Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Pagan Calendars

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:52 pm
I know some pagans like to get pagan calendars because they include important information or holidays some pagans celebrate.

Do you have a special pagan calendar this year? Is it specific for your path or is it more generic? What things would you want to see on a pagan calendar?  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:23 pm
For Christmas this year my mom bought me the witches day planner. The information in the book covers spells and worship. It is geared towards ENP witchcraft but I have noticed that there is room for other practices.

On a Pagan Calender I guess I would want holidays and lore, tidbits of trivia, random facts, tips on practices and the like. I think the calendars should be unique to the Pagan tradition they represent.  

Loona Wynd

Diligent Student

10,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:42 pm
I have to make my own calendar since my path specific festivals vary depending on the area. Anything outside of my path that I would celebrate is already marked on a regular calendar.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:27 am
The first I'd ever seen of a Pagan calendar was the one hanging in my aunt's study when I visited her in America at the end of 2010. I then set out to find one just like it (mainly because I adored the artworks). I did manage to find one at the Texas Renaissence Festival. It was a Llewellyn. I didn't really think it was all that bad until I read some of the articles inside it...they were...kinda contradictory in some cases...almost fluffy in other cases... sweatdrop
This year I have a calendar diary made specifically for where I live (Victoria, Australia) and it mainly talks about the moon phases and transitions. The good thing is I don't have to convert the time anymore like I did with the Llewellyn calendar.  

iKillCaustic

Ruthless Hunter

18,040 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Nostalgic Scrapbooker 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100

kyndryana3

10,550 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:33 am
I don't have a Pagan calendar per say, though I use a virtual calendar online which is customizable, so I can add events to recur at certain times (every year, every second Tuesday of the month). It has basic moon phases and I added the Sabbats and a few other celebration days that I observe.

Last year, I made a perpetual calendar, its a wheel based one, so it has sliding wheels for different things (phase of moon, zodiac sign, Sabbat, full moon name). I was somewhat pleased with how it came out, although being just made of paper it is harder to adjust than I would like.

I like the idea of a book of days: where for every day of the year, you get a little tidbit, especially if it were tied into a festival that was held on (or near) that day. The only ones I have seen like this were pretty bad though. They were very basic, and might list a ceremony or festival for the day, but wouldn't actually tell you anything about it.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:56 am
I'd love a Pagan calendar but it seems I'm having to make one myself.
I think it'll be nicer that way, though. Much more room for me to personalize it.

For mine, I'm adding moon phases, Esbats, Sabbats. I'm wanting to add more information-wise but it's a slow project. Gearing for a 2013 release! lol  

mominchat

mominchat

Tipsy Vampire

10,300 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Battle: Defender 100
  • Tipsy 100

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:35 pm
That sounds pretty cool, stalker! If nothing else, it'll mean you'll learn a lot setting it up. biggrin

iKill, where did you get your calendar? I have a lot of trouble finding SH stuff I like.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:34 am
Sanguina Cruenta
iKill, where did you get your calendar? I have a lot of trouble finding SH stuff I like.

The calendar or the calendar diary?
The calendar I got at the Texas Renaissence Festival a couple of years back, the other I got from my favourite pagan store - it's called the Moon Diary and you can order them online here.  

iKillCaustic

Ruthless Hunter

18,040 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Nostalgic Scrapbooker 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Moonlite__Syren

Cunning Hunter

10,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:59 pm
i use to have a pagan calender. i got it mainly due to the detailed artwork. i cant for the life of me remember the artist. it had the holidays in it which i like. i wish i can find another one out here i can buy. it was pretty handy.  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games