Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
Help, please

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Queen Hera Kami

Sweet Wife

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:21 pm
Hello. Well at this point in life im rather lost in who i am and who i like. To cut it short i like a girls, i like guys, meaning im bi? Now heres where i have my trouble. Just starting today im dating a guy, which has been for almost a month, its on the 28 ^^ but i like this girl, just as much as i like my boyfriend. So today i talked to him about her, i simply asked 'Would you care if i dated you and another girl?' He answered 'Its hot but we'b be fighting over you but i wouldn't mind'. So i asked the girl out and told her about what was going on. Well she said yes to my amazement. From others point of few, this is a wonderful relationship. Having a boyfriend and a girlfriend but im slightly stressed. For one, i don't know what to call this relationship. And second, i never dated a girl before, even though i really wanted to. I couldn't date a girl cause of my parents and family, now that im dating one, im afraid for my safety. I just need advice on the situation.
-One; What do i call this relationship?
-Two; What are some tips to have a girlfriend?
-Three; What to do in with my family?

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 2:00 pm
You have one tough situation in your hands, huh? :/ Lemme see if I can help... There will be a lot of ranting, but lemme try to answer your questions as best as possible.

Okay, for the first one: What do you call this relationship? Hmmm... I've never been in a situation like that before. I've dated a girl, and I've dated a guy, but definitely not at the same time. I'm not sure if you're still in that situation? Maybe you could call it a "triangle relationship" sort of thing? I can't really help much there.

For the second: What are some tips to have a girlfriend? What exactly are you asking for that? If you're asking "How do I keep my relationship alive with her?", then it's pretty much the same with men: HONESTY AND TRUST. Those are two extremely important things in a relationship, whether it be with female or male. The last female I dated cheated on me with my ex boyfriend, so it hurt, yes. Just be honest with her, and treat her as you would a boyfriend, just with a girl. I'm not sure who the "male" figure is in the relationship, but just be kind and honest and be true to yourself. If she's dating you, it's because she likes you. Don't change who you are to please her. It's a huge turn-off for a lot of people. If you have anything specific to ask, you can reply to this or message me. Haha.

For the third: What to do with your family? Hmmm... Do your parents KNOW you're bisexual? If not, that's tough. I would say come out to them and tell them you're bi, but only do so with someone you feel safe with; for example, your girlfriend and/or boyfriend, a family member you're close to, or your best friend. That way, they can back you up when needed. I had my bestfriend with me when I came out to my mother. If not, maybe you should ask a professional(it can be anon) how to come out to your parents safely. If they decide to hurt you, call CPS(Child Protective Services). Your safety is what matters. You can't keep hiding it from them forever. They're bound to find out, and it's not fair to the girl to hide holding hands or kissing her in public. That'll steer her away from you. And don't forget: There are people who care about you.

If you have any other questions, go ahead and contact me! I'm more than willing to help. And good luck with the situation! I hope I answered them well enough.  

Oreo Panda16

3,800 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200

noigel

Dapper Sentai

9,700 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 2:33 pm
You are in a polyamoric relationship. The ideal is called polyamory. The person is called a polyamorist.
IMO. I would never do it if I was bisexual. I think its just bad for the stereotypes. And the fact that he lets you do it because he think its hot makes em feel he doesn't really care much about you. As for the other girl..I dunno...maybe the same thing if she's willing to let you be with another guy...
I just think it's a bad idea. You three might get caught all up in favoritism and all that jazz.. But.. If it works out, then alrighty then.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:14 pm
Yuki Fujioka
Hello. Well at this point in life im rather lost in who i am and who i like. To cut it short i like a girls, i like guys, meaning im bi? Now heres where i have my trouble. Just starting today im dating a guy, which has been for almost a month, its on the 28 ^^ but i like this girl, just as much as i like my boyfriend. So today i talked to him about her, i simply asked 'Would you care if i dated you and another girl?' He answered 'Its hot but we'b be fighting over you but i wouldn't mind'. So i asked the girl out and told her about what was going on. Well she said yes to my amazement. From others point of few, this is a wonderful relationship. Having a boyfriend and a girlfriend but im slightly stressed. For one, i don't know what to call this relationship. And second, i never dated a girl before, even though i really wanted to. I couldn't date a girl cause of my parents and family, now that im dating one, im afraid for my safety. I just need advice on the situation.
-One; What do i call this relationship?
-Two; What are some tips to have a girlfriend?
-Three; What to do in with my family?

U just have to take ur time with things is all. For one there is nothing wrong with what ur doing if everybody is ok with it. But u call it 3 WAY relationship, and u may like girls the way they look and all but what happens when it comes down to sex. i mean im gay, love guys. But there are them times when i see some girls that i like and would date but i know it would never work because im gay and would never do anything with them. Lets not forget ur still a guy....so there will be always a part of u that still like girls. and ur family, u dont have to tell them if its that big of a issue for u. This is ur life, but i think ur family will still love u no matter what!  

Sintheimp

2,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100

lilla muchi

Beloved Shapeshifter

7,250 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:24 pm
Its an open relationship in away, lol, i mean if they both agree and know about each other, dating another girl is actually (in my book) easier. think of things you like and what she likes, the best gf most times can also be your best friend and unlike guys (no offense) are more understanding and open about how they feel. With your family be open about it they will (or at least should) love you no matter what you sexual orientation. If you are uncomfortable with telling them though its simple, don't, most parents would rather not know what your doing behind closed doors anyways. ^_^  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:21 pm
For your first question, that's not necessarily a relationship. You may love the both, and go out on dates, make out etc. But that's not a relationship. The first thing you should do is decide who you would rather date. Not who would take it better, who do you want to date more? It's hard when you're curious. In my opinion, I would break it off with one of them, or maybe even both. But that is simply my opinion. I know you must love them, but I disagree with relationships like that as they are not true relationships.

For your second questions, tips on having a girlfriend.. well it's exactly like having a boyfriend. You don't treat them any differently. Just make sure you're ready to be viewed as a bi-sexual/lesbian.

Then for your third question, it depends on your family. If you truly believe you are bi-sexual then you have to tell your parents some time. But if you are still wondering, give hints to your parents. Letting them know you may end up being a bi-sexual so they won't take it as hard- if they would in the first place. Truly, it's hard to give advice with families as no one knows them better than you.
I hope everything works out for you, and hope some stress is lifted off your shoulders~ ^_^

The Bodacious Soul Reaper

Odourless-Solvent

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:08 am
Call the relationship whatever you want. It doesn't need a name or status as long there is love. That is what I said to myself when I was similar situation.

I dated a guy who was in another relationship with another guy. They were together wayyyy before I was in the picture.It was an open relationship allowing us to see others apart from each other.

Did I think it was hot? Yes and no but enjoyed spending time with them and that's all that mattered to me.

Do I think it was a true relationship? Yeah. It only works if there is trust and honesty or things can get messy.

I found someone along the way and very happy to be living with him in a monogamous relationship.

I have no regrets. It was the best 4 years. Met other partners with more then one partner that have been together for a while. It was a tally quite inspiring.
I learnt a lot. We are all good friends including my current bf.

smile

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff