Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

<3
  no
View Results

LeRaven

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:40 am
SO usually my mom retouches up my hair (my roots are red and the rest is black so of course the red fades pretty fast) and its getting icky looking but

my mom is off in arizona for another month or so

and I've never done my hair by myself.
IT SEEMS HARD.

any tips / recommendations?
Still use normal dye or is a foam easier for a 1 person job?  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:45 am
i dye my hair myself and use a regular dye, but i usually just dye my whole head. it should be pretty simple, maybe put vaseline around your hairline or something if you're afraid of drips and a mirror to make sure you got everything lool
i haven't heard much about foam dyes tho :<  

Alexaandraa

Felin Greenleaf

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:04 am
I did it myself a few times, but it was really nothing more complicated than bleaching everything and then doing pink tips.

In that situation I'd honestly be lazy and just dye everything.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:48 am
Have a friend do it for you. If you have long hair past your shoulders, it's ******** hard as hell if you haven't done it before and you'll make a massive mess.

Everytime I ever dyed my hair myself, I'd make a huge mess of the bathroom and even though I'd use the whole ******** bottle and it felt like every square inch of my head and hair was slatehred in stinky chemical goop, inevitably there'd be a spot on the back of my head that the dye completely missed.

Also it took ******** forever to do by myself because I had no idea what I was really doing so that by the time I was finished, the dye had already been on parts of my hair for over 20 miutes and those parts would burn and dry out if I left the dye on for an extra 20 minutes so it could dye the part I just finished.

I stopped dying my hair in 2007 because it was just too much hassle to bother with anymore.

Basically, it goes like this

Do it yourself - Least expensive, most amount of work.

Have a friend do it. Inexpensive, no work involved for you, but what if your friend sucks at it? Plus it's not exactly fun. Watch a movie or TV show together.

Salon - Hassle free. Most expensive. The person you're paying is a professional, so you're going to have to pay for that expertise.

Xiporah

Lass Kyon

Aged Sex Symbol

8,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:53 am
It's really not that hard, depending on what you're doing. I've dyed my hair so many times since I was a kid, though, so idk I might just think it's easy because I'm used to it.

If you're JUST doing your roots and the bottom color is black I wouldn't be worried about anything, really. Just make sure you got it on where you want it, and if some goes into the black it shouldn't make a difference. If you're redoing the black as well, just make sure you're not dying the part you want to be red. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A HAND MIRROR TO USE so that you can check what you're doing.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:32 am
I'm just touching up the red, the only thing is my natural hair color is coming through and its a light brown / lil bit of blond so if I miss any and it's not red it's going to look dumb as fuq.  

LeRaven

Suna-dono

Wheezing Smoker

6,950 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:37 pm
Use a large comb and section out your scalp with hair clips so that you don't miss anything. Common places to miss are your forehead and the hair on the side of your head next to your ears as well as the very back of the neck so make sure you go over that a couple times just to be sure. Otherwise, it isn't rocket science. Just know if you get it on anything it's a real b***h to get it out.

Sorry this reply is a little late, but this could be used a future reference I suppose. ^__^;  
Ladies

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games