• Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:48 pm
Grandma's Little Soldier

Cub Name: Olek
Name meaning: "defender of man" in Greek
Adult name: Kaneenawup
Adult name meaning: "one who is sitting like an eagle" in Native American
Do you understand and accept their parents are gay?: Yes!
Personality: If one word could describe a cub, Olek's word would be contemplative. He'd much rather observe what others are doing rather than suggest an idea of his own or offer an opinion right away. Deep thoughts, and deep breaths before acting are what Olek believes are the best course of action. That is not to say he wouldn't jump in to defend his siblings if they needed his help; of course he would, but the best revenge is the kind that's well-planned.

Is the cub straight, bi or gay? Or is sexuality a fluid concept that means nothing to them?: Straight, which will at first confuse him greatly, having grown up knowing that having two daddies in a relationship is normal. He may try having a relationship with another male in adolescence, but will eventually figure out that 1. he likes girls and 2. that's okay as well.
Prompt number: 1
Prompt reply:
(using Hada, my swampie girl, in the prompt)

"Heya! Olek! Whatcha doing?"

Olek lifted his head up, his moment of concentration broken by the shrieking of the nosy neighbor girl. Well, there were two options available now that he'd proven he'd heard her; he could be polite and cold until she went away, or he could be kind, as his daddies taught him to be.

"Hi, Hada. I was just thinking about different things," Olek replied.

"Different things? Like your family, you mean?" Hada tilted her head slightly as she spoke, as if she were trying to get into the same land of thoughts Olek had been in.

"How is my family different?" Olek asked.

"Your mommy and daddy both have manes!" Hada said. "Except, I thought...well, someone told me only daddies have manes. My mommy doesn't have one, and I haven't seen any other mommies with manes...and I heard it was bad luck to have a mommy with a mane..."

Olek wrinkled his nose at the awkwardness of the commentary. He'd heard someone might make comments like this, but he'd never thought that it would actually happen. Luckily, he'd already weighed his options on how to respond to this long ago.

"I actually have two mommies and a daddy. My other mommy doesn't have a mane, and she made sure I didn't get bad luck when I was a baby. But my other mommy has a different bad luck, so she made sure my Mommy and Daddy would take care of me after."

Hada blinked in surprise. "Two mommies and a daddy?" She puzzled this some more. "But that means..."

"More hugs?" Olek suggested.

"Exactly!" Hada shrieked in delight, only to frown after another moment's thought. "But there's more chances to get in trouble, too."

Olek guffawed. "Well, there had to be a bad part too."

How many lined swampies do you own? 1 girl
Word: (This is hidden in the blurb and will change regularly) Apples  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:33 pm
My Daddy's Little Girl

Cub Name: Siri
Name meaning: My Song
Adult name: Kachina
Adult name meaning: Sacred Dancer; Spirit
Do you understand and accept their parents are gay?: Yep
Personality: Siri is a very optimistic cub who is inspired by the nature around her. For her everything is a piece of artwork that is to be observed and explored. Her determination to enjoy all of nature only fuels her natural curiosity as a cub that will love to ask questions. As she grows up she’ll be slightly less talkative (less “Oh I know this! Let me tell you all about it…”) and more of the observant type that has that knowing smile about her. Very rarely will she ever rise to anger and instead would focus more on word play, mental games than fights.
Is the cub straight, bi or gay? Or is sexuality a fluid concept that means nothing to them?: Siri doesn’t believe in sexuality per say, but rather in the chosen of the heart. She thinks who you love is going to be who you love regardless of gender. “Like that big red string thing, except it’s tied around paws. Eventually you’ll stumble into your one when that string trips ya~”
Prompt number: 1
Prompt reply:
Another beautiful morning.

Nosing through some of the rough underbrush Siri looked for the small bug that had caught her interest. Where had it gone? Pouting she decided to back track and so the cub wiggled her butt back out of the brush. Her siblings had already wandered off to play and so she found herself remarkably alone…again. Not my fault I pay attention! Everyone else was always off running around…she liked to take her time instead. There was nothing wrong in that!

But it really wasn’t too quiet now. Hearing pawsteps the cub looked over her shoulder at a pair of adolescents, “Did you see the family?”

“Mmhmm…aren’t they the odd ones with two dads? It really is a strange situation.”

“Yep~!” Before the other lioness could reply Siri had already stuck her face in the conversation, “It’s really cool actually.” Beaming up at the older ones she innocently shook of their comments, “It’s like a whole big family with super special double papas and such.” Her golden eyes gleamed, “Do ya wanna hear the story? It’s super lovey-dovey~” Because of them she had such a bright outlook on love and had a firm belief that everyone was connected and that one day she’d find her other heart. It would be so nice and exciting~

“Umm…” Both lioness just blinked at the happy cub in surprise as she continued on.

“I don’t think anyone else can be any bettah.” She smiled and tilted her head, “Cause having double parents, no matter if they’re papas or mamas, means even more love!”

“Ah.”

“And!” Siri proudly raised her head, “I don’t think I’ve seen anyone else who loves more~ Would you wanna call love strange then?” She tilted her head confusingly, “I think it’s beautiful instead.”

“No-no.” The lionesses both shook their heads.

“Good.” Beaming even brighter Siri turned to walk away, “Maybe if you’re lucky you’ll find some awesome love one day too! You’ll understand then~” Her tail swaying happily behind her the small cub left the baffled couple alone to ponder her words. Even if others looked strangely on their family Siri would just forgive them because that meant they didn’t really understand the depths of love yet. All she could do was feel bad for them and hope that maybe one day they too would understand exactly how much love could change.

She hoped that one day her own life could changed by that feeling as well.

It would be rather nice after all to have someone by her side like her papa had with her other papa.

How many lined swampies do you own? 2
Word: apples?

Beloved Little Ghost Boy

Cub Name: Hania
Name meaning: Spirit Warrior
Adult name: Hotori
Adult name meaning: Screech Owl Spirit
Do you understand and accept their parents are gay?: Yep
Personality: Surprisingly Hania can be the opposite of his looks. While he appears like a ghost and can easily slip in and out of crowds the cub is actually pretty open with his opinions and can become loud when needed. At first he’ll seem like lazing about is the best way to go, but there’s a fire within him. As he grows it’ll become apparent that the quiet cub actually holds a golden heart and in times of need can quickly take charge. Other times…well he might be found napping in the sun. In fact some days it’s worrisome exactly how much Hania can sleep. In his sleep though there are adventures plenty as Hania loves day dreaming to pass the time and when someone questions the cub it is amazing exactly how far his imagination can go.

It can also be scary at times exactly how much this cub can retain. Any story, any event and he can easily memorize it. Hearing stories about the outside world are his favorites and some days he’ll even “sleep” near lions having interesting discussions and stories. As he grows he’ll be the one seen as an anti-social, reserved type but his siblings would know better and could always come to him for help or advice. He has no fears after all…it’s just actually doing things take effort. Wouldn’t it be nice to just nap instead?
Is the cub straight, bi or gay? Or is sexuality a fluid concept that means nothing to them?: Being concerned about romance and his sexuality would take too much effort…Hania could be classified as asexual until someone stubborn enough comes to drag (I mean sweep) him off his paws. (He would probably end up being straight though unless a really good plot for the other way came along.)
Prompt number: 2
Prompt reply:
Mmm. Hania was truly enjoying the spot of sunlight that he had decided to nap in. While the rest of his siblings were off on their own play adventures the cub was finding more inspiration behind his closed eyelids. It was nice and quiet…with….ears twitching he found his attention diverted from his sleep. Was that crying familiar?

Oh no.

Easily springing to his paws Hania made his way towards the source of the noise. Yep. There was his sister, Sansai, with two other cubs. Unlike his sister who was looking on the verge of even more tears the two cubs were smirking. Are they seriously having fun with this? Frowning Hania took a step forward and emerged from the grasses to stand by his sister, “Come on Sansai. Wanna take a nap with me in the sunlight? It’s nice and warm…”

“Hey!” The cubs huffed at the male who was trying to turn his back on them, “Why don’t you just go back to your strange papa? Or is it like a mom-dad? Whatever they wanna be…we just didn’t want your sister near ours. The weird might rub off.”

The other cub nodded, “Yeah! It’s not even a real family...two fathers is a joke.”

At the insults Hania smirked, “The weird? And a joke?” His bi-colored eyes glowed mischievously, “Afraid of liking us ya mean?” Taking a slow determined paw step forward he studied the two boys, “It’s okay if you think I have an awesome family. I can understand the jealousy.” His tail twitched lightly behind him, “If ya want I might consider spendin’ time with ya. I know you’re secretly interested in how things work~”

“What?” Both cubs though were suddenly afraid. What had happened to the lazy, light spirited cub that had just come by? The one staring them down now was completely different. It was scary. He wasn’t even yelling, but the calm tone of his voice was so weird.

“If you want to question me about my family that’s fine. Just leave Sansai out of it.” Hania tilted his head ever so sweetly, “I know you just are wonderin’ how such beautiful love can exist. Right?” His gaze was suddenly like ice, “It’s just strange to see a couple so in love and happy. I understand.” He nosed his sister gently to get her to start moving, “I’ll be around if you guys wanna bother someone again. I’ll gladly talk to ya after all so feel free to find me instead of my sis~” Taking a few more steps after Sansai he turned his head to glance over his shoulder, “Else I might just have to pound ya~” Smiling gently he nodded his head and continued on his way.

“Hey Sansi.” He said her name lightly as they headed away from the frozen duo, “You shouldn’t listen to them. They’re just bitter that they don’t have two papas or that they’re as cute as you.” Hania smiled warmly, “Our family is happy, right?” A small nod, “So why worry?”

Heading back towards his patch of sunlight the cub pawed at the ground, “Come on let’s take a nap together and then we can go see what papa and papa are up to~”

He would clean up her tears and keep her safe from those bullies.

After all the last thing he ever wanted to see was a sibling crying ever again.

How many lined swampies do you own? 2 (1 gal, 1 boy)
Word: (This is hidden in the blurb and will change regularly) apple  

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:01 am
Closing this now. X3 Give us a few days to go through all the entries.  
[OOC] Events [OOC]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff