head, she took a quick trip to update her patron star about the changes in their lives...

Quote:
Offering: A sea flower she had found after a quick swim that morning.

Zahavah sighed heavily. “Well… here we are again,” she said, shaking her head. “Remember how I said that Nova was turning out to be a home body? Well, she’s gone out into the world. Can’t say I’m overly thrilled. I know, I was worried about her staying at home before but… Eh, I don’t know. I guess I didn’t really consider what having her gone would mean. I miss my little ones… Ah, but that’s not all. Nova met someone… A mare named Duga. That’s who convinced her to go traveling. I’m not sure how that’ll turn out for them. Duga seems to be fond of traveling, or maybe she just hates sitting still… Whatever. She talked Nova into leaving. Maybe that’s why I’m so worried… All the other children left because they wanted to. Nova left for someone she’d just met… They seemed to actually care about each other… And Duga WAS willing to come back if Nova didn’t want to go, so I don’t think Duga’s trying to take advantage of Nova.” She shook her head slightly. It was a lot. She had left her child go with a smile, because she hadn’t wanted to seem disapproving of this choice. But at the same time, she had her misgivings. “Anyway, I just needed to get all that out. I’m sure she’ll come home to visit, at the very least. The others all do, and Nova’s a good girl, really. Ah, in other news, we may have another member joining us. He’s been hanging around for a bit. Not sure if it’s a good thing or not… he’s already gotten under Midagi’s skin. Can’t say I dislike him for that,” she chuckled a bit. “But he does have some odd notions about romance and whatnot. I don’t think he’ll stay long, but I figured since I’m here anyway, I might as well give you a full update, yeah? That’s all I can think of for now… I hope you’re doing well. Don’t work too hard up there!” With one last cheeky little grin, she trotted back to where she knew her mate would be waiting for her. Probably.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:20 pm
THINK OF THE CHILDREN
Usernames: Divena & Angelique DelaMort
Owners Giving Up Eligibility: Not sure if this is applicable or not, DivenasMom and I will co-own a basket
Permission: Mockbreeding Agreement

A Miracle Foal

Parent 1:
User Image
Uncert
Parent 2:
User Image
Uncert
Couple Proof: LM Agreement and one of their rps
Link to approval post of the owner of the other parent: just in case you need them again, LM Agreement and Mockbreeding Agreement
What does your soquili leave as an offering for the wishing star? Clamshells from the river
Short IC Response: Zahavah settled the shells carefully, making sure that they were in a pretty pattern, per the instructions given to her by one of her oldest daughters, Akis. Why Akis had given HER the shells, rather than coming herself, Zahavah didn't know. The younger mare had said something about no having the same relationship with the star as Zahavah, but that didn't make sense. Nothing was stopping any of the children from visiting the little shrine Zahavah had set up for the star.

"Akis sends her love," Zahavah informed the star once she was done. "I'm sure she would come herself, but she's a bit busy... we've all been busy, I suppose. It's been awhile since I've come by, and for that I'm sorry. Let's see... Morningstar and Wolfgang have grown to be impressive stallions. I'm very proud of my boys. I think you would be, too. They haven't gone off traveling just yet. They're starting to get antsy, though, I think. Nova has come home and settled in. Traveling wasn't quite for her, it seems... but Duga still travels every now and again. She seems to have claimed our home as hers. It's nice having her around. This last time, she came home with some baskets. Two adorable little boys. She and Nova are over the moon..." Zahavah grinned a bit. "So am I, actually. My first grandchildren... Pavlov is as nervous as others, though I think he's starting to get used to the whole parenting thing. I found a couple of baskets near the edge of our territory. They looked to be abandoned, so of course I brought them home. Two more boys, though these ones look to have a bit of kalona in them. Poor Pav, huh?" she chuckled as she remembered her mate's expression of horror when her baskets popped to reveal two more boys. "They're darlings though. We've all been raising the four boys, Duga's and mine that is, together. I think Duga appreciates it. The mare is sweet, and she loves my Nova to pieces, but she's a bit flighty. Nova's turning out to be a good mother. Very nurturing. A little flimsy on discipline, though. I rather like this whole community raising thing.... Addy's been popping in and out, helping here and there. All in all, everyone's been good..." Zahavah sighed happily as she considered her family. She shook her head slightly. "I'll try to make an effort to visit more often... Or at the very least send one of the kids so you don't get lonely..." Yeah, that sounded like a good idea. The kids needed to visit their guardian star more often, anyway.

divena

11,525 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

divena

11,525 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:24 am
THINK OF THE CHILDREN
Usernames: Divena, Angelique DelaMort
Owners Giving Up Eligibility: Divenasmom is going to share a basket with Divena
Permission: Mockbreeding agreement, Lovemate agreement

A Miracle Foal

Parent 1:
User Image
Uncert
Parent 2:
User Image
Uncert
Couple Proof: Lovemate agreement
Link to approval post of the owner of the other parent: Mockbreeding agreement
What does your soquili leave as an offering for the wishing star? A bouquet of wildflowers
Short IC Response: Nova carefully placed the flowers on the alter her mother had put together. She wasn't certain how to go about this. Zahavah had always referred to the wishing star like some kind of distant sister. She had even encouraged her children to address the star as if it was an aunt. Still, this was the first time Nova had approached the star.

"Um, hello," Nova started, tentatively. She paused to take a deep breath. "I'm Nova... Though, I suppose you know that. I... Thank you, for bringing me and my brothers and sisters here to our family. I want you to know that we are so very happy. Mom and Dad are the best parents we could have asked for. This... Well, this feels greedy of me, but Duga insisted, and I want her to be happy. Duga is my mate, my love. She... she wants more children. Our boys are wonderful, don't get me wrong. I love them as if they were my own, and she loves them, too. But she wants children with me. She travels a lot, and it would be lovely to have a piece of her here at home. I understand if our family has already been blessed enough but... as Duga says, it doesn't hurt to ask. Thank you for listening."

Feeling a bit foolish, Nova bowed her head respectfully one last time and hoped that her mother was right and that the star was kind.

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games