Welcome to Gaia! ::

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duellists of Gaia

Back to Guilds

YDoG is an all TCG guild for all duellists. We also cover the entire Yu-Gi-Oh! games, shows, manga and RPG. 

Tags: Yugioh, Tournament, Duel, Trading Card Game, Anime 

Reply Deck Database
[Deck/ADV/Help] Luke Patterson's Granel Scraps

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shahal Rainrix

King Codger

14,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Alchemy Level 5 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:56 pm
Heres Luke Patterson’s Granel Scraps deck. I just found it by chance. His deck was 9-1 in Orlando. But there was a bit of a problem with the listed deck. They didn't have the extra deck up. So I wanted to here what you though he had in there aside from scrap dragon.

Would you also make any changes?

Monsters: 18
3 Reborn Tengu
3 Scrap Chimera
2 Scrap Beast
2 Scrap Goblin
1 Scrap Orthros
1 Scrap Golem
2 Effect Veiler
2 Meklord Emperor Granel
1 Sangan
1 Summoner Monk

Spells: 16
3 Scrapyard
3 Scrapstorm
2 Pot of Duality
2 Mystical Space Typhoon
1 Giant Trunade
1 Monster Reborn
1 Scapegoat
1 Mind Control
1 Dark Hole
1 Book of Moon

Traps: 8
1 Solemn Judgment
2 Solemn Warning
2 Fiendish Chain
2 Royal Decree
1 Call of the Haunted  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:44 pm
Shahal Rainrix
Heres Luke Patterson’s Granel Scraps deck. I just found it by chance. His deck was 9-1 in Orlando. But there was a bit of a problem with the listed deck. They didn't have the extra deck up. So I wanted to here what you though he had in there aside from scrap dragon.

3 Reborn Tengu
3 Scrap Chimera
2 Scrap Beast
2 Scrap Goblin
1 Scrap Orthros
1 Scrap Golem
2 Effect Veiler
2 Meklord Emperor Granel
1 Sangan
1 Summoner Monk

3 Scrapyard
3 Scrapstorm
2 Pot of Duality
2 Mystical Space Typhoon
1 Giant Trunade
1 Monster Reborn
1 Scapegoat
1 Mind Control
1 Dark Hole
1 Book of Moon

1 Solemn Judgment
2 Solemn Warning
2 Fiendish Chain
2 Royal Decree
1 Call of the Haunted

this may be just me but i'd scrap this deck....i've tried this deck and i'm wondering how it did so well lol  

Tsukinoki

Shahal Rainrix

King Codger

14,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Alchemy Level 5 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:03 am
Tsukinoki
Shahal Rainrix

3 Reborn Tengu
3 Scrap Chimera
2 Scrap Beast
2 Scrap Goblin
1 Scrap Orthros
1 Scrap Golem
2 Effect Veiler
2 Meklord Emperor Granel
1 Sangan
1 Summoner Monk

3 Scrapyard
3 Scrapstorm
2 Pot of Duality
2 Mystical Space Typhoon
1 Giant Trunade
1 Monster Reborn
1 Scapegoat
1 Mind Control
1 Dark Hole
1 Book of Moon

1 Solemn Judgment
2 Solemn Warning
2 Fiendish Chain
2 Royal Decree
1 Call of the Haunted

this may be just me but i'd scrap this deck....i've tried this deck and i'm wondering how it did so well lol

You do it like this...

Quote:
Patterson is able to make amazing moves with his Scrap Deck. In addition to the standard plays he makes to Summon Scrap Dragon, like using Scrap Chimera to revive Scrap Beast and Tuning the 2 monsters together, he’s able to expand beyond the typical Scrap move set to surprise opponents with incredible attacks.

Meklord Emperor Granel is one of Patterson’s key cards. It can only be Summoned when one of his monsters is destroyed, but with Scrap Dragon, Scrapstorm, and Scrap Goblin making the destruction of his monsters so easy, Summoning Granel is easy too. It’s made even easier by the fact that opponents will constantly be trying to destroy his monsters with Spell and Trap Cards like Dark Hole and Torrential Tribute.

Since Granel hits the field with ATK equal to half of his Life Points, Summoning it early on forces his opponent to contend with a monster that has as many as 4000 Attack Points. “He allows you to put pressure on real early. 4000 attack, he makes people rethink their game play,” Patterson told me. His opponents can’t use a strategy that works against a typical Scrap Deck – they need to take into account this added threat, too.

Granel even allows Patterson to OTK his opponents, with just Reborn Tengu, Scrap Beast, and Granel. He can Tune Reborn Tengu with Scrap Beast in order to Synchro Summon Scrap Dragon (2800 ATK) and another Tengu. Then, he can use Scrap Dragon’s effect to destroy the new Tengu along with one of his opponent’s cards. Not only will that allow him to Special Summon another Tengu (1700 ATK) from his Deck, but he’ll also be able to Special Summon Granel from his hand since his first Tengu was destroyed. The combined ATK of Tengu, Scrap Dragon, and a 4000 ATK Granel early on provides more than enough power to wipe out any opponent in one turn.

Meklord Emperor Granel is also extremely effective against the most popular Deck of the previous YCS, Six Samurais. Granel can steal an opponent’s Synchro monsters, and its ability to gain control of Legendary Six Samurai – Shi En can be game-breaking. By Setting Scrap Goblin against a field of Samurais, including Shi En, while he has Granel in his hand, Patterson can be confident that his Granel will make it onto the field.
Granel also has strong synergy with the 2 copies of Fiendish Chain that Patterson runs. “Not only is it a Veiler and a Spellbinding Circle in one, it’s also a Venus Fly Trap for Granel,” he told me. Patterson uses Fiendish Chain to trap a Synchro Monster on the field, where it’s unable to attack or use its effect, and then absorbs it with Granel as soon as he gets the chance.

Granel can do tons of other cool things, too. When Patterson uses Scrapstorm to destroy his Scrap Goblin or Scrap Beast and activate its effect, he can choose whether to make the Scrap effect Chain Link 1 and Granel’s effect Chain Link 2, or Granel’s effect Chain Link 1 and the Scrap effect Chain Link 2. By making Granel’s effect Chain Link 1, he can prevent an opponent from using Royal Oppression or Solemn Warning to negate its Summon. By making Granel’s effect that Summons it to the field Chain Link 2, Patterson is able to prevent his opponent from flipping Torrential Tribute to destroy it when it’s Summoned.

Patterson’s Deck is also capable of Synchro Summoning a wide variety of monsters. Since Granel is a Level 1 monster, Patterson can Tune it with Scrap Beast to Synchro Summon Naturia Beast when Patterson’s Life Points and Granel’s Attack Points are low. Patterson can also Tune the EARTH Sheep Tokens he Summons with Scapegoat with his Scrap Tuners to Summon any of the Naturia Synchro Monsters.

Patterson has also made the calculated decision of using Royal Decree in a Deck with 6 other Trap Cards. “It’s a Trap Stun that stays,” he told me. Patterson uses Royal Decree to negate his opponent’s Traps, and if the opponent doesn’t destroy it, it sticks around for Patterson to destroy with the effect of his Scrap Dragon. Frequently, Patterson won’t even want to destroy the Decree, since it enables his Deck to make aggressive plays with his high-powered monsters and dominate the Duel.

Patterson is also using the new Scrap Orthros in his Deck to return Scrap Chimera from his Graveyard to his hand. Patterson likes to use Scrap Chimera to Special Summon Scrap Goblin from his Graveyard, and then Special Summon Orthros to destroy the Goblin and add Scrap Chimera from his Graveyard to his hand thanks to the Goblin’s effect. Then he can Tune his on-field Chimera with Orthros to Synchro Summon Scrap Dragon, while holding another Scrap Chimera in reserve.

Patterson had a lot of success with his Scrap Deck this weekend, and the release of Granel, Orthros, and Tengu make Scraps more powerful than ever before. Soon, we’ll see if Luke Patterson is able to take his Deck the distance and earn the first place spot here in Orlando!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:24 pm
i see i see
well to answer your question for a extra deck im thinking its something like this...

Scrap Dragon X3
Scrap Twin Dragon X 2-3
Stardust
Blackrose X2
Chimeratech fortress (assuming its not sided)
Gaia force of the earth
Catastor/Magical Android
last 3-4 slots is up to you i guess

but i still say i like my build more lol
then again im most likely gonna go with this build when Wisel comes out not as strong as grannel but i like the negating more and the consistant attack points  

Tsukinoki

oucyan

Lavish Demigod

32,350 Points
  • Tax Evader 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:33 am
Tsukinoki
i see i see
well to answer your question for a extra deck im thinking its something like this...

Scrap Dragon X3
Scrap Twin Dragon X 2-3
Stardust
Blackrose X2
Gaia force of the earth
Catastor/Magical Android

then again im most likely gonna go with this build when Wisel comes out not as strong as grannel but i like the negating more and the consistant attack points

grannel has consistant attack. his attack is equal to half your life points when he is summoned. if your life decreases and he's already on the field, his attack stays the same.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:17 pm
Tsukinoki
i see i see

Scrap Dragon X3
Scrap Twin Dragon X 2-3
Stardust
Blackrose X2
Gaia force of the earth
Catastor/Magical Android

Thanks

Luke's deck was 9-1 in finals and it beat the decks that normally rape scrap. If your build is 9-1 or even 8-2 I'd like to see it. (Not sarcasm, I'd honestly like to see)

The winner of the event had a strange deck. But it still took home the gold. I don't think to many people would even try it. The thing dosen't seem to have much of a theme.

23 Monsters:
3 – Ryko Lightsworn Hunter
2 – Debris Dragon
2 – Lonefire Blossom
2 – Goblin Zombie
2 – Pyramid Turtle
2 – Spirit Reaper
1 – Zombie Master
1 – Mezuki
1 – Plaguespreader Zombie
1 – Spore
1 – Glow-Up Bulb
1 – Dandylion
1 – Tytannial Princess of Camellias
1 – Super Nimble Mega Hamster
1 – Card Trooper
1 – Chaos Sorcerer

12 Spells
2 – Mystical Space Typhoon
2 – Creature Swap
2 – Pot of Avarice
1 – Charge of the Light Brigade
1 – Monster Reborn
1 – Dark Hole
1 – Giant Trunade
1 – Book of Moon
1 – Nobleman of Extermination

7 Traps:
2 – Solemn Warning
1 – Solemn Judgment
1 – Mirror Force
1 – Seven Tools of the Bandit
1 – Torrential Tribute
1 – Call of the Haunted

15 Extra Deck:
2 – Trishula Dragon of the Ice Barrier
1 – Scrap Dragon
1 – Colossal Fighter
1 – Stardust Dragon
1 – Ally of Justice Catastor
1 – Brionac Dragon of the Ice Barrier
1 – Black Rose Dragon
1 – Naturia Beast
1 – Armory Arm
1 – Formula Synchron
1 – Magical Android
1 – Iron Chain Dragon
1 – Thought Ruler Archfiend
1 – Flamvell Uruquizas

15 Side Deck:
2 – Effect Veiler
2 – Cyber Dragon
2 – Puppet Plant
2 – Nobleman of Crossout
2 – Smashing Ground
2 – Dimensional Prison
1 – Mind Crush
1 – Transmigration of Prophecy
1 – Chimeratech Fortress Dragon  

Shahal Rainrix

King Codger

14,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Alchemy Level 5 100

Tsukinoki

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:34 pm
axean
Tsukinoki
i see i see

Scrap Dragon X3
Scrap Twin Dragon X 2-3
Stardust
Blackrose X2
Gaia force of the earth
Catastor/Magical Android

grannel has consistant attack. his attack is equal to half your life points when he is summoned. if your life decreases and he's already on the field, his attack stays the same.

no it decreases it doesnt say when its summoned just that it gains atk equal to half your LP

@ Rainrix lol i'm working on it, i need to work on some slight issues with consistency....  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:13 am
Tsukinoki
axean
Tsukinoki
i see i see

Scrap Dragon X3
Scrap Twin Dragon X 2-3
Stardust
Blackrose X2
Gaia force of the earth
Catastor/Magical Android

no it decreases it doesnt say when its summoned just that it gains atk equal to half your LP

@ Rainrix lol i'm working on it, i need to work on some slight issues with consistency....

that has the anime. it's worded so that it has attack equal to half your life points at the time of summon.

the key word is gains. if it just this this card's attack is equal to half your life points, then it would change. but because ti says this card gains attack equal to half your life points, it's a fixed amount.  

oucyan

Lavish Demigod

32,350 Points
  • Tax Evader 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100

Shahal Rainrix

King Codger

14,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Alchemy Level 5 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:11 am
Tsukinoki
axean
Tsukinoki
i see i see

Scrap Dragon X3
Scrap Twin Dragon X 2-3
Stardust
Blackrose X2
Gaia force of the earth
Catastor/Magical Android

Well when its done then.

-----

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except by its own effect. When a face-up monster you control is destroyed by a card effect and sent to the Graveyard, you can Special Summon this card from your hand. This card gains ATK and DEF equal to half of your Life Points. Once per turn, you can select 1 Synchro Monster your opponent controls and equip it to this card. This card gains ATK equal to those equipped monsters' combined ATK. During your Main Phase, you can select 1 of those equipped monsters, and Special Summon it to your side of the field in face-up Defense Position.

It makes no sence. The thing is so open. we have to wait for the ruling. It is possible that its summon trigger, but they can change their minds in the rulings.

If Tsukinoki's way is chosen, its do to them not wanting a broken card.

If Axean's way is chosen, its beacause they want to stick to word for word.

Axean is right about "gains", more then likely. But its still sketchy looking to me. If Tsukinoki way was put in word for word, then it would say, "This cards ATK and DEF are equal to half of your Life Points." Well, something like that. I hope they go with Tsukinoki's way. Then the ban list won't bother it.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:10 pm
Extra Deck: 15
3 Scrap Dragon
2 Scrap Twin Dragon
1 Thought Ruler Archfiend
1 Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
1 Stardust Dragon
1 Ally of Justice Catastor
1 Scrap Archfiend
1 Naturia Beast
1 Naturia Barkion
1 Ancient Fairy Dragon
1 Black Rose Dragon
1 Arcanite Magician

Listed in the Top 32 Decklists from YCS Orlando.  

Space Toad -B

Tsukinoki

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:03 pm
regardless if it cant be brough out fast its gonna lose the attack points  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:14 am
Tsukinoki
regardless if it cant be brough out fast its gonna lose the attack points

Thats what Scrap Dragon, Scrapstorm, Dark Hole and Scrap Goblin are for. Even if you set Scrap Goblin it dies do to its own effect, not battle.  

Shahal Rainrix

King Codger

14,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Alchemy Level 5 100
Deck Database

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items