Reply Gaian Community Christian Church Main Forum
I need Help ASAP!!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yusaru

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 11:19 pm
I've been talking to this girl next door.....I'm trying to help her but I don't know what I can do for her. Her Mom Emotionally and verbally abuses her. She Even threatened to kill her self! =( Is there anyone that has any advice for me?!

I tried to talk to her but all I could do is hold her in my arms....I couldn't even tell her that everything would be ok!!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:31 am
Emotional and verbal abuse is incredibly hard to prove, but maybe it would be worthwhile to call CPS? If that is not a viable option then witness to her if at all possible. Tell her about Jesus and everything smile it may give her a sense of peace in her life above all the commotion. It may help her gain a strong foundation and more peace within herself. Just be a friend to her as well - you don't have to tell her everything will be okay, all you need to do is listen and be there for her.

(I know this is an old thread and I just joined so I figured that maybe if this situation is still going on my words would be of some help).  

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500

x XBliss Wasnt EnoughX x

Sparkly Dark Elf

20,875 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:39 am
Although my mom wasn't abusive to me, I can relate. I grew up around a ton of arguing among my mom (and her various husbands/boyfriend, each at different times of course). Things have gotten violent before, and I've witnessed more terror than I'd like to admit. Sometimes the best thing you can do is just hold her - like you're already doing.

If you really feel like she'll kill herself, call the police. They'll take her to a hospital where they may or may not hold her for 74 hours. She'll be able to read, play video games, watch tv, and rest for that time. My friend had to go through that, and it helped him a lot. And maybe it'll open your friend's mom's eyes to what she's doing to her daughter.

If you think it's getting worse, or getting too much for your friend to handle, CPS wouldn't be a bad option either. CPS got involved in my life, and I ended up living with my best friend at the time for about a year before the court decided it'd be best for me to live with my dad rather than my mom. I've also been in foster care (for like a week, but still), and it was really fun. There was two other girls there whom I befriended, and we had dinner every night. I truly enjoyed it.

I'll pray for you and your friend. God bless.  
Gaian Community Christian Church Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games