Welcome to Gaia! ::

Poll Jumpers

Back to Guilds

Tags: Poll, Jumpers, Topical 

Reply Poll Jumpers Anonymous
Fo' cereal, I never knew a Kitimat existed....

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you from Kitimat?
  Yes!
  No!
View Results

Gemstone
Crew

7,250 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:17 pm
.....before I met those of you here who are from there, and then today I find out one of my co-workers grew up there. gonk You guys probably wouldn't know him as he's in his thirties and thereby he graduated years before the rest of you Kitimat-ers did, but I can't get over how many people are from there that I've met, when I never even knew about Kitimat until a little after I joined PJ's. redface heart  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:48 pm
Gemstone
.....before I met those of you here who are from there, and then today I find out one of my co-workers grew up there. gonk You guys probably wouldn't know him as he's in his thirties and thereby he graduated years before the rest of you Kitimat-ers did, but I can't get over how many people are from there that I've met, when I never even knew about Kitimat until a little after I joined PJ's. redface heart

rofl You'd be surprised! Kitimat is a very small town, so last names stick out! (For instance - I don't believe Isabella, Kninja, Hybrys, Pixie or CerealBoxBunny have ever met my uncles - but they'd recognize the lastname in a heartbeat).

Also - I'm surprised EVERY DAY by how many people actually know of Kitimat!

Buying a bus ticket/ airplane ticket, 'Oh Terrace! I know that place!' or 'Oh Kitimat! I've been there/have relatives there/vacation there!'

Even SCA stuff! Seriously! I was e-mailing the Kingdom Scribal lady, and mentioned where I was from (ie: Just moved from the END of nowhere [Kitimat, BC], to the MIDDLE of nowhere [Cranbrook, BC])
And she's been to SCA events up there a few times! (evidently, shortly before my time!).

I was just . . . Say what? @_@ NOONE travels to Kitimat on purpose, though! (only ... they do, apparently).

Also - Small Town Rules: No matter WHERE, no matter HOW SHORT a trip, you will ALWAYS bump into someone either from your home town, from nearby your small town, or who used to live in or near your home town.
Srsly. Everytime.  

Naito_Mitsukai
Crew

Pixie_Moyra

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:25 pm
everyone should come visit. :3  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:57 pm
Yeah, like Naito said... I bet we could figure out all their relatives just by hearing a last name, lol.

I dunno though, I live in Vancouver/Burnaby and nobody ever knows where Kitimat is when I say that's where I'm from. Most are surprised it's in BC! Haha. From time to time, I get on a sharing-basis with customers, and the only time somebody knew what I was talking about was when it was an old dude from Prince Rupert, lol.

The new girl at work is from Merritt and we talk about small towns a bit. She's all "We had to drive to Kamloops for movies!" which is about the same as Kitimatians going to Terrace, lol. But they have a Walmart/other box stores in Merritt so it can't be that small.  

Isabelle
Captain

9,450 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Alchemy Level 2 100

Flying Mojo
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:08 pm
We had to drive over an hour to go to Pizza Hut (back when they had the Pogs!).  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:14 pm
Flying Mojo
We had to drive over an hour to go to Pizza Hut (back when they had the Pogs!).

Oh man! I miss pogs!! biggrin heart

Yup 45+ minute drive @ 100kph to get to the nearest Pizza hut, in Kitimat

BUT there were two small pizza businesses in town, so it's not like we were pizza-less!  

Naito_Mitsukai
Crew

Poll Jumpers Anonymous

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces