Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Upcoming Event, Jan 27th

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Will you be participating or did you participate?
  Yes
  No
  Maybe
View Results

glasfuinneog

Friendly Shapeshifter

7,800 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:59 pm
I am posting this in multiple forums.

This is an experiment. The goal of this is to create a large group of people doing the same thing at the same time thus creating a large national if not global net of energy with a single purpose. If you are interested in joining the energy net you do not need to post, but it would be helpful to know how many people are joining.

Each person will need to focus on the same thing for a short amount of time. It should not be a draining activity since the idea is simply to connect and not to exchange power.

When: Midnight EST (USA) of the next full moon January 27th
Where: In a peaceful solitary (unless you are focusing with someone) location where you can think clearly about connection with others outside your own sphere.
What to Say/Think: Hello Strangers, Hello Friends, Hello World, Peace Begins, Merry Meet and Merry Part, May I play my part.
What to Focus on: The Moon
Why: An attempt to create a common goal among masses and have it be felt by those said masses.
How: There are several ways to achieve the connection, but it should be personal to each person. Meditation, chant, or ritual are some good places to start.
How Long: 5 minutes (if you are not capable of focusing that long shorter amounts of time is also helpful.)

If you feel a connection during this event please post it in this forum, I will gather all responses and post them for each participant to see. If you don't want your response shared simply say "Do Not Share" in the post and I will respect that.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:21 pm
It says "why" is "to create a common goal", but what is the common goal? neutral  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

glasfuinneog

Friendly Shapeshifter

7,800 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:13 am
Sanguina Cruenta
It says "why" is "to create a common goal", but what is the common goal? neutral

Connection to others. Since it is an experiment I thought I'd keep it a simple goal. No energy will be given or taken simply felt.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:57 pm
I don't really understand the exercise. What does the Moon have to do with connecting with others? Why do we need to form some sort of mystic magical connection? You can go out to public spaces and talk with people you don't know much easier. You can attend spiritual or religious services and connect to people in the physical and spiritual plane. You can join a chat room online and get connected that way. All of these things are easier to do and more practical, in my mind, than what you propose.

I won't be taking part. But then again I don't have any desire for random strangers touching me, whether that's on a physical, mental, or spiritual level.  

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:08 pm
Oh, OK. Doing a thing for the sake of doing it is fair enough I guess, but it doesn't appeal to me at all. At least in this case.

Morgandria
I don't have any desire for random strangers touching me, whether that's on a physical, mental, or spiritual level.

That's pretty much how I feel. I think it's a bit manky. I mean it'd be different with a group of people you knew and loved and trusted, but a bunch of strangers?

I think of it like attending an orgy, largely because I react to other people's spiritual energies the same way I would to their bodily fluids. Sure an orgy's nice when you know everyone and trust everyone and that, but even then it's not to everyone's taste. More importantly, with a group of strangers, you don't know what you're entering into, who might be dangerous, who might be diseased.

I mean these people might have the spiritual equivalent of crotch-rot.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:35 am
I'm all for having a "common goal", but don't think focusing on the moon isn't quite the right way to go about it. That doesn't actually accomplish anything - I mean if (in theory), this large group of people is raising a ton of energy, shouldn't it go to something that is actually useful? Or even somewhat more measurable?

Seems like a lot of potential going to waste, when it could be used to do some good instead.  

MidnightLetter
Vice Captain

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:24 pm
Question! If all the energy being raised is just kinda left there could someone that knows about that energy or even participating in help raising the energy use it for something without the others really knowing since they're just raising it to let it sit?  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:31 pm
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
Question! If all the energy being raised is just kinda left there could someone that knows about that energy or even participating in help raising the energy use it for something without the others really knowing since they're just raising it to let it sit?

I was wondering that myself! It's a good question. I mean isn't that what happens in some coven workings? The coven raises the energy, and the leader directs it? If the whole thing isn't particularly organised, if the energy is not going anywhere in particular, you'd think someone could hijack it for their own ends.  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

glasfuinneog

Friendly Shapeshifter

7,800 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:19 pm
Sorry it took so long to reply. For some reason it didn't tell me I had replies. The idea of the moon is because it's something that everyone sees at one point. There are ways to keep up your defenses and still allow energy to go through for the purpose listed. It's an experiment, I'm not trying to "chat" with people I'm just trying to see if there are others with my interests. I understand if you aren't interested in it. I simply extend an invitation to you. smile  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games