Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
I need opinions!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

eelsushi1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:15 pm
Is it ok for an 18 year old to date a 16 year old (the 18 year old just graduated hs and the 16 year old is finishing up soph year)?  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:06 pm
It really depends on the laws of where you live. In Hawai'i, it's acceptable for two people to be in an intimate relationship as long as these rules are applied:

(Not sure about this one but)
Anyone under 16 may not be in a relationship with anyone 16+ without parental consent and the older person may not be more than 5yrs older than the former

(These I'm sure of)
16-year old can date 18+ as long as the 18+ is no more than 5yrs older

An 18-year old can freely be in a relationship with other 18+ with no age limitations

In this relationship, even though I may not know the laws of where YOU currently reside, I'm pretty sure that an 18-year old can be in a relationship with a 16-year old. That's generally the case in most places.

Archestra Peiyrui

2,900 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

BSPBleach

Proxy Gaian

8,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:14 pm
im pretty by most laws, yeah its fine. morally? its barely 2yrs, so yeah, still fine xd  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:19 pm
Dating is fine, but sex would be a fellony.  

Shilberu Erikku

1,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200

Archestra Peiyrui

2,900 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:43 pm
Shilberu Erikku
Dating is fine, but sex would be a fellony.

All U.S. states have set their age of consent at either 16, 17, or 18 years of age. If the younger party is 16, then sex would not be a felony with an 18-year old unless they are currently residing in a state where the age of consent is 17 or 18 years of age, not 16.

Then again, each state also has their own subsections, articles, blah blah blah, which set the exact rules, so depending on the state, they may or may not be committing a felony, misdemeanor, or blah blah blah.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:46 pm
All I need is one star in the sky...

If an 84 or so year old guy can marry a 26 year old girl, then I think dating someone 2 years younger is fine O_o

...Wish for you every night.

--Untoten Kase--

Extreme Streaker

eelsushi1

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:20 pm
well the legality is good to know biggrin . but what about socially?  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:15 pm
eelsushi1
well the legality is good to know biggrin . but what about socially?

Well it would be looked upon in a negative way by most but who really cares i mean who in their right mind wants to know this stuff its like when they wake up their goal is to find something wrong with someone else's life or their relationship. I think you should be proud that your with someone that you love no matter what other think as long as your both happy then ******** everyone else.  

OmanisNocturnes

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff