Welcome to Gaia! ::

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duellists of Gaia

Back to Guilds

YDoG is an all TCG guild for all duellists. We also cover the entire Yu-Gi-Oh! games, shows, manga and RPG. 

Tags: Yugioh, Tournament, Duel, Trading Card Game, Anime 

Reply Domino City
Extreme Victory Sneak Peak

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Australian Igloo

Shirtless Bloodsucker

7,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:50 pm
The Extreme Victory Sneek Peak is soon. So what is your strategy/plans to win?  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:55 pm
I want Scrap Otrthros and Mara of the Nordic Alfar for my Scrap and Nordic decks - because these are the onl cards keeping my decks competative at the moment...but in regards o the Sneek Peak i'd rather like to avoid them and trade later.

I'm going with a friend so we can tradearsd before the matches to design our decks to be more specific - it could be considered cheating but i'm sick of losing these things because of luck based on random cards.

Depending on the cards we get i'll either make a deck based on:

(In order of strength)

1. Meklord.
2. T.G.
3. Psychic

I'll play a T.G. deck if i manage to get the synchros and rare cards needed.

Meklords are great because they're all common, and getting Meklord Astro Dragon will only make it better.

Psychic is a last resort if i cant make anything good  

Australian Igloo

Shirtless Bloodsucker

7,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

B1g_crunch

Questionable Loiterer

8,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:08 pm
The psychic children are an interesting new archtype that can work well with more remove-from-play cards coming in Generation Force.

With synchros now taking back-burner to exceed, machine emperial isn't going to last too long.

Tech Genus is alright; it swarms synchros AND has materials needed to bring out plenty of type-specific and generic synchros quickly. I'm looking forward to combining it for stardust swarm.

Junk is where I really get interested. The new cards from this, plus OCG release cards like defender, forward, and catapult warrior make this a great interest point for me.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:20 pm
Labyrinthknight7
The psychic children are an interesting new archtype that can work well with more remove-from-play cards coming in Generation Force.

With synchros now taking back-burner to exceed, machine emperial isn't going to last too long.

Tech Genus is alright; it swarms synchros AND has materials needed to bring out plenty of type-specific and generic synchros quickly. I'm looking forward to combining it for stardust swarm.

Junk is where I really get interested. The new cards from this, plus OCG release cards like defender, forward, and catapult warrior make this a great interest point for me.

Yes but within just this set for the Sneak Peak, there isn't much use for the Junk cards since there are only 2 and one needs Junk Synchron. The only Synchro monsters that are efficient within JUST Extreme Victory are the T.G. Its also why i said Meklords were good because they are mostly common cards and highly supportive.

On your points though it is visible that Synchros will be less seen with he outbust of Exceeds, but they wont gone. They are far more efficient than Exceeds (although i do understand that its because Exceeds have JUST come out and are only just developing their support) but i think that in the end we will be seeing Extra Decks with both Exceeds and Synchros. I hope they increase the Extra Deck size.

But we're getting off-topic.

What strategies, themes and archetypes will you be playing at the Extreme Victory sneek peak?  

Australian Igloo

Shirtless Bloodsucker

7,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

B1g_crunch

Questionable Loiterer

8,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:32 pm
Scrap Dragon

They are far more efficient than Exceeds

HOLD UP, HOLD UP, HOLD UP.

Exceeds work in WAY more decks.
Where synchros NEED tuners, exceeds only need a match in levels to summon.

You think pure lightsworns or worms or gravekeepers or Koa ki'meiru can bring out synchros without tuner support? Think again.

Outside the numbers, there aren't any exceeds I've seen with a negative effect for when there are no more overlay units.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:54 pm
Labyrinthknight7
Scrap Dragon

You think pure lightsworns or worms or gravekeepers or Koa ki'meiru can bring out synchros without tuner support? Think again.

Outside the numbers, there aren't any exceeds I've seen with a negative effect for when there are no more overlay units.

I am really not interested in debating this. If you are then make a thread about it. I am talking about the Extreme Victory Sneak Peak and so far you have made little relevant conversation, so please either contribute or don't  

Australian Igloo

Shirtless Bloodsucker

7,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Union White

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:10 pm
Scrap Dragon
Labyrinthknight7
Scrap Dragon

I am really not interested in debating this. If you are then make a thread about it. I am talking about the Extreme Victory Sneak Peak and so far you have made little relevant conversation, so please either contribute or don't

True mate.
Alright so on your thread- I think you're on the right track. Tg will be your best bet if you're lucky to get the cards.
And play it safe if u get loads of meklords.
I wouldnt bother with Psychics because you dont get a useable psychic or neutral synchros to use in Extreme Victory.
Other than that you dont have many other options, but defo use Morphtronic Staplen that card is broke  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:16 pm
Union White
Scrap Dragon
Labyrinthknight7
Scrap Dragon

True mate.
Alright so on your thread- I think you're on the right track. Tg will be your best bet if you're lucky to get the cards.
And play it safe if u get loads of meklords.
I wouldnt bother with Psychics because you dont get a useable psychic or neutral synchros to use in Extreme Victory.
Other than that you dont have many other options, but defo use Morphtronic Staplen that card is broke

Psychics will work well if you take a look at the ones from this pack and what they can combine with.

Recent psychics are armored kids w/ the effect of remove-from-play/special summon. You can easily combine these with more removed from play support already out, psychic support and synchros already out (powerful ones at that (hyper psychic blaster, magical android, thought ruler, switch up w/ sided materials for Axon fusion). NExt pack comes aqua/sea-serpent/fish WIND remove from play cards, as well as even more of the little no-cost-psychic-swarm monsters.

I'm planning on seeing them as a possible future deck, and I'd be excited at the prospect of getting some.

Polar star is alright; recent TCG exclusives have balanced it a little. Before you'd be hard pressed to make something that can utilize the whole archtype set, but with recent changers you can expect to see a beast form coming in TCG eclusive Generation Force.  

B1g_crunch

Questionable Loiterer

8,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Flatterer 200

Australian Igloo

Shirtless Bloodsucker

7,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 3:32 am
So we get our Sneak Peeks on Saturday (just gone) and monday (tomorrow).
I dont know if this is the same for anyone else but i have some tips if people found it hard.

The T.G. are super useful. The three main commons are great. I cant remember all their names but in general they can help bring each other to hand and summon each other to the field. There's also a T.G. creature swap trap and a spell that raises all monster atk for every TG monster on the field. I focused on a smal T.G deck with help from:

- Morphtonic Staplen - in short, it has to be attacked and when destoyed it decreases ur opponents atk, in def it cant be destroyed but if it is atk it is switched into atk mode and the attacker is switched int def. - AMAZING against big beatsticks like the Karakuri and Salvage Warrior monsters

- Psychic - They weren't that helpful in a 20 card deck but they did bring minor draw power and some great defense when needed.

I played very aggresively in the Sneak Peek and won 3 - 2 matches.
I lost to a girl who played a really amazing beatstick deck so she drew some good cards.
and a guy in he semi-finals (who i should have asked a judge to check his deck because he had swapped his cards so much that his deck was just too good - i will admit i did swapped for a few T.G. cards but it was just to aid in a bit of consistency, this guys made a pro deck and it was really unfair) he played a mainly defensive deck and as an aggresive player i kept running into all his high defence monsters. But he was a bad man, he kept trying to convince me he was destroying my defense position staplen because he said its effect didnt work in the damamge step. I'M NOT A F-ING IDIOT, so i called a judge and put him in his place, but he ruined the end of the tournie.

All-in-all the sneak peek was fun and my mate won a Junk Beserker mat which was cool. It'll be my turn to win won on Monday. And if i dont u can all throw eggs at me  
Domino City

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games