Welcome to Gaia! ::

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duellists of Gaia

Back to Guilds

YDoG is an all TCG guild for all duellists. We also cover the entire Yu-Gi-Oh! games, shows, manga and RPG. 

Tags: Yugioh, Tournament, Duel, Trading Card Game, Anime 

Reply Domino City
Help building a sideboard?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pheso

Dapper Capitalist

5,650 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:55 am
I may not play competitively as I used to anymore but some new people who come to the shop I'm near sure as hell do. I've gotten buddy-buddy with them and I hear that two of them are running Sams when they come out and the other is going for a scrapkeeper build.

That got me thinking that I finally have to focus my sidedeck.

The current deck I'm running is a Skull Servant variant that has served me well. Sadly, I cant exactly use Skill drain with these guys so Sams are going to hurt me.

So, what I'm currently thinking siding:

2 Cyber Dragon
2 Soul Release
2 Chaos Sorcerer (run with dragon just on the off chance I get to use it. Also one hell of a counter-counter if CD baits destruction)
2 Warrior Elimination (essentially a second Dark Hole against Sams since none of them will be likely to be played face-down.)
2 Thunder King Rai-oh
2 Horus the Black Flame Dragon LVL 6
2 Closed Forest (grabbed the idea from Grav because of his topic, but I still need to buy them)
1 Terraforming (ala grav)

Thoughts? Suggestions? Blatant insults?  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:03 am
Sadly, warrior elimination isn't going to help stop the sams if they OTK you, which they can do. I suggest siding something that can prevent them from swarming. I suggest siding 3 Twister to kill their continuous spells. mainly gateway. warrior elimination is still a good side, but without twister it's kinda moot. with 2 MST and 3 Twister, you pretty much have a consistant draw to kill their Gateways.

so

-2 Horus LV6
-2 Chaos Sorc
+3 Twister
+1 ???  

oucyan

Lavish Demigod

32,350 Points
  • Tax Evader 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100

Pheso

Dapper Capitalist

5,650 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:08 am
Twister at 1 and WE at 1...sounds good to me. I forgot about the whole "it has to be played on your turn" thing...for some reason <.<

Though I'm guessing any sane samurai player would expect a plethora of anti-spell cards like twister and mst though. They might not expect a second dark whole.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:10 am
Oh, didn't see your edits.

Horus 6 was basically for anything that WASN'T Sams or Scrap, haha.

And one must admit that a Chaos after a CD gets negated is a rather good move.

Maybe leave them and at one and just add two twister?  

Pheso

Dapper Capitalist

5,650 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200

oucyan

Lavish Demigod

32,350 Points
  • Tax Evader 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:11 am
Pheso
Twister at 1 and WE at 1...sounds good to me. I forgot about the whole "it has to be played on your turn" thing...for some reason <.<

Though I'm guessing any sane samurai player would expect a plethora of anti-spell cards like twister and mst though. They might not expect a second dark whole.

they won't need to expect it, they'll more than likely OTK you before you can play it.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:12 am
Pheso

sounds good to me. if your running onl 4 lights, all of which are side decked, 2 chaos sorc is too much. kinda.  

oucyan

Lavish Demigod

32,350 Points
  • Tax Evader 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100

Pheso

Dapper Capitalist

5,650 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:40 am
axean
Pheso

sounds good to me. if your running onl 4 lights, all of which are side decked, 2 chaos sorc is too much. kinda.

5 actually. I use Prisma as a searcher even though I probably shouldn't.

Maybe a decklist would help a bit, heh. Making one now before I go to bed (just got off a 10-6 night shift).  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:08 am
posted:
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?page=1&t=20826325#290959643

I have somehow misplaced my 2 "Book of Moon"s  

Pheso

Dapper Capitalist

5,650 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200

Gravitational Molestation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:54 am
Pheso
I may not play competitively as I used to anymore but some new people who come to the shop I'm near sure as hell do. I've gotten buddy-buddy with them and I hear that two of them are running Sams when they come out and the other is going for a scrapkeeper build.

The current deck I'm running is a Skull Servant variant that has served me well. Sadly, I cant exactly use Skill drain with these guys so Sams are going to hurt me.

2 Cyber Dragon
2 Soul Release Why?
2 Chaos Sorcerer (run with dragon just on the off chance I get to use it. Also one hell of a counter-counter if CD baits destruction) Are the Cydras going to be your only lights? I honestly have no idea which of the Skull Servant support cards are light :v
2 Warrior Elimination (essentially a second Dark Hole against Sams since none of them will be likely to be played face-down.) Below I'll list some more ideas I've been pulling from the OCG
2 Thunder King Rai-oh
2 Horus the Black Flame Dragon LVL 6 Why?
2 Closed Forest (grabbed the idea from Grav because of his topic, but I still need to buy them)

The shout outs are very much appreciated heart

As for Samurai, which I'll start a discussion on in a little while...
Puppet Plant
Gozen Match
Chain Disappearance

Puppet Plant is basically a free Brain Control for Warriors. I wouldn't suggest using it though, due to the fact that I BELIEVE the Skull Servant deck doesn't synchro at all.

Gozen Match is a brilliant piece of work. All the Samurai monsters are different attributes. It's actually going to be my own counter to them once they come out. It's also good against Debris Plants as most of the monsters switch between wind, dark, light and earth. I wouldn't side more than one in against Debris Plants but against Samurai, definitely two.

Chain Disappearance. I love this card, and have for ages. It hits EVERYTHING in Debris Plants except Hamster and Caius. Against Samurai you'll hit Spirits and their Marauding Captain type monster (the one that's 500 but gains 1200 if you have another Samurai on the field... provided by it's "I special summon one because you normal summoned me" effect).

Thunder King Rai-Oh. I'd side them in against the Samurai, at least for trial and error testing. It shuts down their SEVEN RotAs (Gateway x3, Shien Smoke Ball x3, RotA). However, it has to fear the Grandmasters and stronger Samurai.

Dimensional Prison. Removes, doesn't destroy. This is a general good choice to bring in against them. I'd even drop the BTHs from the maindeck simply because Samurai will laugh and dodge with their Maurading Captain and force you to use the BTH on the Samurai brought out by its effect. In theory. I haven't tested that one at all.

Kinetic Soldier. Do I have to explain this one?

Still working on more counters myself. I'm really liking Gozen Match and Kinetic Soldier.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:08 am
Pheso

2 Cyber Dragon
2 Soul Release Why?
2 Chaos Sorcerer (run with dragon just on the off chance I get to use it. Also one hell of a counter-counter if CD baits destruction) Are the Cydras going to be your only lights? I honestly have no idea which of the Skull Servant support cards are light :v
2 Warrior Elimination (essentially a second Dark Hole against Sams since none of them will be likely to be played face-down.) Below I'll list some more ideas I've been pulling from the OCG
2 Thunder King Rai-oh
2 Horus the Black Flame Dragon LVL 6 Why?

The shout outs are very much appreciated heart

As for Samurai, which I'll start a discussion on in a little while...
Puppet Plant
Gozen Match
Chain Disappearance

Puppet Plant is basically a free Brain Control for Warriors. I wouldn't suggest using it though, due to the fact that I BELIEVE the Skull Servant deck doesn't synchro at all.

Gozen Match is a brilliant piece of work. All the Samurai monsters are different attributes. It's actually going to be my own counter to them once they come out. It's also good against Debris Plants as most of the monsters switch between wind, dark, light and earth. I wouldn't side more than one in against Debris Plants but against Samurai, definitely two.

Chain Disappearance. I love this card, and have for ages. It hits EVERYTHING in Debris Plants except Hamster and Caius. Against Samurai you'll hit Spirits and their Marauding Captain type monster (the one that's 500 but gains 1200 if you have another Samurai on the field... provided by it's "I special summon one because you normal summoned me" effect).

Thunder King Rai-Oh. I'd side them in against the Samurai, at least for trial and error testing. It shuts down their SEVEN RotAs (Gateway x3, Shien Smoke Ball x3, RotA). However, it has to fear the Grandmasters and stronger Samurai.

Dimensional Prison. Removes, doesn't destroy. This is a general good choice to bring in against them. I'd even drop the BTHs from the maindeck simply because Samurai will laugh and dodge with their Maurading Captain and force you to use the BTH on the Samurai brought out by its effect. In theory. I haven't tested that one at all.

Kinetic Soldier. Do I have to explain this one?

Still working on more counters myself. I'm really liking Gozen Match and Kinetic Soldier.

I don't play in a fully competitive field. Most of my matches are local-level with buddies from my local millenium.

Soul release for other zombie types and quickdraw variants, though Chain Disappearance would probably be better for that. Though, Soul Release hits my own grave to to make use of Wightmare while Chain's only benefit is that it hits Kageki, Debris and Quickdraw which, if timed right, can end the duel in your favor...but it ONLY hits them...though they're very key cards. I'll probably make the switch.

Horus was to counter most anything else...but I can probably take it out for something else.

I also posted a decklist here: http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?page=1&t=20826325#290960925  

Pheso

Dapper Capitalist

5,650 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:53 am
I saw the decklist, I'm just too lazy to research the archtype in this case. :v  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:43 am
I saw the decklist, I'm just too lazy to research the archtype in this case. :v

Main focus of the deck is glass cannon. Get KoSS out hard, fast, and in multiples to end it quickly. Protect him and Wightmare (card that lets you revive from grave or RGF) at all costs.

I splashed in Prisma to dump Skull Servants, Morphing Jar for dumping and search, and Magical Merchant for mass dumping and search for one of my several revival cards.

(It sounds worse describing it like that than it actually is. It's a great otk deck that sets up nice and easy if you know half of what you're doing.)  

Pheso

Dapper Capitalist

5,650 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200

Junk 1t

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:39 am
Tuner's Scheme, my fav side and it can really mess with some decks  
Domino City

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff