Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
"Liberals" want abortion so lesbians can be equal to women

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

She Promised You Cookies

Proxy Guildswoman

8,450 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 11:12 pm
Couldn't fit it all in the title, but whatever.

Pat Robertson thinks "liberals" want abortion so lesbians can be equal to married women

My opinion? This is grade A BULLSHIT.

Not all lesbians are jealous of married women who can have kids. I know I'm not. And also, I'm not sure what century he is from, because lesbians CAN have kids. I mean, adoption? Sperm donation? Surrogacy? Carrying children from a previous relationship? Does he not know about any of this?

And honestly, I think his generalisation is sick. He's practically saying all women should be married and have children. Does he want women to get back in the kitchen next? There are plenty of women who have independent lives and don't want to have children, or even get married. How do I know this? MANY OF MY FRIENDS ARE LIKE THIS.

He's also saying that in order to have a child, you must be married. What about single mothers? In his own world, there's probably no such thing.

His reasoning behind why woman want abortions is the most detached logic I've ever heard, if I could even call it that. What if the mother were to DIE from having the child? What about the possibility of a crippling disorder that could hurt the child for life? And as I said to a friend, the people who shout "A child shouldn't suffer for your mistake" does not realise that by living, they are suffering constantly. They have the thought hanging over their head that they are an unwanted child, especially if this was found out. I'm not saying you must abort, otherwise a child will be miserable, but it's just my stance. Back from that tangent, it's not fair to say they want it so a minority can feel equal. I still don't see how it makes lesbians equal though. Because they can't produce children, or so he thinks?

And of course, here's the next thing. Lesbians being equal. He says it like it's the apocalypse. Newsflash, just because we don't have rights now doesn't mean we never will. Black people were prejudiced and segregated, but now they have legal rights. Same with women. Don't act so surprised.

So if you can't produce children (whether if it's she's sterile, gone through menopause, and so on), you are a deficient woman, or even worse, not a woman at all. But if you can produce children, you must want them and not even consider getting an abortion. Who let this man into the political forum? I have not seen such a pathetic arguement in my life.  
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 11:39 pm
She Promised You Cookies

Pat Robertson thinks "liberals" want abortion so lesbians can be equal to married women

Not all lesbians are jealous of married women who can have kids. I know I'm not. And also, I'm not sure what century he is from, because lesbians CAN have kids. I mean, adoption? Sperm donation? Surrogacy? Carrying children from a previous relationship? Does he not know about any of this?

And honestly, I think his generalisation is sick. He's practically saying all women should be married and have children. Does he want women to get back in the kitchen next? There are plenty of women who have independent lives and don't want to have children, or even get married. How do I know this? MANY OF MY FRIENDS ARE LIKE THIS.

He's also saying that in order to have a child, you must be married. What about single mothers? In his own world, there's probably no such thing.

His reasoning behind why woman want abortions is the most detached logic I've ever heard, if I could even call it that. What if the mother were to DIE from having the child? What about the possibility of a crippling disorder that could hurt the child for life? And as I said to a friend, the people who shout "A child shouldn't suffer for your mistake" does not realise that by living, they are suffering constantly. They have the thought hanging over their head that they are an unwanted child, especially if this was found out. I'm not saying you must abort, otherwise a child will be miserable, but it's just my stance. Back from that tangent, it's not fair to say they want it so a minority can feel equal. I still don't see how it makes lesbians equal though. Because they can't produce children, or so he thinks?

And of course, here's the next thing. Lesbians being equal. He says it like it's the apocalypse. Newsflash, just because we don't have rights now doesn't mean we never will. Black people were prejudiced and segregated, but now they have legal rights. Same with women. Don't act so surprised.

So if you can't produce children (whether if it's she's sterile, gone through menopause, and so on), you are a deficient woman, or even worse, not a woman at all. But if you can produce children, you must want them and not even consider getting an abortion. Who let this man into the political forum? I have not seen such a pathetic arguement in my life.

Why even bother paying attention to what he says? After all, he's just another sexist, sexphobic conservative pining for the 1950s. Ignore him, he's old and going to eventually die in like, 5 years or so.  

Shilberu Erikku

1,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200

She Promised You Cookies

Proxy Guildswoman

8,450 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 2:11 am
@ Shiberu Erikku: Agreed. Though I guess it's good for a laugh. Geez, I am in a ranting mood today xD  
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 3:08 am
Wow. That's awful.
Also, I kept reading, "Robert Pattinson". lol  

Atrum_Anima

Darkfox Soldier

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 3:27 am
Just take it with a pinch of salt and quietly laugh at how foolish he sounds.  
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 4:23 am
but my god, what an idiot. ignore him and move on.  

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

She Promised You Cookies

Proxy Guildswoman

8,450 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 5:50 am
Lol, yeah, you guys. I mean, sure, I was serious with what I said before, because, like it or not, he is serious too, but most of me is laughing at this man. And if you guys are laughing too, all the better.  
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 6:46 am
She Promised You Cookies
Lol, yeah, you guys. I mean, sure, I was serious with what I said before, because, like it or not, he is serious too, but most of me is laughing at this man. And if you guys are laughing too, all the better.

most idiots dont know they are being idiots because they lack more than 2 brain cells. if he wants to be a twit then let him.  

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

Sarah_L_Awesome

5,350 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 12:13 pm
oh look it's a ugal-belugan  
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 12:30 pm
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

And this is why I hate most politicians. They have no clue wtf they are doing/saying. It really saddens me how pathetically dull some people can be.

BleedingInkXIII

Ilphae

Sparkly Hunter

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 9:36 pm
Oh, so that's why I'm pro-choice! Golly, it all makes sense now.

stare Hey, waiiiit a second... if that's true then why aren't gay men rallying for straight men to get vasectomies?  
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 10:08 am
Shilberu Erikku
She Promised You Cookies

Why even bother paying attention to what he says? After all, he's just another sexist, sexphobic conservative pining for the 1950s. Ignore him, he's old and going to eventually die in like, 5 years or so.

Yeah, that was my first thought too, like "why are you even paying him any attention"? I mean of course I don't agree with him, but he's entitled to his opinion just as you are. He has no power over anything other than morons who choose to follow the ignorance he spews.  

Robbie-fyed

Beloved Lunatic

6,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200

oOoEnchantressoOo

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 10:15 am
That guy is an idoit old dude and who care's what he thinks if that's his opinion then fine but he is really stupid so just ignore him .  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:30 pm
xd

AstridMiriam

Party Browser

13,100 Points
  • Runway First Vote 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Edward 100
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash