Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Pets and Animals Guild!

Back to Guilds

Tags: pets, animals, dogs, cats 

Reply Pets & Animals Main Forum
Holy Crap I never thought I'd see the day!!!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Animelover955

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:22 pm
OMG I just seriously can't believe it! I don't want to jinx it, but right now I just don't care!

Abby's fear of thunder has seemingly vanished! We've had storms for 2 days straight and I was so shocked yesterday when it started storming and she just laid there as calm as ever. She only lifted her head once at when it was a moderately loud clap of thunder. Them she preceded to come over to me and bug me for petting. Her tail was wagging and just all up in my face trying to get me to pet her(if I moved my had she'd stab her nose under it and force her head under my hand) .She didn't even shake once...

I am truly shocked by this as in the past I've made so many posts about her fears and to suddenly have it seemingly vanish is just unreal. I mean in the past she has had some serious panic attacks and nothing I ever did seemed to help. We even had tornado warnings today and she was fine from what I saw.

Now the real test are the fireworks. I'll probably break out the thunder shirt for that...

but yeah I'm super shocked by her sudden change in behavior towards T-storms  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:07 pm
Congrats! =D

Do you think it's because of the constant storming that it's gone? I know that one way of getting a dog to overcome its fears is to desensitize it with constant exposure until it just becomes pointless noise to them. Maybe that's what happened?

Well, however it happened, I hope it stays that way! Storm phobias suck.  

Eizoryu

Animelover955

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:52 pm
I truely have no idea. I personally never got around to really trying to attempting to desensitize (as in use of a recording played low and gradually increased) her to the noise. And whenever it stormed she was to much of a wreck to try and distract her during them. This is the first true storm(the others were light showers w/o thunder) we've had in a few months and the last storm we had she was a mess. So I'm truely stumped as to how she suddenly went from a nervous wreck on the verge of having a hearattack to perfectly fine with storms.  
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games