Welcome to Gaia! ::

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duellists of Gaia

Back to Guilds

YDoG is an all TCG guild for all duellists. We also cover the entire Yu-Gi-Oh! games, shows, manga and RPG. 

Tags: Yugioh, Tournament, Duel, Trading Card Game, Anime 

Reply Domino City
3 way duel questions?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TimithyEcho

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:38 am
well since i cant find any solid answers anywhere else on the interwebs.

Now i play alot of 3way duels with friends of mine. (none by the banlist) and whenever something comes up like raigeki or whatever we arent sure if it effects both or 1. just like with swords of revealing light.

i know there arent any official rules to these type of things (not that i know of anyway) so any help would be very appreciated,  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:59 am
unlike tag duels, 3-ways are a free for all. you have to choose which opponant to affect.  

oucyan

Lavish Demigod

32,350 Points
  • Tax Evader 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100

TimithyEcho

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:21 am
axean
unlike tag duels, 3-ways are a free for all. you have to choose which opponant to affect.

ok for like beast king barbaros's effect you must choose someone to destroy but dark hole would mess everyones day up?

(just making sure i understand it.)  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:00 am
I believe I've seen threads similar to this on this guild before.  

B1g_crunch

Questionable Loiterer

8,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Flatterer 200

oucyan

Lavish Demigod

32,350 Points
  • Tax Evader 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:46 pm
SOLIDNSNAKE
axean

ok for like beast king barbaros's effect you must choose someone to destroy but dark hole would mess everyones day up?

yeah. thats how it worked when jaden and jesse dueled darkness in a three way in the anime, so i assume it would work that way in real life.

there are no set rules for tag and free for all duels, since konami never made any. it's always best to agree upon fair rules before you start a duel involving more than two players.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:20 pm
Swords it's, you can't be targeted for an attack for 3 of your turns.  

Kunx the Mighty

TimithyEcho

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:22 pm
axean
SOLIDNSNAKE
axean

yeah. thats how it worked when jaden and jesse dueled darkness in a three way in the anime, so i assume it would work that way in real life.

there are no set rules for tag and free for all duels, since konami never made any. it's always best to agree upon fair rules before you start a duel involving more than two players.

ah cause like some cards are confusing lol. like beast king, cease fire (not sure if i flip ALL and then choice an opponent or what on that)
chaos emperor dragon, i dunno. really dont lol but i do thank you guys for the help you are giving. and also im thinking of putting dark simorgh in my deck seeing as how that card is crazy! (sorry tog et off topic lol)  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:01 am
It's quite simple really. Since Konami never ACTUALLY came up with rules for 3-way duels, you and your opponents get to decide on the rules. smile If you want Raigeki to effect everyone, then you'd want to state before the duel that you want a destructive spell card to effect both opponents, not just one.  

Thought Ruler Archfiend

TimithyEcho

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:31 am
Trey Dorien
It's quite simple really. Since Konami never ACTUALLY came up with rules for 3-way duels, you and your opponents get to decide on the rules. smile If you want Raigeki to effect everyone, then you'd want to state before the duel that you want a destructive spell card to effect both opponents, not just one.
ehh but thats when your opponent complains thats not fair or whatever. so i figured ide ask you cause alot of you know a nice amount.  
Domino City

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games