Welcome to Gaia! ::

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duellists of Gaia

Back to Guilds

YDoG is an all TCG guild for all duellists. We also cover the entire Yu-Gi-Oh! games, shows, manga and RPG. 

Tags: Yugioh, Tournament, Duel, Trading Card Game, Anime 

Reply Deck Database
Spellcaster Spell-Counter Synchro [Deck/ADV]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fox Demon Shippo

Moonlight Explorer

7,750 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:40 am
I've been really working on my Spellcaster deck lately, and it's decent,
though it's probably not as good as it could be.

This is where you come in.
I want to fine-tune my deck, and make it faster.
Faster to sync, and to gain counters.

I'd like to keep it mostly Spellcasters, but I could deal with some non-casters.
But the whole idea is to sync for Arcanite or Tempest, or at least to toolbox a synchro if I need to.

I am looking for advice, but please keep it "nice" and give me decent reasons/replacements.
Don't just tell me it sucks, or something.
If you don't like my deck, so be it, but I would rather avoid an argument or flame-war if I could.

Monsters: (21)

Apprentice Magician (x2)
Old Vindictive Magician
Frequency Magician (x3)
Geomancer of the Ice Barrier (x2)
Flamvell Magician (x2)
Magical Exemplar (x3)
Defender, the Magical Knight (x2)
Breaker the Magical Warrior (x2)
Royal Magical Library (x2)
Crusader of Endymion
Summoner Monk

Spells: (14)

Magical Citadel (x3)
Spell Power Grasp (x3)
Magical Dimension (x2)
Book of Moon
Monster Reborn
Mystical Space Typhoon
Lightning Vortex
Pot of Avarice
Double Summon

Traps: (5)

Bottomless Trap Hole (x2)
Magician's Circle
Torrential Tribute
Divine Wrath

Extra Deck: (7)

Arcanite Magician
Tempest Magician (x2)
Explosive Magician
Gaia Knight, the Force of Earth
Colossal Fighter
Stardust Dragon

My Extra Deck has all of my Synchros that this deck could actually summon in it.

I'm thinking of taking out Vindictive, but not sure.
Kinda want to add Chaos Sorcerer as well (I have two copies).
Frequency is in place of Night's End Sorcerer.
I kind of want another Double Summon, but I'm not sure if I should.
I also am thinking about Magical Marionette, as it would provide an easy sync for Arcanite,
and can be brought out with Circle.
Still not sure, though.

ANYway, thoughts and/or advice? ^^

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:16 pm
Um...anyone? sweatdrop

Fox Demon Shippo

Moonlight Explorer

7,750 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Healer 50

Fox Demon Shippo

Moonlight Explorer

7,750 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:57 pm
Updated.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 8:43 pm
I'm not sure how your deck runs just by looking at it, but I run a similar Spellcounter Deck so I'd be happy to share some of my tricks.

Spells

I'd take out 1 Citadel and replace it with a Terraforming. You shouldn't need 3 Citadels because of its effect which protects it from being destroyed.

you might consider replacing Pot of Avarice with Allure of Darkness.

otherwise your spell set is pretty good, you want this deck to be spell heavy so you can gain spell counters quickly. although you might be able to replace MST, Lightning Vortex, and Torrential with other cards, since the main focus of your deck is most likely to get out Arcanite Magician. he will get your opponent's field cleared for you once you build up a good spell counter reserve.

Traps

Good choices, you might consider running a Pitch Black Power stone for some quicky spell counters.

since its a spell heavy deck you could also try taking out all your traps and run 2 or 3 Royal Decrees. I dont, but its an idea.

Monsters

As far as tuners go, a typical synchro deck runs about 5 or 6, but for this deck I run only 4. two Arcane Apprentices (level 2) and two Psychic Commanders (lvl 3). I run an Emergency Teleport so i can special summon the Psychics from my hand or deck. the arcane apprentices I run because I also run an Arcanite /Assault Mode.

you could use a Crystal Seer for draw power, I run two.

Gravekeeper are pretty useful for this deck, i run 2 Spys and 1 Guard.

you probably need a few higher level monsters, some easy to summon ones are Magical Marrionette and The Tricky. both can be summoned with the effect of Magician's Circle or Magical Dimension. Tricky can also special summon by discarding. I run one of each.

a Chaos Sorcerer is also fun and easy to get out.

Endymion The Master Magician is a good choice too, he can also be summoned with Magical Dimension or by removing 6 spell counters from Citadel. if you put him in your deck also add a Foolish Burial since you can use the 6 spell counters trick to summon him from the grave.

Extra Deck

Aside from Staple Synchros you seem to have the core set of Spell caster Synchs

However I would run a second Arcanite Magician, he really is the core of the deck. I only run one Tempest because i rarely have enough spell counters on the field to make her effect useful, but two wont hurt you. I find it best only to summon her if I have enough spell counters on the field that i can Wipe out my opponent in one shot.

if you add the Psychic Commanders, you may also consider running a Psychic Lifetrancer (lvl 7). you can remove from play a Psychic monster in your grave to gain 1200 LPs. its not a mandatory Synch, but sometiems useful in a pitch.

T.G. Hyper Librarian is a new lvl 5 Spellcaster Synchro you could consider.

Lastly I would strongly suggest you get your hands on Supreme Arcanite Magician, the Spell caster SynchroFusion. He is a beast! just put a Miracle Synchro Fusion in your deck and as soon as your oppoent destroys one off your Spellcaster-type Synchros you can Fusion summon Supreme to replace it.

That about covers it, hope this helps!  

SkyCore

Junk 1t

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 11:13 am
When it comes to that field spell, it usually benefits that deck to use Quick-Play spells instead of traps.  
Deck Database

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games