View Results

Kitsune Ametheyst Destiny

Desirable Sex Symbol

9,675 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Befriended 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:40 pm
Recently, I've been too afraid to color my own artwork...Not just because I feel like my art isn't good enough (anatomy-wise or not), but last summer my mom bought me those expensive Copic Sketch Markers and I haven't used them...I want to color with those markers but I'm afraid that if I made ONE mistake, it'll ruin the entire picture...

I tried comparing them by scanning them on the computer but that didn't sooth my anxiety one bit...

Here is my DeviantArt(if you're interested):http://kitsuneadestiny.deviantart.com/

Is that weird?  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:46 pm
i've drawn stuff that i liked the best only penciled in, or penciled and inked. it's normal
i like your art~
art trade sometime? ou o  

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500

Desirable Sex Symbol

9,675 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Befriended 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:01 pm
Kitalpha Hart
i've drawn stuff that i liked the best only penciled in, or penciled and inked. it's normal
i like your art~
art trade sometime? ou o

Art trade?  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:58 pm
Kitalpha Hart
i like your art~
art trade sometime? ou o

Art trade?
i do art of you, you do art of me. Instead of using money, we use art as payment. Also a good way to get publicity in the shops on here, especially if you make one ou o  

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500

SilentFantasies

Invisible Entrepreneur

6,900 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:38 pm
I suggest copying your picture through either scanner or by tracing over it to practice with them. That's what I do with new mediums. I always ink a separate copy than my original so I always have 2-3 copies of whatever I was working on. If you have one of those light tables, they're super helpful, or a window.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:57 pm
No, that's not weird. I do the same thing. I'm working really hard on getting over it, though, and it's kind of working. I've started doing watercolors which is a great way to get over that fear, because they kinda do their own thing, so you have to get past the "OH NO" bit in order to stay sane.
I would suggest that you do some simple, quick drawings to practice coloring before you "ruin" anything you've spent a long time on. But just remember that you can always learn from your mistakes. And the best art is daring, so take a chance. biggrin  

Ittarius

Noble Traveler

Isis Sister Of Osiris

Lonely Girl

15,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cash Grabber 500
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:18 pm
SilentFantasies
I suggest copying your picture through either scanner or by tracing over it to practice with them. That's what I do with new mediums. I always ink a separate copy than my original so I always have 2-3 copies of whatever I was working on. If you have one of those light tables, they're super helpful, or a window.

THIS. I doodle a lot on scraps of paper and end up losing originals everywhere. Now I scan and save everything, and what needs working on, I use tracing paper.

I'd love to have a light table some day. Or maybe I could cobble together a lightbox.... I'm handy with tools... *mental gears whirring*  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:40 pm
Not at all!

There have been times where I'll draw a picture (although, I know that I'm not the most amazing artist) in which I see a great improvement in my artwork and am so afraid I'll mess it up if I add color. Although, I got over that since I'm better at choosing colors and coloring in the end than the actually drawing itself most of the time xD

All in all - no, it's not weird. I see that as perfectly normal.  

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500

SilentFantasies

Invisible Entrepreneur

6,900 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:34 pm
La Belle Gigi
SilentFantasies

THIS. I doodle a lot on scraps of paper and end up losing originals everywhere. Now I scan and save everything, and what needs working on, I use tracing paper.

I'd love to have a light table some day. Or maybe I could cobble together a lightbox.... I'm handy with tools... *mental gears whirring*

http://www.instructables.com/id/Under-30-Light-Table/?ALLSTEPS

I had one about 15 years ago lol but I found this link awhile back ago, seems easy enough!  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:51 pm
Not weird @ all  

A_Drawn_Angel

Anxious Phantom

8,300 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Married 100

Isis Sister Of Osiris

Lonely Girl

15,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cash Grabber 500
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:20 pm
SilentFantasies
La Belle Gigi
SilentFantasies

THIS. I doodle a lot on scraps of paper and end up losing originals everywhere. Now I scan and save everything, and what needs working on, I use tracing paper.h

I had one about 15 years ago lol but I found this link awhile back ago, seems easy enough!

*glass-shattering SQUEEEE! Of DOOM*

Thanks! I can totally do this!  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:18 pm
La Belle Gigi
SilentFantasies
La Belle Gigi
SilentFantasies

THIS. I doodle a lot on scraps of paper and end up losing originals everywhere. Now I scan and save everything, and what needs working on, I use tracing paper.h

*glass-shattering SQUEEEE! Of DOOM*

Thanks! I can totally do this!

Not a prob! anytime 3nodding good luck!  

SilentFantasies

Invisible Entrepreneur

6,900 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150
It's A Girl Thing!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff