Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
How did you find your path?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

pompoennetje

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:20 am
If I'm saying that correctly.

Or got interested in it? With pagan, wicca, witchcraft, anything else?

Did you grow up with it? Or did something happen that got you interested in it?

I'm still searching. Not sure which path would be the best for me. So I was curious how you "got into it".  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:40 am
I'd been interested in magical things pretty much for as long as I could remember, but never realized that there were actually still people practicing such things. When I was in college, I took a class on religion, and for our final grade we had to make up our own religion, and mine revolved around a moon goddess and honoring the earth among other things. It wasn't until a few years later that I happily discovered that there were actual religions that were somewhat related to that. From there it was a matter of researching and trial and error, trying to figure out what worked best for me.  

too2sweet
Captain

Tipsy Fairy

iKillCaustic

Ruthless Hunter

18,040 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Nostalgic Scrapbooker 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:17 am
Ever since I was little, I've adored Ancient Egypt and as a kid, the Ancient Egyptian religion that I knew about from the many documentaries I watched was extremely fascinating.
Move forward a decade or so and I decided to reject the Catholicism I was brought up with. Part of that was because I discovered that the "Saint" Brigid I took the name of at my Confirmation and who was also the patron saint of my high school was probably based on the Irish Celtic goddess of the same name. It was there and then that I decided to become a pagan, much to the amusement of my dad who thinks it's all just a phase.
Over the last few years I've been nothing more than an eclectic pagan (just add the odd bit of kitchen witchery here and there). I'm very glad I never considered myself Wiccan even in my fluffy bunny stage.
Over the last year though I've been researching both the Norse pantheon and the Egyptian pantheon (huge difference I know, but I've felt drawn to both for two very different reasons).  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:07 am
iKillCaustic--uKillMe
Ever since I was little, I've adored Ancient Egypt and as a kid, the Ancient Egyptian religion that I knew about from the many documentaries I watched was extremely fascinating.
Move forward a decade or so and I decided to reject the Catholicism I was brought up with. Part of that was because I discovered that the "Saint" Brigid I took the name of at my Confirmation and who was also the patron saint of my high school was probably based on the Irish Celtic goddess of the same name. It was there and then that I decided to become a pagan, much to the amusement of my dad who thinks it's all just a phase.
Over the last few years I've been nothing more than an eclectic pagan (just add the odd bit of kitchen witchery here and there). I'm very glad I never considered myself Wiccan even in my fluffy bunny stage.
Over the last year though I've been researching both the Norse pantheon and the Egyptian pantheon (huge difference I know, but I've felt drawn to both for two very different reasons).

Oh, I loved the ancient egypt when I was younger as well. Not so much right now as I used to be. My interests in pantheons change a lot.  

pompoennetje

iKillCaustic

Ruthless Hunter

18,040 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:19 am
Dianda Panda
Oh, I loved the ancient egypt when I was younger as well. Not so much right now as I used to be. My interests in pantheons change a lot.

My interest sort of seem to be quite stable. Part of me wants to branch out and look at other pantheons as well, but the other part is comfortable with where I am. I guess only time will tell.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:34 am
iKillCaustic--uKillMe
Dianda Panda

My interest sort of seem to be quite stable. Part of me wants to branch out and look at other pantheons as well, but the other part is comfortable with where I am. I guess only time will tell.

lol That's where I'm at. But then my LARP friends start calling me an Egyptian nut. I only proved it when we were playing Last Word last week. cat_sweatdrop "Things about Egypt" starting with the letter H. Yeah... The guy holding that topic never wanted to play it because they knew it would lead to me winning the round. Which reminds me... I need to take my laptop to LARP today. We're trying to fix the backgrounds of some of our clans and one's Egyptian and they asked for my help.  

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100

iKillCaustic

Ruthless Hunter

18,040 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:52 am
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
lol That's where I'm at. But then my LARP friends start calling me an Egyptian nut. I only proved it when we were playing Last Word last week. cat_sweatdrop "Things about Egypt" starting with the letter H. Yeah... The guy holding that topic never wanted to play it because they knew it would lead to me winning the round. Which reminds me... I need to take my laptop to LARP today. We're trying to fix the backgrounds of some of our clans and one's Egyptian and they asked for my help.

You LARP? Sweet, I do too. My warband is the Undead of the Black Rose and I'm a lycan. Anyway...back on topic...  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games