Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Witch Bottles

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xMoonlitShadowsx

Romantic Vampire

5,950 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:08 pm
Hello smile

I just read about witch bottles on this site : link

It sounds pretty interesting, and something I would like to do.

Does anyone have any different methods or ingredients they use in making witch bottles?

Also, which do you think would be better? Hidden in your home, or as far away as possible?

Another thing I saw for protecting your home is to place hematite around each outside corner of your house. Has anyone ever done this?  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:27 pm
I saw an amazing report on this years ago and had nearly forgotten about it until you brought this up. Some witches even a** their own urine to add to the jar. I believe the reasoning was it is like leaving your mark like animals on your territory. Personally I would bury in your yard near a garden or nice tree. Hiding it in the house to me is not as final and solid as the act of burying it. I do think it should be as close to the site of protection as possible.  

zabazor

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:36 pm
xMoonlitShadowsx
Hello smile

I just read about witch bottles on this site : link

It sounds pretty interesting, and something I would like to do.

Does anyone have any different methods or ingredients they use in making witch bottles?

Also, which do you think would be better? Hidden in your home, or as far away as possible?

Another thing I saw for protecting your home is to place hematite around each outside corner of your house. Has anyone ever done this?

Mine has urine, blood, hair, pins, rusty nails, black salt, war water, and broken glass in it, and is sealed with red cord and wax. It's buried close to my home's threshold, against the foundation. This is a fairly traditional way of doing one. It makes zero sense to me to put it far from the home, as its' meant to protect the home.

I don't do anything with hematite, since I'm allergic to it. It may be protective, but it's not really preventative - and that's the whole point of a witch bottle. It is a deterrent and a clear indication of the consequence of violating your home.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:29 pm
Interesting!

Thank you both! biggrin  

xMoonlitShadowsx

Romantic Vampire

5,950 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Anya in Furs

Desirable Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:41 pm
Oh! I've seen these before and i've been wanting to make a few! I know depending on the intent, each witch bottle contains different things.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:37 pm
This sounds like something I'd like to do as well.
The urine thing makes sense on a primal level, and it's actually sterile (obviously that changes if it comes in contact with anything that isn't)- but I'm not sure I'll be doing it. Apparently spit and red wine is a suitable replacement combination, I may do something like that instead.

Quote:
Sometimes sea water or earth are used instead. Other types of witch bottles may contain sand, stones, knotted threads, feathers, shells, herbs, flowers, salt, vinegar, oil, coins, or ashes. A similar magical device is the "lemon and pins" charm.

I found this page here that goes over two witch's bottles, the protection one everyone has been discussing so far, and one for luck.

This website here has a longer list of alternative ingredients, and has more witch's bottles! To be specific; "Bottles for Protection / Lovers / Money / Psychism / Pet Protection."  

dormant lime

Astounding Loiterer

12,200 Points
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Tycoon 200

iKillCaustic

Ruthless Hunter

18,040 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Nostalgic Scrapbooker 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:33 am
I have made my own witch's bottle. It contains either the urine, blood, or spit of each of the family members I live with as well as things like broken glass, rusted metal, nails, thorns, and a few other things. This sits near one of the foundations under our house. It's sealed with black ribbon and wax.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:43 am
iKillCaustic--uKillMe
I have made my own witch's bottle. It contains either the urine, blood, or spit of each of the family members I live with as well as things like broken glass, rusted metal, nails, thorns, and a few other things. This sits near one of the foundations under our house. It's sealed with black ribbon and wax.

How'd you manage to get samples from everyone? Are they of similar faith or are they just open minded?
My boyfriend would probably do it, not so sure about anyone else I know that I'd be living with. :/  

dormant lime

Astounding Loiterer

12,200 Points
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Tycoon 200

iKillCaustic

Ruthless Hunter

18,040 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:51 am
Rosalind Hawk
iKillCaustic--uKillMe

How'd you manage to get samples from everyone? Are they of similar faith or are they just open minded?
My boyfriend would probably do it, not so sure about anyone else I know that I'd be living with. :/

I'd like to think they're all open minded, but that's not the case. Mum's an open minded Catholic, my brother's usually pretty open minded, and dad thinks it's all 'just a phase' and treats it like one big joke...so he goes along with it to humour me.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:09 pm
iKillCaustic--uKillMe
Rosalind Hawk
iKillCaustic--uKillMe

I'd like to think they're all open minded, but that's not the case. Mum's an open minded Catholic, my brother's usually pretty open minded, and dad thinks it's all 'just a phase' and treats it like one big joke...so he goes along with it to humour me.

My dad's always been like that too with me. Even if he doesn't think it's a phase, he still tends to pick on me about things like that- so I keep my spiritual pursuits to myself these days.
At least your mom and brother are a bit more understanding.  

dormant lime

Astounding Loiterer

12,200 Points
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Tycoon 200

iKillCaustic

Ruthless Hunter

18,040 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:24 am
Rosalind Hawk
iKillCaustic--uKillMe

My dad's always been like that too with me. Even if he doesn't think it's a phase, he still tends to pick on me about things like that- so I keep my spiritual pursuits to myself these days.
At least your mom and brother are a bit more understanding.

My dad's just a grumpy old man. He's been getting worse over the years. Going off at everyone for random little things. Eh...we tend to ignore him at times now.  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games