Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kawai_Gibby-chan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:47 pm
Hiya~
Well... first off... I'm Kawai_Gibby-chan .... or Just Gibby :3

Well... im looking for a kitten~
I live with my brother, 13.. my sister, 11.. and my mother. I, myself, am 14..

Not sure which gender is better... female or male?

Obviously we'll have to make sure my future-baby is caught up on all his/her shots and is spayed/neutered...

But.. i'm not sure which would be best for my crazy lifestyle?

The poor thing will have to be home alone while I'm at school and my mom's at work, so ofcourse I won't be getting the kitty for a while, perhaps summer break so he/she has time to adapt before I go into my sophmore year in high school after the short months of winter break..

I no longer have a dog v.v had to give my Boy away before we moved Dx

Soo... what do you guys-n-gals have to say on the gender situation? Does it really matter? :/

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:17 pm
1. where do you live? I have 6 kittens in adoption at my clinic right now.

2.Gender depends a lot more on YOUR personality. I prefer males, they're just more chill and affectionate. Obviously it varies on the individual animal.

Check PetFinder.com to see cats near you that need a home.

You being away a lot is not a BIG issue. Obviously the cat needs attention, I'd say at least an hour each day of attention, plus feeding, plus a litter scoop each day and a full clean once a week or so (im lazy and use litter liners so I scoop whenever I notice a poop and when the litter starts to get nasty I just toss the bag and put a new one)

But cats are very independent unlike dogs. They will entertain themselves with toys while your gone. And be happy to snuggle up once you get home. In fact, getting use to the house might even be easier with you gone because it's more quiet. Especially if you do get one from a rescue as it will be happy for whatever attention you have time for.

The only thing I suggest, is to be sure you aren't going to be moving or that if you do, you can take the cat. Because cats live even longer than dogs. 15-20yrs. It's a big commitment, chances are you will all move out and the cat will only be 10yrs old. So make sure to discuss whether the cat stays home with mom, or if one of you plans on taking him. It just wouldn't be fair to say, have him 10yrs and then suddenly give him to a complete stranger.  

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

Kawai_Gibby-chan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:23 pm
Ah-ha... i agree with you completely.

And im in the new york city area (Middlesex county, NJ actually but NYC isnt far from where i am)

so, based on what you told me..i think I'll be better off with a male cat~

Thank you so much for your tips and advice~!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:07 pm
Kawai_Gibby-chan

And im in the new york city area (Middlesex county, NJ actually but NYC isnt far from where i am)

oohh yes, please do check pet petfinder there will be thousands and thousands of cats and kittens that need good homes, or face death! Adopting is the bestest way to go wink  

Cowgirl-with-heart

Friendly Nerd

5,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Kawai_Gibby-chan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:21 pm
Cowgirl-with-heart
Kawai_Gibby-chan

oohh yes, please do check pet petfinder there will be thousands and thousands of cats and kittens that need good homes, or face death! Adopting is the bestest way to go wink

Will do~ thank you~  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:23 pm
Kawai_Gibby-chan
Cowgirl-with-heart
Kawai_Gibby-chan

Will do~ thank you~
you're welcome 3nodding  

Cowgirl-with-heart

Friendly Nerd

5,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash