Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
Do you ever feel...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sin Error

Elder

7,850 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 9:35 am
That there's something wrong with you?
I mean you have a vast group of people thinking your sexual preferences are wrong and that you should've never existed. how do you cope with?

the environment I work is an extremely homophobic environment and I often have to lie about my sexuality, even changing my fiances gender to female, and I think this is hurting me personally, beacuse lately i've been having that old feeling where I've felt that what I do and the relationship I have is wrong, so then I ask myself, why me? why do i like guys? why me?
and honestly i've tried to like girls ins a sexual way, I just get no reaction down there, and i've tried so so hard, but nothing.

so ask you, those who are open and have accepted themselves, how did you do it?  
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 9:50 am
I thought this was going to say "like a plastic bag". P:

I don't know what your job is, but if they can't accept you, they don't deserve you.  

pkmn paolo

7,900 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Team Edward 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 11:57 am
i just realized that you cant please everyone. god made who i am and i needed to accept that and not let what others think get to me.  
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 2:29 pm
i converted to the "screw you i can't please everybody" ways and just stopped giving a ******** about what people did when i was like 10.  

Sarah_L_Awesome

5,350 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • First step to fame 200

BleedingInkXIII

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 2:57 pm
It was hard for me to accept it in the beginning, but seriously, I doubt you can change who you are on a whim. You just gotta learn to accept and love yourself. I mean, hey - you have a job and a fiancee! Who cares what other people think? If they don't like you, they can go screw themselves for all I care.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 5:46 pm
Yes! But not as extreme as you have, I'm still young and I'm not facing the "real world" yet, although I'm partially there since I'm already in college, but I figured that being myself and loving myself is the most important thing. Yeah, there are people who don't want to accept me for who I am, but I'm going to respect that and give them their space as long as they don't infringe on mine, because they have their own belief. If I retaliated, it could be just as bad. [Depending on how well I'm able to handle the situation, but more than likely I'm not, and this would only make them feel right even though they're wrong.] And sometimes they really go too far, but by acting/saying certain things it only makes them look bad for the people who figured out what is right and what is wrong through their own means, not because they grew up with it and their mom and dad ..said so. or that the bible said so.[worse kind of excuse] People think that my existence should've never been? Please, then I would never be here. Since when do PEOPLE decide what exists and what shouldn't exist? I thought there was God? Jesus? Buddha? I don't know about you, but I feel like sometimes human beings are WAY in over their head.
Also, that situation with the trying to fit into this "heterosexual" society thing... I've also been there. It feels so wrong! I'm bisexual, but don't judge me solely on that. I'm far into women, but I know myself, and I know that if I get to know a guy enough I MIGHT date him, not saying that I would. And, since I'm really far into girls, when the situation comes up and a guy hits on me, it's almost really uncomfortable, normally I just smile and keep walking. But once in a while, I might give it a shot (to make my family happy or whatever), and it feels like I'm forcing myself. Relationships have to develop naturally otherwise I don't be comfortable, and if I'm forcing myself, that's not natural. My mom has always told me to put myself first. And the thing is, when I'm forcing myself to do something, that feels more like something's wrong with me than just being who I am. I just do what feels right for me. Also, don't feel like you're alone in your working environment, I'm sure there are people who do support it but are afraid to voice their opinion too and are going along with it and so on. I don't know how big of a work place you work at but yeah. Be strong. *Phew stressed  

CandyBoy955

DJ Arctic Wolf

7,150 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 6:07 pm
you should never hae that thought go through your mind. Lief is a gift and you should enjoy its fruits. for those who wont accept you, give them the bird and tell them to ******** off. your life is your own and how you chose to live it is entirely up to you  
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 6:18 pm
Simple. I don't give a s**t about them or their beliefs.  

lgtenos
Vice Captain

AstridMiriam

Party Browser

13,100 Points
  • Runway First Vote 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:44 pm
*points up* me neither

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Manage Your Items