Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
My boyfriend is leaving for the Army.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lgtenos
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:47 pm
Yup.

He's leaving for the Army in November. I wish there was something I could do to not let him go, but I know it'd be all for not. Nonetheless, I'm happy for him, since his family isn't that accepting of his sexuality (they don't even know he has a boyfriend [me]) and the benefits of after-serving will provide finances to move out. We agreed to maintain our relationship, but keep it on the down-low while he's in service. We'll keep in contact by sending letters, obviously.

*sigh*

It's going to be a rough road ahead, but I will remain strong. Plus, I still have the GGSA to provide entertainment (i.e. locking threads; loljk).

F***, I haven't cried so much in my entire life.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:53 pm
You better hope he ends up in a noncombat Job or something sweatdrop  

Shilberu Erikku

1,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200

lgtenos
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:12 pm
He isn't. He's going to work in Medical Services. Still, with the U.S. Army, you never know (hell, they f***ed me over when I was in the service).  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:05 pm
Aw.. I'm sorry that you're going to be apart, but happy for you that you're still together. Maybe you'll get lucky and he'll get posted somewhere halfway decent. I wish you both the best heart  

kittycross

Shameless Phantom

11,900 Points
  • Cheerleader 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

BSPBleach

Proxy Gaian

8,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:09 pm
lgtenos
Yup.

He's leaving for the Army in November. I wish there was something I could do to not let him go, but I know it'd be all for not. Nonetheless, I'm happy for him, since his family isn't that accepting of his sexuality (they don't even know he has a boyfriend [me]) and the benefits of after-serving will provide finances to move out. We agreed to maintain our relationship, but keep it on the down-low while he's in service. We'll keep in contact by sending letters, obviously.

*sigh*

It's going to be a rough road ahead, but I will remain strong. Plus, I still have the GGSA to provide entertainment (i.e. locking threads; loljk).

awwww I'm so sorry he's going! hopefully he'll get a decent assignment so he's safe heart I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya both!  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:05 am
*hugs*

no crying, igtenos-kun.  

RowenthaDark

Feline Avenger

17,050 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Married 100

Wear Sunscreen

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:32 am
I've actually considered joining the army lately.
As a Chaplain though, so noncombatant.

I want to be a super hero.
I'm mostly organized in community organizing.
but if I decided I wanted to be state senator or something, military experience would look nice.

Being the first Jewish chief of Chaplains would ROCK.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:00 am
sad That sounds really rough. Just keep looking on the bright side (I don't know what the pay is like with the US Army, but my friends here do pretty well for themselves in the Canadian Army).

I have nothing but respect for anyone who enlists, since it's not a job I think I would be able to do.

At least you can enjoy your time together until November, right?  

Taeryyn
Captain

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

TaoShaman

Mewling Vampire

7,650 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:26 am
I wish the best for you. My mom has been in the Marines my entire life and she really likes it and has never been deployed. Even though the two are really different, he should be okay.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:02 am
I wish the best for you both. It's going to be kind of rough by November, but just keep a positive attitude all the way. heart  

LillLazaru5

Dangerous Noob

7,750 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Member 100

PeachPunk

Liberal Loiterer

10,550 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:43 am
Weren't you the one who said you and your boyfriend broke up or something so that you wouldn't be too attached to each other while he was away? Hm, so you changed your minds? Whatever. That doesn't matter. Anyway, it's hard having someone in the army. A friend of mine from elementary school had a father who was in the army. I didn't see him around much, but as a result, my friend got kind of closer to her dad and she always got excited when he would come home. Not sure if he's currently enrolled right now though. I know if someone I deeply cared about were to go into the army right now, I would be devastated. I'll give your boyfriend my prayers and blessings. heart  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:13 am
lgtenos
Yup.

*sigh*

Maybe we'll have time for having margaritas and junk x-x Ill be in that boat with you. Mine decided he wants to do some 6+ years. It'll be 7 years before we actually see each other. 1 year Long Distance and 6 in the service. It hasn't been easy over the last year, And he hasnt even left yet. I have no doubts that you two will make it. Its going to be the feelings of loneliness that will get to you....well they get to me  

Mr Czachura

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff