Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

paper giraffes

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:39 pm
User Image  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:42 pm
Is there anyway to find out if you have the infertile side effect?  

Xahmen

paper giraffes

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:50 pm
Xahmen
Is there anyway to find out if you have the infertile side effect?

A lot of women that have it are infertile until they get the growth removed as far as I know

BUT doctors only go to remove it if you've tried to get pregnant and failed.

Mine is only on my right ovary/fallopian tube right now but I have to get an exam done every 6 months to make sure it doesn't get worse.

Thankfully the BC my gyno put me on is meant for women with Endometriosis (she put me on it before she knew just as a precaution). Until I decide to have children (which I never will), it's just managed with hormones and painkillers unless it gets worse.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:54 pm
I'm sorry =[
Have you considered pulling your uterus out?  

Xahmen

paper giraffes

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:56 pm
Xahmen
I'm sorry =[
Have you considered pulling your uterus out?

I wish but they won't do that. ;<  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:27 pm
Sorry you have to deal with this. sad  

Lass Kyon

Aged Sex Symbol

8,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Mark Twain 100

Xiporah

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:30 pm
I'm sorry. sad My mom had endometriosis, but since she was in her late 40's they had no problem cutting her s**t out. I know how painful your periods must be now.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:38 pm
They are so bad. My gyno is working with me with BC and stuff to limit my periods. I'm on a continuous dose of BC, with no stop for a cycle UNLESS my body wants to have one.

I've had one period since I started it and the pain was a million times better (it still hurt a lot BUT I COULD WALK AND DO STUFF IT WAS MAGICAL) and I almost cried because I was so happy. Once the BC take it's full effects, which'll be a few months to a year still, I'll HOPEFULLY have no periods which equals no pain.  

paper giraffes

noramine

3,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:06 pm
I used to get sick from my periods so I just stopped having them. I don't ever take the week off of BC. I'm sorry that you have to have such a painful thing. I don't understand why if it's a growth they wouldn't cut it out by default, instead of waiting till "you failed a pregnancy." That's got to be hell on someone's mind and body.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:39 pm
Well, part of it is that the surgery is VERY invasive, and plus, if they get rid of it because it is causing a failed pregnancy and then get pregnant and have the kid etc etc etc, the chance of it NOT coming back is greatly improved.

Where as, if they just removed it from me, it could possibly come back.

Basically, if you don't try and get pregnant, they won't really remove it unless you're super pushy and want it really bad, OR they get too big and have a chance of rupturing or actually rupture. My biggest one is about 1cm in diameter so they aren't worrying about it too much at the moment.

It really was hell, but the BC is helping me a lot so it better.  

paper giraffes

skulI rabbit

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:31 pm
Oh man, I'm sorry. At least you're doing better with your bc. Hopefully they don't get any worse.  
Ladies

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games