Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
I can't talk to girls anymore?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

bigfoot found footage

Manly Girl

8,650 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Clambake 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 4:38 pm
Ever since I came to terms with my sexuality, I just get so flustered around girls and turn into such a stammering mess that I can't talk to any girl that I'm even remotely interested in. I can talk to guys just fine now, but around girls I get so shy...any advice?  
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 4:50 pm
I'm similar, except I can't talk to anyone. I suppose the first thing would to be able to not focus on them and speak as if they weren't there. A simple hello or something, then to become friends. Things are easier if you're friends.  

SilentVex

Married Hellraiser

11,725 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Champion Cardholder 100
  • Married 100

lgtenos
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 5:04 pm
You're thinking too much. Stop seeing them as potential relationships and view them simply as friends. Remember that the best relationships (whether platonic or romantic) stem from solid friendships. Progressively build up your friendships with these girls and let the rest fall into place. In regards to your shyness, don't worry about it. It goes away the more you become accustomed to your own, personalized LGBT lifestyle.  
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 5:06 pm
Oh, you guys are right, I do think too much. I should probably work on making more friends, too. Thank you for the advice! 4laugh  

bigfoot found footage

Manly Girl

8,650 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Clambake 200
  • Invisibility 100

SilentVex

Married Hellraiser

11,725 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Champion Cardholder 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 6:09 pm
Now if only I could follow the same advice I've given. ><  
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 6:28 pm
~ for me I just go for it and try to talk to them. If I like them then I get weird. If not then I try to get to know them before anything happens~

Clover_like_goodness

Sugary Kitten

15,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150

ForeverDreamWithinADream

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 7:05 pm
I don't know. I always feel more uncomfortable and awkward around other girls.  
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 7:56 pm
Hmm, I find it easy to talk to anyone as long as they aren't super intimidating or half naked biggrin
but other days when I feel ugly... I kill anyone who talks to me.. burning_eyes  

Latent Memories

Shy Receiver

8,100 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

demon strait outta_hell

Fluffy Prophet

10,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Married 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 6:32 am
fellyjish
Ever since I came to terms with my sexuality, I just get so flustered around girls and turn into such a stammering mess that I can't talk to any girl that I'm even remotely interested in. I can talk to guys just fine now, but around girls I get so shy...any advice?

Aww... I used to have this problem...
But im so damn friendly it stopped being a problem real quick.

So my advice is: Just ignore nthat shy feeling in your stomach and tell it to go to hell. Just smile and say "Hello!" wave, be nice and friendly...

just done invade bubble space... it creeps people out! ^.,^  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff