Welcome to Gaia! ::

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duellists of Gaia

Back to Guilds

YDoG is an all TCG guild for all duellists. We also cover the entire Yu-Gi-Oh! games, shows, manga and RPG. 

Tags: Yugioh, Tournament, Duel, Trading Card Game, Anime 

Reply Domino City
Ice barriers good or bad?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Galabrek

Friendly Informer

5,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:32 am
I've played ice barriers for the longest time and I enjoy playing them but other people seem to brush it aside like they dont even acknowledge it that i could be a good deck but thats just me

Are ice barriers good or bad depending on your build?  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:06 am
the best Icebarrier build, imo, was the wetlands control build with Gravity Binds and Level Limit Area B's and maybe 1 or two Gantala for graveyard recursion. however with the introduction of Xyz monsters, the whole Cryomancer, Level Limit Area B and Gravity Bind Strategy just doesn't work anymore, as they don't have levels. Not to mention the TCG has banned 2 of the ice barriers synchros and limited another, with the only one left at three Gungnir. Your better off Playing a more Relevant DT archetype.

Fabled aren't relevant anymore, but they were good at one point. You can try playing them for a DT archetype that not alot of people use.

Naturia are slow, but people play them solely for the bamboo shoot lock.

Jurracs are very nice, and have access to Laggia and Dolkka. They can even make use of rekindling surprisingly thanks to their level 1 tuner having 200 defense and the effect to tribute itself off to get any other non-tuner jurrac from grave.

Flamvell itself is too slow and not a very well supported archetype in General. But it's fun to splash Fire Dog and Magician into decks like Fire Kings.

The last of the Relevant DT Archetypes from the 5d's era are Worms. they act as a control deck, using mainly triple Yagan, triple Xex, 2-3 Cartaros, and a worm king. sometime sother Worms too, but those 9-10 are mainly what is used. The deck can be slow sometimes, and it drags games on, but it's the best of whats left really.

As for the Zexal era DT archetypes, the relevant ones are Gishki, which have amazing OTK potential and recurrence. They're Ritual themed and are on crack really.

Constellar, a great light attribute anti-meta deck that focuses on Xyz Summon. It's best monsters are all easy to make Xyz monsters due to Kaus being able to manipulate the levels of Constellars up to twice per turn, 1 level down or up.

Third Relevant Zexal DT archetype is Lavals. The deck uses rekindling to put out a Quasar and just OTK you. the synchros in the archetype are also very good. One of the synchros is even a brionac specifically for Lavals.

Final DT archetype worth noting is Evilswarm. a Sub-archetype of Lswarm along with the Steelswarm. You don't play any of the Steelswarms though. The deck is basically Dino Rabbit 2.0 and has amazing consistantcy that Dino Rabbit could never have (although it doesn't have great access to Laggia or Dolkka outside of the one level 4 dinosaur in the archetype). They focus on locking down high level special summons. They also have a forbidden lance that the boss monster (well he's not the boss, but he's alot better imo) can search for., as well as a trap version of Rota. They also have a 1950 attack level 4 normal dark monster in the deck, so they didn't get hurt at all by Rescue Rabbit going to one. Especially since that said Rota has the cost of putting a lswarm back into to deck to search for any lswarm.

If you want to have fun, I suggest either Gem-Knights or Gusto's, both are from the Zexal DT era. Gem-knights focus on spamming Fusions, and Gusto's is an entire archetype of deck searchers (basically a ton of GK spies and giant rats specifcally for the archetype). Most of the higher level Gusto's and support cards also act like pot of avarice, some having bonus effects of bouncing opponants cards like brionac does.  

oucyan

Lavish Demigod

32,350 Points
  • Tax Evader 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100

Galabrek

Friendly Informer

5,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:18 pm
This is true but I have an ice barrier build that i use involves defender of the ice barrier and cryomancer. cryo is just there to stall them if they syncro or something but i maintain field presence with the ice barrier build i run i just have to figure out ways to make the deck more playable...and plus i dont have the cards or the funds to get any more cards currently...if i did then I'd be all set  
Domino City

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games