Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

View Results

Tigga Hiccups

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:14 am
with this?

I got my period a week early and now I'm approaching my week of non-active pills, should I just skip that week and start a new pack? I'm pretty sure that's what I'm gonna do unless someone tells me that's a horrible idea. I would call my doctor but I can't even remember what the name of my gyno's office is haha.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:27 am
No. You take it as directed.  

paper giraffes

Liquid Sunshine_XO

7,650 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hive Mind 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:07 am
I'm not gonna lie, even though this might make me look kind of... not bad but maybe careless; I have no idea when my period is. I get it when I get it, I only know vaguely what part of the month I get it (normally near the beginning) and pay little attention to how many days it lasts and none to how many days are in between. I just take my pills consistently regardless of what my period is doing and I've been fine. Of course I doubt we have the same brand, but I dunno. I'm sure you'll be fine.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:49 pm
Yeah, you're supposed to just take them in the same order regardless of what's going on downstairs.

also@liquidsunshine: LOL WHO EVEN DOES THAT. I'm like, o i'm having a period for a few days near the middle endish of the monthish i guess maybe  

unfathomable

Xiporah

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:29 pm
I never keep track of mine either. When I start getting bitchy and my s**t starts aching, I expect it. I get one every month though.

But yes. Tig, take it as directed. Don't deviate from your week off.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:53 pm
Take them like you're supposed to. You still need the week off.  

Undecidability

Shirtless Fairy

9,075 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Lass Kyon

Aged Sex Symbol

8,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:26 pm
Planned parenthood has a nurse hotline that answers basic questions, I would ask them when possible if you should look into changing your method of birth control because of this.
It's my understanding that if your period is coming while you're on the medication and not the placebos, you may need a different dose or something.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:32 am
Lass Kyon
Planned parenthood has a nurse hotline that answers basic questions, I would ask them when possible if you should look into changing your method of birth control because of this.
It's my understanding that if your period is coming while you're on the medication and not the placebos, you may need a different dose or something.
It came because I forgot a pill. It's kind of awesome, every time I miss a pill I just get my period instead of getting pregnant.  

Tigga Hiccups

Lass Kyon

Aged Sex Symbol

8,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:10 pm
Tigga Hiccups
Lass Kyon
It came because I forgot a pill. It's kind of awesome, every time I miss a pill I just get my period instead of getting pregnant.

Oh I see, lol. For me it took a few placebos to start my period.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:27 pm
Well, no. You are getting a period because your body is trying to ovulate. Don't trust that for birth control, simply because you get a period. But yes, take as directed. I do believe most birth control pills indicate to take it later in the day if you forget it, and then take the next dose at regular time. So next time if you remember later, just take it then.  

Arianah

Ladies

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff