Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
North Carolina Ban on Gay Marriage

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sifen Yamishi

Fashionable Vampire

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 8:29 pm
http://www.lgbtqnation.com/2012/05/n-c-voters-approve-constitutional-ban-on-same-sex-marriage/

Words cannot describe my rage/disgust over this.  
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 8:41 pm
-.- im so happy i don't live there and i know for a fact that they some how pushed this so that the people whom held it at bay couldn't veto it. discusting  

lilla muchi

Beloved Shapeshifter

7,250 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Friendly 100

The Bodacious Soul Reaper

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 8:44 pm
I have to agree with you, I didn't even finish reading it. I love how the United States says everyone will be treated equally, when mainly they were talking about african americans, simply settling that issue. As there are many people who do not accept gays, as well as many other people.

Edit: Something I hate as well, is in the few states where gays can get married, if you move to another state which they do not accept gays, they do not accept your marriage along with it. Such a wonderful world we live in don't you agree? I am being sarcastic obviously.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 9:13 pm
I'm happy I live in Cali I think we're the first country to legalize gay marriage but I didn't want to read that whole passage...  

Skinny Legend

Lonely Abductee

9,750 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Junior 100

Taeryyn
Captain

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 5:19 am
Gaga_Happily Emo_Gaga
I'm happy I live in Cali I think we're the first country to legalize gay marriage but I didn't want to read that whole passage...

California is not a country. sweatdrop Several actual countries have already legalized same-sex marriage.  
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 11:05 am
Gaga_Happily Emo_Gaga

I live in California as well. However, Same sex marriage is NOT legal here. Civil unions are.

Beetlejuice

Poltergeist Loiterer

Stars Flying

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 4:21 pm
Heard about this on Facebook yesterday from a liberal friend of mine. It's atrocious. Gay marriage might not be legal in my state, but at least we're not this bad.  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games