Welcome to Gaia! ::

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duellists of Gaia

Back to Guilds

YDoG is an all TCG guild for all duellists. We also cover the entire Yu-Gi-Oh! games, shows, manga and RPG. 

Tags: Yugioh, Tournament, Duel, Trading Card Game, Anime 

Reply Domino City
How can I explain this?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yusaru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:11 am
Okay, so here it goes. I know that Normal summoning and flip summoning are two different things, but this guy that I just got playing the game about three to five months ago doesn't get the difference.

He flip summoned his Defender, the magical knight and tried to use it's effect. I told him that he can't, that it had to be normal summoned.

Does anyone have a better idea of how I could explain this to him?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:20 am
when ever I feel someone doesn't grasp the basics, i send them this

http://www.yugioh-card.com/en/gameplay/demo.html  

Junk 1t

Space Toad -B

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:38 am
Normal Summon is how you would normally summon a card; you place the monster card directly from your hand to the field, in face-up attack position.

Flip Summon is exactly as it sounds, when you manually(without card effect) flip the card from face-down defense into face-up attack.

Special Summon is also exactly as it sounds - it's special. Every Special Summon follows a certain requirement or card effect stated in the card text, as explained in the rulebook.

For a better, faster result, just have them read the rulebook.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:13 am
Junk 1t
when ever I feel someone doesn't grasp the basics, i send them this

http://www.yugioh-card.com/en/gameplay/demo.html

Thanks! =) (It was also very fun to watch! lol)  

Yusaru

Yusaru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:17 am
Mustard Like Soup
Normal Summon is how you would normally summon a card; you place the monster card directly from your hand to the field, in face-up attack position.

Flip Summon is exactly as it sounds, when you manually(without card effect) flip the card from face-down defense into face-up attack.

Special Summon is also exactly as it sounds - it's special. Every Special Summon follows a certain requirement or card effect stated in the card text, as explained in the rulebook.

For a better, faster result, just have them read the rulebook.

Thanks! =) I haven't really explained it like that! and getting him to read the rule book is going to be hard considering, he refuses to read it. He says "I'll just let you teach me instead" and then he argues with me!...Oi vay......  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:28 pm
Brooklyn Bridge and Golden Gate Bridge are both bridges but aren't the same bridge.

Bridge = Summon
Brooklyn = Normal
Golden Gate = Flip (because of the earthquakes)

Herp derp.  

Gravitational Molestation

Domino City

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces