Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
Cajun suprise!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shilberu Erikku

1,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 8:33 pm
The "crime against nature law" is being challenged.
http://www.dallasvoice.com/lawsuit-challenges-louisianas-crimes-nature-law-punishing-oral-a**l-sex-1065463.html
Apparently, smart southerners exist. I'd like to apologize to everyone on here I called a rendneck.  
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 11:27 pm
You'd be surprised at the excepting people in the south. I mean.. it's not the best place in the world to be if you're a part of the LGBTQ community but we do have our supporters here. smile  

Xolramuh

Robbie-fyed

Beloved Lunatic

6,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 10:55 am
Xolramuh
You'd be surprised at the excepting people in the south. I mean.. it's not the best place in the world to be if you're a part of the LGBTQ community but we do have our supporters here. smile

I partially agree. You're right, there are a lot more accepting people in the south than we're given credit for. However, as I've stated before, I've never had an issue with homophobia here in Texas. Maybe I'm just blessed, or maybe it's because I live in one of the biggest cities in the US, but we have such a huge and active gay community here. Of course you have your bigots, but that's everywhere. I seriously don't understand why Texas gets such a bad rep when all I see is an accepting and supportive community.  
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 6:16 pm
Insatiable Lust
Xolramuh

I partially agree. You're right, there are a lot more accepting people in the south than we're given credit for. However, as I've stated before, I've never had an issue with homophobia here in Texas. Maybe I'm just blessed, or maybe it's because I live in one of the biggest cities in the US, but we have such a huge and active gay community here. Of course you have your bigots, but that's everywhere. I seriously don't understand why Texas gets such a bad rep when all I see is an accepting and supportive community.

Discrimination is always regional rather than statewide/countrywide. For example, I live in Kentucky; where I live, a suburban area twenty minutes from the big city, discrimination against the LGBT community weighs pretty evenly with the support. If you drive towards the city, it's much more supportive, and alternatively, if you drive South, you'll eventually hit the banjo-strumming haters (I loath the word 'haters', but couldn't think of a more appropriate word). But even in those areas, there are some who are alright with LGBT people, just like there are discriminators in the big cities.  

Atrum_Anima

Shilberu Erikku

1,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 7:51 pm
Atrum_Anima
Insatiable Lust
Xolramuh

Discrimination is always regional rather than statewide/countrywide. For example, I live in Kentucky; where I live, a suburban area twenty minutes from the big city, discrimination against the LGBT community weighs pretty evenly with the support. If you drive towards the city, it's much more supportive, and alternatively, if you drive South, you'll eventually hit the banjo-strumming haters (I loath the word 'haters', but couldn't think of a more appropriate word). But even in those areas, there are some who are alright with LGBT people, just like there are discriminators in the big cities.

If only people weren't so autrophobic ( afraid of others). I live in Fair Oaks, CA. There happens to be a large mormon community here, and they're ********' pissed off! At my school, there used to be an all-out war between the GSA and the TFCC (teens for christ club). It got really out of hand.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:12 pm
That's so messed up on how they are against TGBT

AstridMiriam

Party Browser

13,100 Points
  • Runway First Vote 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Edward 100
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash