Welcome to Gaia! ::

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duellists of Gaia

Back to Guilds

YDoG is an all TCG guild for all duellists. We also cover the entire Yu-Gi-Oh! games, shows, manga and RPG. 

Tags: Yugioh, Tournament, Duel, Trading Card Game, Anime 

Reply Domino City
Dragunity mixups

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

More basic WIND support?
  Yes
  No
  I prefer scraps =P
View Results

B1g_crunch

Questionable Loiterer

8,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:31 am
So with the new Dragunity structure deck out (with some good basic cards such as mirror force and united we stand), I'm trying to tink of some good ideas for the deck. The main dragons I want to keep have bonus effect when equiped to another monster, and for the winged-beasts I've tried thinking up some combos.

The first is harpie-dragoons (bondage dragons), and what the main goal (as is almost every other deck out there) is fast-paced swarming capabilities, with harpies being powered up, and possibly bringing out synchros like vortex and some basic synchro dragunity and basic dragons. What I like i particular about this deck is not only the low levels of harpies like #1 (to give an added attack boost), but also the lack of some harpies outside of birdface and queen letting you splash in other basic winged beasts, such as sonic shooter (which can change its original attack and keep attacking directly with it, even if its equiped dragons are removed), and Alector (which is easy to bring out, has good attack, good negation, and can be abused with the dragons being directly equiped to it).

I've heard of Blackfeather-dragoons, cyberdark-dragoons, and I've though of a mist valley-dragunity combo that I'm still struggling to make work. My ideal deck right now is probably a mix of the basic draon-type dragunity monsters, some dragunity synchros + vortex for quick reclaim, and about 3 different winged beast dragunity, mixed together with the basic birds like sonic shooter and Alector mentioned above.

For now I don't have a complete deck recipe, but I'll be sure to post one soon for critique on how bad it'll probably be (remeber, I suck at deck construction), and some tips on how to make it run smoother. For now though, post some ideas of your own on the dragunity archtype, and maybe discuss its functions and usability.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:03 pm
Dragoon riders:

Monsters: 20

Alector
Dragunity Arma Mystletainn
Harpie lady #1 x2
Hunter owl x2
Dragunity Darkspear x2
Dragunity Brandistock x2
Dragunity Corsesca x2
Dragunity Militum x2
Dragunity phalanx x2
Sonic shooter x2
Dragunity Dux x2

Spells: 12

Mountains x3
Dragon mastery x3
M.S.T. x2
Dragon's gunfire x2
Cards of consonance x2

Traps: 8

Wild tornado x2
Icarus attack x2
Mirror force
Magic cylinder
Starlight road x2

Extra deck: 9

Dragunity knight - Barcha x2
Dragunity knight - Gae Bolg x2
Vortex the whirlwind x2
Stardust dragon x3

The point of this deck is to equip the dragunity dragons straight form the hand, or summon them to synchro and equip to the Dragunity knights. Stardust is included to special with starlight road, or to synchro summon regularly.

There's plenty I want to add to this, but I know it should be as close to 40 as possible. I went over dragon ravine, and without avarice I'm not entirely comfortable using it.

One of my ideas was including divine wind, but since there are no return cards (I was thinking of including when looking over dragunity-mist valley), I took it away.

Cards of conosence was included to add draw power, and to allow dragons in the graveyard for the winged-beast dragunities to use.

Please comment, critique, and possibly post your own ideas for the archtype.  

B1g_crunch

Questionable Loiterer

8,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Flatterer 200
Domino City

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items