Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Literate Spam Guild

Back to Guilds

The original literate chatterbox. 

Tags: Literate, Spam, Lick, Suck, Gulp 

Reply Ladies
I feel like the only person that doesn't find sex essential Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ahoy!
  Indie?
View Results

Keito-san

Romantic Nerd

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:27 am
marzipancakes
To be fair, social norms and relational standards are just s**t people made up to feel better about themselves.
And yet too many people still focus solely on how others perceive them rather than how they perceive themselves because of social norms and relational standards. Without them, I think we could be a bit more honest with one another. I could understand that being said about religion and politics, but social norms are there because the human race developed them to separate us from animals. So, in essence, what's being said here by your logic is that we ******** because that's what we were made to do as animals, rather than what we evolved to do which was significantly greater.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:17 am
I think what everyone is saying is that it's okay that some people value sex more because it's an instinct. But at the same time, it's okay that some people prefer courting because that's what society tells us is more important.

It bothers me when people act like there's something wrong with having sex or caring more about sex than romance. There's such a stigma around sex in our society (especially with women but let's not get into that right now) even though there's no reason for it. (not saying that's what you're doing, I'm just ranting)

Undecidability

Shirtless Fairy

9,075 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Keito-san

Romantic Nerd

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:28 am
I'm not saying a relationship based is sex is a bad thing, but rather that I don't understand where the romance is in just ********.

Physicality doesn't reign over me, but when I want it -- yeah, of course it turns into a bit of a different ball game. Doesn't mean I go out hunting for someone to ******** to keep my "animal instincts" at bay. I'm very traditional in that I'd much rather make a connection with someone before saying, "having sex would be just dandy!"

Maybe it just would've been better if I'd lived, like, sixty years ago? XD

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:00 pm
LeRaven
breedney
roger and nicole relive their sex life
brit is storing the convos for later use ;D

redface  

breedney

O.G. Smoker

Streetlight Fights

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:14 pm
I don't think animal instinct really applies. I know it's not really known or proven, but I think that almost ALL animals have sex in order to reproduce. So even if you took that as a reason for why people seek sex, it would only apply to straight people.

I don't care if people focus on sex in a relationship, it's just not what I seek primarily. I feel like in the LSG, many people look down on that.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:10 pm
Keito-san
ITT: Animal instinct and reproduction takes precedence over social norms and relational standards. A good ******** matters more to some than the entire courting process. Cait does not understand this.

Social norms and relational standards change. Basic instinct, not so much.  

Lass Kyon

Aged Sex Symbol

8,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Mark Twain 100

Lass Kyon

Aged Sex Symbol

8,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:12 pm
Keito-san
marzipancakes
To be fair, social norms and relational standards are just s**t people made up to feel better about themselves.
And yet too many people still focus solely on how others perceive them rather than how they perceive themselves because of social norms and relational standards. Without them, I think we could be a bit more honest with one another. I could understand that being said about religion and politics, but social norms are there because the human race developed them to separate us from animals. So, in essence, what's being said here by your logic is that we ******** because that's what we were made to do as animals, rather than what we evolved to do which was significantly greater.

What? If we evolved past sex, there wouldn't be very many people in the future.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:15 pm
Streetlight Fights
I don't think animal instinct really applies. I know it's not really known or proven, but I think that almost ALL animals have sex in order to reproduce. So even if you took that as a reason for why people seek sex, it would only apply to straight people.

I don't care if people focus on sex in a relationship, it's just not what I seek primarily. I feel like in the LSG, many people look down on that.

The gay thing is a good point, but animals have gay relationships all the time. Sex isn't just for reproduction, as we are all well aware. But it is an instinct, and it is natural. It's natural to want and crave it, whether it's for reproduction or not. I think that saying sex is all about reproduction is religious propaganda, because gay sex and orgies have been around for centuries.  

Lass Kyon

Aged Sex Symbol

8,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Mark Twain 100

Keito-san

Romantic Nerd

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:34 pm
Lass Kyon
What? If we evolved past sex, there wouldn't be very many people in the future.
Not saying intelligence makes us ABOVE sex. I'm saying it separates us from animals when we restrain ourselves. It's not like we just divide, boom, people, like cells. What I see, personally, is that sex is less a means of communicating love or attraction and has evolved to become more a means of human social interaction. Like a handshake. Which I really can't get my head around. I don't see so many people getting to know each other before going at it like rabbits. Honestly, it saddens me. To see people who don't care as much as I do about sex makes me glad because that means there are more people who believe in what I do. So I'm not the only person who thinks like this.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:21 pm
Oh, well, I think sex is special, that's why I think it's important. xd  

Lass Kyon

Aged Sex Symbol

8,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Mark Twain 100

noramine

3,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200