Welcome to Gaia! ::

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duellists of Gaia

Back to Guilds

YDoG is an all TCG guild for all duellists. We also cover the entire Yu-Gi-Oh! games, shows, manga and RPG. 

Tags: Yugioh, Tournament, Duel, Trading Card Game, Anime 

Reply Domino City
We don't really have an out of context forum so...yeah...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pheso

Dapper Capitalist

5,650 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:25 pm
...anyone remember beyblades?

I was digging through my old stuff and found my old collection of parts and launchers. Of course, these caught my attention and I spent all day playing with them rather than clean the sty that is my room.

I called up my friends and, as it turns out, a bunch of them still have their old ones (the almost completely plastic ones before they added those weird gimmicks like magnetic cores and engines).

So...we're gonna have a beyblade tournament instead of/along side a yugioh one next week.

I just came here to inquire if any of you knew anything about them and to ask if these are decent builds:

"Storm Crow"
-Cross Griffon AR (from the hidden spirits model for Griffolyon)
-Six Wide WR
-Right-Spin-Gear
-Fantom Grip Base (from Dragoon F)

Mainly focuses on smash attacking with the weight ring and the hefty claws that Cross-Griffon has. I've been able to get down this "Sliding Shoot" thing. It's awkward to do with the small launchers I have, but effective when I get it right.

"Wild Hellion"
-Dual Dragon (from Dragoon F)
-Six Heavy WR
-Right-Spin-Gear
-Spiral Change Base, Pointed-Mode (from Dranzer-S)

It's basically a heavy, defensive blade designed to tank every hit. Hell, weighing them by hand I'd have to say that this blade is at least 2-3 times as heavy as the other one.

But yeah, I don't plan on buying any extra parts, but I have parts from:

-Jumping Base
-Dranzer-S
-Dragoon-F
-Galeon (sadly I have lost the primary attack ring. I would have really loved to use this in my defensive model)
-Griffolyon
-Master Drigger
-Dragoon Grip Attacker
-(this one I forget the name for. It's a small one in all black with a small AR that has three small points and then three larger points aligned in an opposing triangle pattern)  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:31 am
note: I know that the base from Dragoon Grip Attacker would be my best option for the first one, but I cannot find the rubber tip that came with it.  

Pheso

Dapper Capitalist

5,650 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200

Pheso

Dapper Capitalist

5,650 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:37 pm
bump...?  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:16 am
I remember Beyblades. I remember... making fun of the very concept of Beyblades... then I put Beyblades out of my head.

That's my history with the franchise.  

Legendary Pirate Plasma

2,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100

Pheso

Dapper Capitalist

5,650 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:05 am
Legendary Pirate Plasma
I remember Beyblades. I remember... making fun of the very concept of Beyblades... then I put Beyblades out of my head.

=P It's not like the concept of paying $20 for a piece of cardboard is much more appealing.

I suppose I came to the wrong place to ask, but there are no decent guilds on the subject anywhere on gaia.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:07 pm
ah Beyblade. Great anime. Horrible Childrens Battle Top Game. I couldn't get them to battle each other at all outside a bowl.  

oucyan

Lavish Demigod

32,350 Points
  • Tax Evader 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100

Legendary Pirate Plasma

2,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:42 pm
Pheso
Legendary Pirate Plasma

=P It's not like the concept of paying $20 for a piece of cardboard is much more appealing.

I suppose I came to the wrong place to ask, but there are no decent guilds on the subject anywhere on gaia.

Your first statement is true. I just see the logic in a card game moreso than a battle top game. But that's just my opinion.

As for the lack of decent guilds, I feel your pain. Only Magic: The Gathering guild I found that was decent and active was run by a bunch of elitist Nazi-esque rulemongers and as for The Spoils, no guilds I've ever found on the subject.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:50 am
Legendary Pirate Plasma
Pheso
Legendary Pirate Plasma

Your first statement is true. I just see the logic in a card game moreso than a battle top game. But that's just my opinion.

As for the lack of decent guilds, I feel your pain. Only Magic: The Gathering guild I found that was decent and active was run by a bunch of elitist Nazi-esque rulemongers and as for The Spoils, no guilds I've ever found on the subject.
Spoils guilds on gaia? Please it's hard enough to find players anywhere period.

I used to play beyblades a lot. There is some strategy in the gimmick tops. I liked the Wolborg base. It had a separate piece that could spin independently of the top as a whole. Then get the Galzzy sub attack ring, and the Galeon main attack ring. This give you a tight compact Beyblade that pretty much ignores hits. Hits are reduced by the free spinning sub attack ring, and again by the base. The only time I remember this getting beaten is when something hits it while the sub ring is stopped by a hit or if they are low enough to get under the attack ring since the Wolbrog base is pretty high"  

Burakku_Kitsune

5,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • First step to fame 200
Domino City

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out