Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jiti

Tiny Animal

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:13 am
[♫=♥]

My mom told me that I'm obsessed with animals. I told her that I'm just an animal lover. Maybe I am obsessive. emo

I bet I'm going to be an animal hoarder in the future, alone, with 50 cats and dogs and one hamster and can only talk about my animals. gonk

Animals, animals, animals.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:07 am
I feel like that sometimes as well... exspcailly right now with looking at cats down state to adopt and talking to my friends around me who all kind of hate cats (at least my best friend and my roomate's bf dis likes them...my bf is just allergic to them a bit, and doesn't like long haired ones)

But yeah it is kind of natural when you have a strong passion for something. People still just look at me funny when I start talking about a bird that I see or when we are driving I'm like "OMG it was that a __________" "Hey look it is a _________"  

Mistress of Rain

8,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150

Jiti

Tiny Animal

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:12 am
Mistress of Rain
I feel like that sometimes as well... exspcailly right now with looking at cats down state to adopt and talking to my friends around me who all kind of hate cats (at least my best friend and my roomate's bf dis likes them...my bf is just allergic to them a bit, and doesn't like long haired ones)

But yeah it is kind of natural when you have a strong passion for something. People still just look at me funny when I start talking about a bird that I see or when we are driving I'm like "OMG it was that a __________" "Hey look it is a _________"
[♫=♥]

I like cats. smile I wouldn't mind if someone likes to talk about them.
My mom changed her mind about opening a shelter or something because she said if I was going to be like this then she rather not open one. Of course, you'll be talking about the animals everyday if you're planning on opening a shelter. I feel glad that she changed her mind. :/

She thinks I'm sick in the head for talking about animals too much. I feel bad. ;-;

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:31 am
Jiti
Mistress of Rain

[♫=♥]

My mom changed her mind about opening a shelter or something because she said if I was going to be like this then she rather not open one. Of course, you'll be talking about the animals everyday if you're planning on opening a shelter. I feel glad that she changed her mind. :/

She thinks I'm sick in the head for talking about animals too much. I feel bad. ;-;

Sometimes you just have to find the right people to talk to. I know when my cousin and I get itno our animal talks back home and even mention a pet... my aunt starts freaking and butting in on our conversations saying how I can't get a pet and blah blah blah. to her talking about animals = getting animals. But she is not an animal person... I think though it hurt a bit when our old animals died... I think she was happy, because her hosue could be Spotless again -_-

though she has actually talked about maybe getting a seeing eye dog for her Uncle Norman since he is 94 and refuses to believe that he can't see... and thought a doctor was rude to him when the doc suggested that he got a cane and started to practice with it.

but yeah ifyou ever want to talk about cats or other animals fee free to send me a pm. I am kind of the odd one out up at school since I'm only getting a degree right now it seems to please my aunt... cause grooming, or working in a petstore (dog trainer and stuff like that), or starting some sort of rescue seems like something I really want to do....plus it makes me really flexible if i want to go live near my friends or even move to where ever my bf decides to go..if we stay together that long.  

Mistress of Rain

8,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150

Jiti

Tiny Animal

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:42 am
Mistress of Rain
Jiti
Mistress of Rain

[♫=♥]

Sometimes you just have to find the right people to talk to. I know when my cousin and I get itno our animal talks back home and even mention a pet... my aunt starts freaking and butting in on our conversations saying how I can't get a pet and blah blah blah. to her talking about animals = getting animals. But she is not an animal person... I think though it hurt a bit when our old animals died... I think she was happy, because her hosue could be Spotless again -_-

though she has actually talked about maybe getting a seeing eye dog for her Uncle Norman since he is 94 and refuses to believe that he can't see... and thought a doctor was rude to him when the doc suggested that he got a cane and started to practice with it.

but yeah ifyou ever want to talk about cats or other animals fee free to send me a pm. I am kind of the odd one out up at school since I'm only getting a degree right now it seems to please my aunt... cause grooming, or working in a petstore (dog trainer and stuff like that), or starting some sort of rescue seems like something I really want to do....plus it makes me really flexible if i want to go live near my friends or even move to where ever my bf decides to go..if we stay together that long.
[♫=♥]

I'll remember to send you a PM, ;D or make a topic in this guild if I want to talk about animals. This guild helped me a lot. If I never found a guild like this or if Gaia never made a forum about Pets! I don't know where I would go. Other forums are too slow and Gaia is the top biggest forum on the internet! taken from here.

When ever I talk about a certain animal my mom would say, "Omg it's the month of the ________" [dog/cat/horse/whatever] and she easily gets mad and tells me I talk to much. She always tell me that I talk too much. I don't think my friends have a problem with me being too talkative, they are good talkers and listeners. smile

I should work on a field where I'm involved in helping animals, but graphic design is something I really need to connect with people visually. (One of the reasons why dogsbite.org became popular, because the owner of the website is a graphic designer and not a dog trainer!) Then I'll start going for a field to work with animals and if I need to make a website or design something that will have to attract people, I got no problem. cool

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:19 am
Animal lovers don't have to be limited to what's considered typical animal-related jobs! I'm a graphic designer and actually happened to get a job out of college for a mail order/retail pet supply store. Actually, I'm known as the animal lady in my art department even being in a pet store. XD

I kind of halfway lucked out because my store had hired graduates from my college before and was advertising their position there because of it, but you could eventually try to get a graphic design job at an animal-related company in the future.

Lady Lagomorph

Wheezing Bunny

25,075 Points
  • Very Thankful 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Are You Jelly? 500

Jiti

Tiny Animal

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:56 am
Lady Lagomorph
Animal lovers don't have to be limited to what's considered typical animal-related jobs! I'm a graphic designer and actually happened to get a job out of college for a mail order/retail pet supply store. Actually, I'm known as the animal lady in my art department even being in a pet store. XD

I kind of halfway lucked out because my store had hired graduates from my college before and was advertising their position there because of it, but you could eventually try to get a graphic design job at an animal-related company in the future.
[♫=♥]

I didn't know that. Yay I'm happy about that! :'D

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:53 pm
I suspect this is the reason most of my friends don't like me. It's just that I really have nothing else to talk about xD  

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Jiti

Tiny Animal

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:57 pm
Vanilla eXee
I suspect this is the reason most of my friends don't like me. It's just that I really have nothing else to talk about xD
[♫=♥]

I feel like I have become a boring person. crying
I have only a few good friends. xD

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:58 pm
Lol, I know how it goes all too well.
The parentals find it highly irritating...especially when they start talking about future grandchildren and I cut in and say something like "You don't need grandchildren. You already have grandferrets! cool "
Just keep rolling the way you want. You'll never make everybody happy so don't even bother trying. My friends have come to accept that the animals and I are a package deal and that sometimes I won't be able to do this or that because of an animal related activity/animal related responsibilities/etc. And that sometimes they'll get to hear about them. If they can't stand that then we just ain't meant to be pals.

I have lost friends over it, but have also made friends because of it. Sometimes enthusiasm can be contagious. 3nodding  

Skeksis

DeeSpark

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:14 am
My parents get sick of me talking about dogs, but I can't help it.
"One day you'll have kids and-" Me: "Already have kids" *Looks to Deedee and Sparky*
It's everything to not ramble to them about the walk I just took my dogs on.
The other night my mum just went to bed because she was sick of me talking about dogs and their calming signals. My friends are used to the fact that everytime I see a dog I have to actually say "DOG! Aww cutie. I want it".
The internet is a great invention, really allows me to feed my dog addiction Though it's so hard to avoid online pet stores to buy things for my dogs

I almost have a whole 10 year plan for ahead of me, that accomodates to my pets needs of course!

EDIT: Thinking about it, I think my parents might be a little happy with my obsession. I could just as easily be like all my friends. But no, on a friday night, I'm being a dog nerd, instead of going out with my friends getting drunk and high and hanging out with older guys who'll take advantage of me when I'm out of it.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:27 am
my friends and family get sick of hearing about my animals aswell. im always telling people the cute things my pets do.

i can either b***h to my friends about how i hate them or i can talk about how cute my lizards are, their choice  

Shanna66
Captain

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

Kipluck
Crew

5,850 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:15 pm
Since my home-life mostly involves caring for my own animals and my job involves teaching kids about animals and now I am back in school studying animals and their care my family and friends have just come to accept pretty much anything out of my mouth is likely going to have to do with animals! Those that have issues with it (my dad) just don't really talk that much to me. To give them a much needed break from all the animal talk, though, I make it a point to come here on Gaia and blab about animals to like-minded people!  
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games