Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
How do your pets behave when you're doing rituals

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

pompoennetje

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:05 am
-- Or casting circles and the like?

One of my cats suddenly become very, very, very curious and want to touch everything and move everything. lol
The other one either joins into the curiosity-party or simply watches like she's keeping an eye out.

How do your cats/dogs(/other pets?) behave when you're busy with casting circles or rituals or anything like that?  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:13 am
Mine are indifferent, by and large. They don't seem interested or curious about it. If I sit and meditate they will come sit with me but otherwise don't bother. Two previous cats of mine were totally freaked out at any kind of energy work, and immediately left the area.  

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

pompoennetje

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:17 am
Morgandria
Mine are indifferent, by and large. They don't seem interested or curious about it. If I sit and meditate they will come sit with me but otherwise don't bother. Two previous cats of mine were totally freaked out at any kind of energy work, and immediately left the area.

They were freaked out by any kind of energy work? I'd feel a bit sad if that would happen with my cats. But that's me, haha.

It's the same when I'm busy with tarot cards. I always empty the table first, and then spread the cards. One of my cats tends to jump on the table and walk over the cards. emotion_facepalm  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:42 am
I have a room where I do workings and such and typically keep the door closed, so my pets don't really go in there at all. However the few times that I've done rituals outside here, my cats always come and hang out near me. I remember one of the first times after I moved here, I was doing something on the full moon (I think) and my cats actually sat in a circle around me. It was really cool.  

too2sweet
Captain

Tipsy Fairy

pompoennetje

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:46 am
too2sweet
I have a room where I do workings and such and typically keep the door closed, so my pets don't really go in there at all. However the few times that I've done rituals outside here, my cats always come and hang out near me. I remember one of the first times after I moved here, I was doing something on the full moon (I think) and my cats actually sat in a circle around me. It was really cool.

That does sound cool! 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:40 am
Dianda Panda

They were freaked out by any kind of energy work? I'd feel a bit sad if that would happen with my cats. But that's me, haha.

It's the same when I'm busy with tarot cards. I always empty the table first, and then spread the cards. One of my cats tends to jump on the table and walk over the cards. emotion_facepalm

Well, cats and dogs and other animals are said to be more aware of the spiritual world than we are on a regular basis - cats especially, since they already walk between worlds. For some of them intensifying the concentration of spiritual energy isn't comfortable or welcome. Others are quite happy and will bask in it. They're just like people - it all comes down to personality.

I can't pull out a pendulum in this house - it's less a divinatory tool and more a cat summoning device, and they'll try to play with it. If your cat likes tarot, try placing your deck spread out and face down, and turn over the cards your cat chooses to walk on or play with. They may be trying to help.  

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

iKillCaustic

Ruthless Hunter

18,040 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Nostalgic Scrapbooker 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:31 am
My pets usually just stayed in their enclosures because they were too small to be roaming free about the house. They never really seemed to react to any work I did, although my frog did like watching the news...  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:55 pm
when i use to have a dog, i thought he always acted funny around my rituals. but my dog, Lobo was his name, also acted very human like. there were times i thought he was a charming prince trapped in a dogs body since he was always so jealous of my bfs and there were times i thought he could REALLY understand me. call me crazy or whatever but if you really pissed him off he would find one of your things, which at the time happened to be my harry potter and the deathly hollows book and he tore it to shreds. or he ate my dads dentures which took $3k to fix cuz he left him outside all night long lol. he was just a big puppy and insisted on sleeping in my bed every night. so me and lobo had a bond between one another cuz we were pretty much inseperatable. then when i started practicing with him around he would watch me very carefully almost like he was taking notes lol. but it also depended on where i was. because sometimes i would practice in my room and sometimes outside in the backyard. but after awhile i decided that i wanted him to be apart of it. i heard of cat magic and how cats are attuned to those kind of things but my problem is im allergic to cats lol. and im more of a dog person anyway. although i think the way i did it at the time wasnt exactly thought through. there are things that ive learned now that i can use to probably make the spell better. and i think i probably would have went as far as fashioning together a collar for ritual purposes only and maybe having just an amathyst on it. have it blessed. that way it protects the pet from whatever youve invoked, and/ or depending on the rituals you do. i think with any ritual it can open portals to other realms even the spirit realm and itd be horrible if some sort of negative energy attaches itself on the animal. that was just always one of my biggest fears. even though i pretty much stay out of stuff like that. but ive only recently discovered the importance of casting the circles at yhe beginning and the end to insure that wont happen. so i mean even unintentionally anything can happen.  

Moonlite__Syren

Cunning Hunter

10,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:43 pm
Kinda off topic but kinda not because it still deals with pet personality

Moonlite__Syren
he was always so jealous of my bfs

That's the personality of some dogs though. When me and my sister lived with our dad our one dog only got along with one boyfriend that had been brought "home" (worded it that way since I was dog sitting for my dad and Zane came with me so I wasn't exactly bringing him home). She'd growl if they were "sitting too close" and get in the way and lick our faces if they kissed us.

I'm curious though, what type of dog was Lobo?  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:37 am
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
Kinda off topic but kinda not because it still deals with pet personality

Moonlite__Syren
he was always so jealous of my bfs

That's the personality of some dogs though. When me and my sister lived with our dad our one dog only got along with one boyfriend that had been brought "home" (worded it that way since I was dog sitting for my dad and Zane came with me so I wasn't exactly bringing him home). She'd growl if they were "sitting too close" and get in the way and lick our faces if they kissed us.

I'm curious though, what type of dog was Lobo?

funny enough, he was a weimeraner. didnt look like a wolf at all. some hungarian lady gave him to us and she said it was because he was more of an alpha male in comparison to his brother GG. which was short for gray ghost. weimeraner is german for gray ghost. smile  

Moonlite__Syren

Cunning Hunter

10,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

pompoennetje

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:04 am
Morgandria
Dianda Panda

Well, cats and dogs and other animals are said to be more aware of the spiritual world than we are on a regular basis - cats especially, since they already walk between worlds. For some of them intensifying the concentration of spiritual energy isn't comfortable or welcome. Others are quite happy and will bask in it. They're just like people - it all comes down to personality.

I can't pull out a pendulum in this house - it's less a divinatory tool and more a cat summoning device, and they'll try to play with it. If your cat likes tarot, try placing your deck spread out and face down, and turn over the cards your cat chooses to walk on or play with. They may be trying to help.

I have the same "problem" with my pendulum. Haha.

Thank you for the tip. Going to try that! 3nodding

Moonlite__Syren
and i think i probably would have went as far as fashioning together a collar for ritual purposes only and maybe having just an amathyst on it. have it blessed. that way it protects the pet from whatever youve invoked, and/ or depending on the rituals you do. .

That's a pretty good idea. I think crystals work just as fine on animals as they do with humans.

My cats aren't used to collars, so I won't even try. But so now and then I hide a crystal underneath their favorite sleeping spot if I think they need a little bit of extra help with things. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:30 am
Moonlite__Syren
funny enough, he was a weimeraner. didnt look like a wolf at all. some hungarian lady gave him to us and she said it was because he was more of an alpha male in comparison to his brother GG. which was short for gray ghost. weimeraner is german for gray ghost. smile

This would do it. But there are also some breeds that are protective too.  

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games