Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
You don't need a boyfriend/girlfriend.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lgtenos
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:54 am
As the title implies, you don't need a boyfriend/girlfriend to be happy. I'm seeing all of these posts on other sites from younger people complaining that their lives would be soooo much better if they had a special someone. One of them even posted that they wanted to know what a**l sex feels like... Are you kidding me? I'm 23 years old; I'm not a guru in the game of love, but I do have plenty of experience. While I still have A LOT to learn (who doesn't?), I can tell you that complaining about it will just make matters worse.

Basically, calm your tits - you will not be single forever (unless you never take a chance in the future). Don't rush it. You will have a plethora of boyfriends/girlfriends in your lifetime, all leading up to your true love, who will come when conditions are right. Focus on yourself; do good in school, pick up a hobby, plan a beach outing with friends, get a job for all I care. Just don't complain how crappy your life is because, dudes and honeys, you ain't seen s**t yet.

Being homeless? THAT'S crappy. Being in debt? THAT'S crappy. Learning that your grandparent passed away? THAT'S crappy. Whining about your lack of romantic relationships? THAT's sad. Kick back, relax, enjoy your youth, and, above all...

Love yourself!  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:12 am
yes yes yes yes yes yes yes being single is not the worst thing in the world and tends to only last a little while unless you just stay inside all the time and make a point to not meet new people  

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

Lady Kayura

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:35 am
This reminds me of something a friend posted on FB. "If you aren't happy single, you won't be happy taken. Happiness comes from within, not from [wo]men."

What drives me nuts is when someone's in a few relationships that obviously don't last and they proclaim that they're giving up dating forever and will never find love. Because we all know that once you're older than 16 life is over and there's no hope for love EVAR. rolleyes

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:52 am
Lady Kayura
This reminds me of something a friend posted on FB. "If you aren't happy single, you won't be happy taken. Happiness comes from within, not from [wo]men."

What drives me nuts is when someone's in a few relationships that obviously don't last and they proclaim that they're giving up dating forever and will never find love. Because we all know that once you're older than 16 life is over and there's no hope for love EVAR. rolleyes

Oh gods, I have a friend just like this. I swear I've talked him out of a dating depression a good ten times now. He's a great friend, and he's been there for me when fit hits the shan, but I'm just about at my wits end with that attitude.  

sandrock_buck

Versatile Raider

6,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150

The Bodacious Soul Reaper

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:52 am
I agree! I feel like nowadays when someone is between the ages of 14-21(+) they feel like they have to have a girl/boyfriend! There's nothing wrong with being single! I've been single for.. I think 4 months now, and I'm fine! I actually don't want a relationship right now! My school has been busy lately, and so has my schedule. Not to say a relationship would distract from that, but I have things to focus on for my future.
: )

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:53 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I was an angry loner before it was cool.

Sometimes I feel like punching high schoolers in the throat when they b***h & whine about being single. I don't see the point in anyone under 16 dating, anyway.

Centipedes In Utero

Shameless Streaker

10,900 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Visual Brian

6,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:55 am
This is very true (:  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:50 pm
I stopped dating in 7th grade, don't plan to until I'm a Senior, or I graduate. My friends think I'm crazy, but there just isn't a point to it at my age. I wish my friends saw it the same way I do, I've had to talk almost all my friends out of a break up depression at least once.  

Werblergerble

2,450 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

Impy Kun

Dapper Lunatic

7,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:26 pm
I agree completely.

I remember when my sister's friends would come over, crying over the fact that they'd broken up with some boy after dating him for only a week, and that she was so upset because she loved him so much. This was in high school, and I was never sure if I should try to be supportive, or stare at them like, '...seriously?'

I can't really say that I've ever been through breakup depression. I've only ever had one boyfriend, and I was rather happy when we broke up, because it was obvious that we just weren't for each other. I haven't bothered much with dating since then, but that's more because I haven't really thought much about it either. I have better things to do than go out purposely looking for the 'perfect guy.' Between school and hanging out, it just doesn't really come to mind. I figure that it'll happen when it happens.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:11 pm
Jonstalker62
Oh gods, I have a friend just like this. I swear I've talked him out of a dating depression a good ten times now. He's a great friend, and he's been there for me when fit hits the shan, but I'm just about at my wits end with that attitude.

I have a friend that's done it after a big breakup. He was 21ish or so. Now he's dating another girl after having given it up forever. You should share that quote with your friend. It may help his mentality some.

Lady Kayura

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300

PeachPunk

Liberal Loiterer

10,550 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:44 pm
lgtenos, THANKS SO MUCH for making this thread. I've needed someone to tell me this for a while. It's just sometimes I get mad at myself for not putting myself out there. I'm 16 and I have never been in a legitimate relationship. I've had crushes before, but I've never taken it any further than there, because in some cases, they were straight girls, in others, they were womanizing guys, or, in by far one of the worst cases, they were my teachers(!) [Well, actually just one case that I can recall].
But I dunno. It's complicated. Sometimes I feel pathetic for never having had a date. Should I? I feel like I shouldn't. I'm conflicted.
I'm just ranting here. All in all, I agree with you Igtenos. Before I have a boyfriend/girlfriend, I want to get a job and my learner's permit. Also, I kind of need to improve my social skills with my friends before I can start dating.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:10 am
Finally, I've had so many goddamn friends who state a load of trash such as "I really need a girlfriend/boyfriend, I feel so lonely." ...and these are from 13-15 years old - around my age pretty much (14). xd Bro, I'm single, and I'm LOVING IT. I really don't comprehend people like that...most come out from teenagers. Relationships are meant to be taken pretty seriously if you're gonna commit yourself in one, I don't think teenagers really understand that part. Actually, being in a relationship is a pain in the a**. First of all, most lovers won't even allow you to have free-time without them, and that's REALLY annoying. stare

You rarely get any space when you're in a relationship. And sirry, I don't see what's so shameful about being single. (lol I have alot of things on my mind right now, I forgot most of what I was going to say, s**t.) But overall, I think, you should enjoy your life as a kid. Have friends, laugh, have fun, get good grades too, blahblahblah. But teenagers..they just wanna take things to the next level, and always desperate for love. I'm telling you, if they keep searching with desperation like that, they'll NEVER find someone worth it. Personally, I don't believe in love, 'cause for me, it's a pure thing - NO ONE in this world is pure.

My friend is my age, and she always comes up to me about how all the people she dates breaks her heart...and that's because she's just jumping relationships. Most of these people don't proceed in they're life with caution, in most of their heads, it's just "Oh I have a girlfriend/boyfriend now! I'm not single anymore! Yayyy! Now I can get to tell my friends about the "love" of my life!" rofl ...People like this, one day, they'll end up back in the same spot again, being a "loner", because they've been through so many heart-breaking relationships, and no longer want to commit in one because "it's not worth it and I will never find true love." - my answer for them is..You'll never find it simply because you haven't chose your paths wisely, and like to jump from another relationship to another..HEY, IT DOESN'T WORK THAT WAY. stressed

Alright, I'm done talking.

P.S. This can relate to adults aswell, not just teenagers, I just stated them mostly simply because they relate to what you said.  

Pompette

Pompette

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:17 am
Centipedes In Utero
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I was an angry loner before it was cool.

Sometimes I feel like punching high schoolers in the throat when they b***h & whine about being single. I don't see the point in anyone under 16 dating, anyway.

No ma'am, you were a angry loner until you took an arrow to the knee.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:27 pm
iShotElmo8D

No ma'am, you were a angry loner until you took an arrow to the knee.

User Image  

Centipedes In Utero

Shameless Streaker

10,900 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers