Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
Any other queers in the guild? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DJ Arctic Wolf

7,150 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 7:38 am
lol i thought this topic was about finding queer friends at first and i thought..."Hello! We all are! (mostly) lol "

jk, but no im not, im all male!!! but i thought about crossdressing a few times before  
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 6:28 pm
Wolf of the Western Wind
lol i thought this topic was about finding queer friends at first and i thought..."Hello! We all are! (mostly) lol "

jk, but no im not, im all male!!! but i thought about crossdressing a few times before

lol, indeed we all are technically queers! but some people don't like that term - i use it because it most accurately describes how i feel.

you should try it one day! biggrin  

Lady Direwolf

5,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Profitable 100

[ Joylancia ]

4,300 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 8:48 am
I consider myself a genderqueer. I switch back and forth between genders everyday. I can be a boy, a girl, both or neither. My name is Jade, but I'm trying to go by Jordan more lately. I bind and that makes me feel like superman. Never have I felt so good about my body.  
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 10:01 am
[ Joylancia ]
I consider myself a genderqueer. I switch back and forth between genders everyday. I can be a boy, a girl, both or neither. My name is Jade, but I'm trying to go by Jordan more lately. I bind and that makes me feel like superman. Never have I felt so good about my body.

I want to get a binder for when I'm feeling more masculine. I like my name, Carolyn, but I wish I had a more masculine or gender neutral name to go by. But I can't think of one I like... :/  

Lady Direwolf

5,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Profitable 100

[ Joylancia ]

4,300 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 10:12 am
Lady Direwolf
[ Joylancia ]

I want to get a binder for when I'm feeling more masculine. I like my name, Carolyn, but I wish I had a more masculine or gender neutral name to go by. But I can't think of one I like... :/

I know finding a new name for myself was like naming a baby. Lol. I started out looking at androgynous baby names. In the end, I kinda gave up; but I kinda got lucky. I asked my boyfriend (the first person I came out as a genderqueer to) what would be a good androgynous name for me would be. He said Jordan. Idk...It kinda grew on me and I've been using it every since.

I have a friend (FTM) and his name is Loki. He named himself after the Norse god of shape-shifting and "mischief."

The world is your oyster, which makes it hard to narrow down your choices. Find something that truly defines you and makes your heart race when you or other people say it. It may also help if you know what pronouns you want to go by as well.

**Oh as for binding. I would highly suggest you splurge and get a binder. I know some people that have used duct tape or ace bandages and this can be highly hazardous to your health. I got my binder from Underworks

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 10:14 am
Lady Direwolf
[ Joylancia ]

Lol funny story. My name's Angie, but my friend thought I was a boy when we met, so she just assumed I had a speech problem and said "Andy". It was kinda awesome, even though I don't really like the name.  

The Ever-Changing Me

Lady Direwolf

5,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 10:17 am
[ Joylancia ]
Lady Direwolf
[ Joylancia ]

I know finding a new name for myself was like naming a baby. Lol. I started out looking at androgynous baby names. In the end, I kinda gave up; but I kinda got lucky. I asked my boyfriend (the first person I came out as a genderqueer to) what would be a good androgynous name for me would be. He said Jordan. Idk...It kinda grew on me and I've been using it every since.

I have a friend (FTM) and his name is Loki. He named himself after the Norse god of shape-shifting and "mischief."

The world is your oyster, which makes it hard to narrow down your choices. Find something that truly defines you and makes your heart race when you or other people say it. It may also help if you know what pronouns you want to go by as well.

Most of the time I do like being femme and femme pronouns... I just like being andro or masc sometimes as well, and it's a bit... odd? i suppose? to have to go by my very femme name when I'm trying to be dapper.

Loki is a good name for someone who is FTM... whee that's awesome! Norse mythology ftw~ (Mythology in general ftw actually!)

I'm thinking of finding an androgynous name from one of my favorite books to use. I just haven't read one that leaps out at me yet.

Thanks for the help! biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 10:19 am
Lady Direwolf
[ Joylancia ]
Lady Direwolf
[ Joylancia ]

Most of the time I do like being femme and femme pronouns... I just like being andro or masc sometimes as well, and it's a bit... odd? i suppose? to have to go by my very femme name when I'm trying to be dapper.

Loki is a good name for someone who is FTM... whee that's awesome! Norse mythology ftw~ (Mythology in general ftw actually!)

I'm thinking of finding an androgynous name from one of my favorite books to use. I just haven't read one that leaps out at me yet.

Np! If you have any more questions, just hit me up.

[ Joylancia ]

4,300 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200

Lady Direwolf

5,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 10:20 am
[ Joylancia ]

**Oh as for binding. I would highly suggest you splurge and get a binder. I know some people that have used duct tape or ace bandages and this can be highly hazardous to your health. I got my binder from Underworks

Hey, thanks! biggrin I'll have to wait and save up for it... right now I just wear a tight sport bra. My chest isn't *too* big, so it works if I wear a baggy t-shirt.

I have read horror stories about the cheaper methods of binding, so I've never even tried!  
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 10:27 am
[ Joylancia ]
Lady Direwolf
[ Joylancia ]
Lady Direwolf
[ Joylancia ]

I shall! Thanks for the guild invite, btw! whee  

Lady Direwolf

5,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Profitable 100

[ Joylancia ]

4,300 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 10:31 am
Lady Direwolf
[ Joylancia ]
Lady Direwolf
[ Joylancia ]
Lady Direwolf
[ Joylancia ]

I'm now following you on tumblr btw 4laugh

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 10:34 am
[ Joylancia ]
Lady Direwolf
[ Joylancia ]
Lady Direwolf
[ Joylancia ]

I'm now following you on tumblr btw 4laugh

I followed back! 4laugh thanks, lovely!  

Lady Direwolf

5,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Profitable 100

Diavel Goddess

5,450 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Citizen 200