Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gold Diggers and Pollwhores Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild where you can do polls, polls, and more polls. Whist making friends and competing in numerous free competitions 

Tags: polls, gold, anime, active, friends 

Reply Gold Diggers and Pollwhores
Another Sappy Story Idea By Generic Infantry

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

This is dumb.
  Your brain is sad and pathetic.
View Results

Prussian Imperial Guard

Fashionable Lunatic

8,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:43 pm
As you may or may not remember, I made a thread in this guild a long while ago in which I gave away the basis for a sappy romance story idea that popped into my head. If you remember this thread, I will find you then you probably also remember that I really don't like stories based purely on the premise of a romance, and am definitely not the type of person to develop them.

That said, another one crept into my hopeless excuse for a brain a while ago and has been bugging me ever since (in that it keeps popping up and I inadvertently keep adding things to it). When I asked my mom for advice about it, explaining the situation and the previous idea, she, sadly, did not suggest that I have my brain removed or pay a hobo to hit me in the head with a 2x4, but instead that I keep it until it's finished.

Even so, I find that I must share this one, if only to garner sympathy for my horrifying predicament. As such, here it is in a nutshell:

It's WWII (I seem to have an obsession with that particular war lately) in German occupied France, and the story revolves more or less around a German officer who is either too important or too useless to be on the frontlines managing a garrison of soldiers and doing his best to keep actual peace among the natives, rather than just trying to suppress them with force. He meets a French woman, they become friends, he falls in love with her, she MIGHT fall in love with him, and she turns out to be a high ranking member of the French Resistance and one of the major causes for all of the trouble he's been having in regards to it. So far I'm thinking he confronts her and she kills him. Drama and stuff.

Thoughts?  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:22 am
Seems like the sort of story that you would build up slowy and reveal things slowly along the way

He should die, but I dont believe in the confronting, maybe she tells the resistance that she will kill him. Then they set up a plan, though shes hesitant. she confronts him, tries to do it but cant. She confesses her love, and promises to leave the resistance and that they will move away togather, as she turns away someone else in the plan kills him...that way she loses the love which made her re-evaluate life. Meaning she now has question to her future....then the end. Bitter sweet death, opening for a sequal and what not.

Dunno *shrugs* a straigh kill just seems to easy....kinda lazy in a way.  

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Prussian Imperial Guard

Fashionable Lunatic

8,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:58 am
Sagebomb
Seems like the sort of story that you would build up slowy and reveal things slowly along the way

He should die, but I dont believe in the confronting, maybe she tells the resistance that she will kill him. Then they set up a plan, though shes hesitant. she confronts him, tries to do it but cant. She confesses her love, and promises to leave the resistance and that they will move away togather, as she turns away someone else in the plan kills him...that way she loses the love which made her re-evaluate life. Meaning she now has question to her future....then the end. Bitter sweet death, opening for a sequal and what not.

It should be stated that I didn't plan any of this out, so much as ideas came (as much as I wish they hadn't) and some of them started lining up chronologically and made more sense than others. I just shared them in a nutshell here.
Have I mentioned that I'm bad at romances and have no interest in developing them, but am still compelled to work on this one because my mom is usually right and she suggested that I do that?  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:10 pm
Generic Infantry
Sagebomb

It should be stated that I didn't plan any of this out, so much as ideas came (as much as I wish they hadn't) and some of them started lining up chronologically and made more sense than others. I just shared them in a nutshell here.
Have I mentioned that I'm bad at romances and have no interest in developing them, but am still compelled to work on this one because my mom is usually right and she suggested that I do that?

I dont really read fiction, so feel free to discredit my advice

But the best fictions are ones where you get emotionally attached to the characters, and maybe even feel conflicted over the emotions for differing characters. Love sells, and selling books is kinda good if you plan on actually releasing the book.

If its just a short story for fun, then thats kinda different.  

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Prussian Imperial Guard

Fashionable Lunatic

8,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:51 pm
Sagebomb
Generic Infantry
Sagebomb

I dont really read fiction, so feel free to discredit my advice

But the best fictions are ones where you get emotionally attached to the characters, and maybe even feel conflicted over the emotions for differing characters. Love sells, and selling books is kinda good if you plan on actually releasing the book.

If its just a short story for fun, then thats kinda different.

I agree completely, and I enjoy fiction. I don't even have a problem with romances in a fiction novel -- in fact I quite enjoy it if it's done well --, but rather dislike fiction that revolves around the romance, which is exactly what this is.
I suppose if I were to go through the trouble of developing something I dislike I might as well get some money for it, so it would definitely be to sell.
Also, I would never discredit your advice (provided it wasn't something crazy, like stealing someone's eyes).  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:58 pm
Generic Infantry

I agree completely, and I enjoy fiction. I don't even have a problem with romances in a fiction novel -- in fact I quite enjoy it if it's done well --, but rather dislike fiction that revolves around the romance, which is exactly what this is.
I suppose if I were to go through the trouble of developing something I dislike I might as well get some money for it, so it would definitely be to sell.
Also, I would never discredit your advice (provided it wasn't something crazy, like stealing someone's eyes).

XD thanks, I am a sage and my advice tends to be sagacious.

But yeah thats fair.  

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Prussian Imperial Guard

Fashionable Lunatic

8,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:34 pm
Sagebomb
Generic Infantry

XD thanks, I am a sage and my advice tends to be sagacious.

But yeah thats fair.
So, to summarize, this story is crap and I hate it, but am totally going to milk it for profits if possible when it's done.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:56 pm
Generic Infantry
So, to summarize, this story is crap and I hate it, but am totally going to milk it for profits if possible when it's done.

War stories are pretty play out, so if it is very generic it may be pretty diluted in the market. But Im sure if you have a few clinchers which will set it apart (Besides the forbidden love) then Im sure it will be good.  

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Gold Diggers and Pollwhores

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers