Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Major only Tarot

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Coheart

Demonic Prophet

14,300 Points
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:37 pm
Hey guys! My college asked me to do tarot readings for an event that they have. I did it last year for them, and it was a lot of fun. The reading is tonight, and as I prepare, the cards feel strange. I have this strange feeling I should be doing major only readings tonight. I have never done major only, so I guess I am a little nervous. I was of the opinion that the minor card fill in all the little details, and without them the reading could be alter. What do you guys think about major only readings?  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:16 am
I tend to prefer larger, more complex spreads (6-12 cards), so I think that I would feel that major only wouldn't work as well for me (would feel repetitive over multiple readings).

But that doesn't mean it can't work for you!

I typically see the minor arcana as concerning smaller stuff: the day to day things (as opposed to the huge, sweeping changes that are often indicated by the majors). So, they can seem like filler in one sense, but sometimes those everyday influences can have a strong pull on us.

I'm a big believer in guts. If you feel moved to do things a certain way, I would at least try it out and see how it goes (if you still aren't certain, take the whole deck, in case you change your mind).  

kyndryana3

10,550 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hygienic 200

too2sweet
Captain

Tipsy Fairy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:12 pm
Coheart
Hey guys! My college asked me to do tarot readings for an event that they have. I did it last year for them, and it was a lot of fun. The reading is tonight, and as I prepare, the cards feel strange. I have this strange feeling I should be doing major only readings tonight. I have never done major only, so I guess I am a little nervous. I was of the opinion that the minor card fill in all the little details, and without them the reading could be alter. What do you guys think about major only readings?

Probably would depend on what sort of readings you were doing. Smaller spreads - like a one or two card, then maybe. But for more complex, I'd want the whole deck.

But really depends on how you are feeling with them. If you feel like you can make do with just the major, then go for it.  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games