Welcome to Gaia! ::

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duellists of Gaia

Back to Guilds

YDoG is an all TCG guild for all duellists. We also cover the entire Yu-Gi-Oh! games, shows, manga and RPG. 

Tags: Yugioh, Tournament, Duel, Trading Card Game, Anime 

Reply Domino City
Justice Bringer

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Australian Igloo

Shirtless Bloodsucker

7,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:57 am
I just bought a Yusei Pack and got Justice Bringer. Its effect is pretty p.i.m.p so i was wondering if you guys thought it was worth putting in a side-deck since it can stop quite a few OTKs and is cool.
Advice?

I run a scrap deck so its no big addition to my deck but i'm considering putting it in my side  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:47 am
Not worth it.  

Space Toad -B

Space Toad -B

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:40 am
Mustard Like Soup
Not worth it.
Quote rather than edit, now that I have more time to expand on my reasons why, and to bring the attention to more users as to understand.

Justice Bringer is made to be appealing to players with minimal to no experience, would prefer something that didn't have a mandatory sacrifice like Doomcaliber Knight, and at the same time looked cool and was given a name with appropriate typing to be more appealing to these players. It is, however, a shallow alternative of Doomcaliber Knight. While yes, it doesn't have to sacrifice itself on the first effect that goes off (including your own), it's extremely limited in versatility.

1700 attack is fairly mediocre, as we know in this game, anything short of 1900 attack (1800 being borderline) proves to be a difficult no-cost, no-requirement beater meant to remain on the field on its own strength. And with a once-per-turn effect, staying on the field is exactly what Justice Bringer needs to do.

Being able to only lay a finger on monsters that your opponent Special Summons is also a tragic limitation of Justice Bringer. Caius the Shadow Monarch remains to be a dominant figure in the realm of "Tribute and smash", and it doesn't stand up to HERO Beat or Gladiator Beasts at all with the frequent Normal Summoning. It only makes your opponent find a simple solution to an already simple play; smash it first, then activate.

The third limitation on Justice Bringer rendering it cold, is the ability to only negate an effect once, and nothing else. It doesn't remove the threat after shutting it down like Doomcaliber Knight, and it doesn't prevent the threat from trying it again like Effect Veiler. Once per turn effects, effects that require leave-the-field costs, and "upon Special Summon" effects are really all you're ever going to be able to say no to, and everything else is just there to laugh. Most monsters that do Special Summon do have the stats to bring Justice Bringer down, or have an effect they can use more than once in a turn.

I just bought ten of the Duelist Pack: Yusei 3 today, and I got everything I wanted out of it. There's really no investing in the pack that has noteworthy foil print. Reprint Effect Veiler and Starlight Road is what makes this set, and they're both released with a silver name.

If you're going to side anything similar, and does the job better, it's Effect Veiler.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:03 pm
Mustard Like Soup
Mustard Like Soup
Not worth it.
Quote rather than edit, now that I have more time to expand on my reasons why, and to bring the attention to more users as to understand.

Justice Bringer is made to be appealing to players with minimal to no experience, would prefer something that didn't have a mandatory sacrifice like Doomcaliber Knight, and at the same time looked cool and was given a name with appropriate typing to be more appealing to these players. It is, however, a shallow alternative of Doomcaliber Knight. While yes, it doesn't have to sacrifice itself on the first effect that goes off (including your own), it's extremely limited in versatility.

1700 attack is fairly mediocre, as we know in this game, anything short of 1900 attack (1800 being borderline) proves to be a difficult no-cost, no-requirement beater meant to remain on the field on its own strength. And with a once-per-turn effect, staying on the field is exactly what Justice Bringer needs to do.

Being able to only lay a finger on monsters that your opponent Special Summons is also a tragic limitation of Justice Bringer. Caius the Shadow Monarch remains to be a dominant figure in the realm of "Tribute and smash", and it doesn't stand up to HERO Beat or Gladiator Beasts at all with the frequent Normal Summoning. It only makes your opponent find a simple solution to an already simple play; smash it first, then activate.

The third limitation on Justice Bringer rendering it cold, is the ability to only negate an effect once, and nothing else. It doesn't remove the threat after shutting it down like Doomcaliber Knight, and it doesn't prevent the threat from trying it again like Effect Veiler. Once per turn effects, effects that require leave-the-field costs, and "upon Special Summon" effects are really all you're ever going to be able to say no to, and everything else is just there to laugh. Most monsters that do Special Summon do have the stats to bring Justice Bringer down, or have an effect they can use more than once in a turn.

I just bought ten of the Duelist Pack: Yusei 3 today, and I got everything I wanted out of it. There's really no investing in the pack that has noteworthy foil print. Reprint Effect Veiler and Starlight Road is what makes this set, and they're both released with a silver name.

If you're going to side anything similar, and does the job better, it's Effect Veiler.

This, this, a thousand times this. Monsters with the capability to activate effect more-than-once-per-turn (which are frequent) are easily going to skirt around this, and most players are smart enough to use at least 2-3 beatsticks, even if they do run the kind of deck where the majority is low-attack.

This card is a gimmick that looks pretty, and nothing more.  

B1g_crunch

Questionable Loiterer

8,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Flatterer 200

Gravitational Molestation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:16 pm
Most I could see this used against is GK Descendant, just to protect the backrow prior to the Necro-pumped attack.  
Domino City

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games