Welcome to Gaia! ::

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duellists of Gaia

Back to Guilds

YDoG is an all TCG guild for all duellists. We also cover the entire Yu-Gi-Oh! games, shows, manga and RPG. 

Tags: Yugioh, Tournament, Duel, Trading Card Game, Anime 

Reply Domino City
Starting to hate this game... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Forbidden Bumper Sticker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:39 am
Legendary Pirate Plasma
Hizuma the Troublesome
And its kind of hard to have fun when you're looked down upon for not playing Meta/Anti-meta. When I win, which is rare, they usually get mad and break out another deck and whoop me. And when I lose they berate me for not playing suchandsuch and soandso.

You need to quit playing against whiny metatards and find legitimately intelligent people to play against.

I agree.. you see the true skills of a deck and user when that person is up agenced a high ranked duelist, not noobs.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:02 am
I HATE HATE HATE having to go up against the same Infernity/Blackfeather/Gladiator Beast/Lightsworn decks over and over and over and over again. When I find someone with a decent, non-douchey deck, it's a great duel. Otherwise, the same thing is done so many times in combos that it's no fun at all. I've seen some, SOME good non-meta decks, such as;

Winged Kuriboh deck
Dark machines
Deep sea deck

And would you believe me if I say that those are the ONLY creative ones I've gone up against in the past 6 MONTHS?!  

B1g_crunch

Questionable Loiterer

8,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Flatterer 200

Hizuma the Troublesome

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:30 pm
Ok, now tell me this and prove to me, through this, that its not just luck or that I suck at the game:

I recently played against an Ojama deck, using a nearly finished MachinaGadget deck. I got slaughtered by the sixth turn.

No matter what I play, the same ting always happens. Even now playing against more creative decks I lose miserably.

@ Boxxy: Tech isn't creative, because 10/15 or more of the side deck cards are even the exact same between duelists. Same for Extra decks, usually 1-2 that arent the exact same. And its now how good you are, because I've seen noobs and experienced alike run the exact same deck and end up facing each other in the Finals of a tournament.(rich kids....troublesome)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:09 pm
i actually use a arcana deck just for the heck of it and to tell the truth i can actually win tournaments with it. its really satisfying when i beat them entirely off of a coin flip and they start flipping out calling me a cheater and telling the judge that my coin is rigged you have to love 10 year olds blaugh  

tonybam14

American Underdog

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:54 pm
tonybam14
i actually use a arcana deck just for the heck of it and to tell the truth i can actually win tournaments with it. its really satisfying when i beat them entirely off of a coin flip and they start flipping out calling me a cheater and telling the judge that my coin is rigged you have to love 10 year olds blaugh

Well do you let it hit the table?

Also at my locals it's sorta like pot luck there's always one of everything rarely 3 of the same deck(s) unless easy to make. There's a group that play the top 32 decks and I stomped on them with machina, macro monarch, and little city it's funny.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:42 pm
tonybam14

dont you run the field card that lets you choose the effect?
or get a coin from them?  

Tsukinoki

Sir Magpie

Tipsy Knight

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:32 pm
I think I'll have to agree with you on this one, people take the game to few. I remember a time back where DAD was the only deck you would find at a tournament, I was playing this kids DAD deck and I use my gaiaplant OTK. This kid was really big headed, asking me why I would ran the card that I did and mocking me for it, anyways I beat him and my god... it looked like he was going to throw his deck across the room or something.

On the other hand I was playing this other guy a few weeks ago and he was using black wings and I was using my new plant deck and we had such a laugh, we were both screaming "WHAT ARE THE ODDS" and laughing our heads off and I beat him as well but he didn't really care, we were both in tears from laughing so much, he was just like "That was fun"

I have noticed it's the immature people who take it to far, I know that's quite a bold statement because kids play this game but it's ture.

I don't split the game into meta and fun I split the players into mature and immature no matter how they are.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:41 pm
Sir Magpie
I think I'll have to agree with you on this one, people take the game to few. I remember a time back where DAD was the only deck you would find at a tournament, I was playing this kids DAD deck and I use my gaiaplant OTK. This kid was really big headed, asking me why I would ran the card that I did and mocking me for it, anyways I beat him and my god... it looked like he was going to throw his deck across the room or something.

On the other hand I was playing this other guy a few weeks ago and he was using black wings and I was using my new plant deck and we had such a laugh, we were both screaming "WHAT ARE THE ODDS" and laughing our heads off and I beat him as well but he didn't really care, we were both in tears from laughing so much, he was just like "That was fun"

I have noticed it's the immature people who take it to far, I know that's quite a bold statement because kids play this game but it's ture.

I don't split the game into meta and fun I split the players into mature and immature no matter how they are.

Very good point. Yet like said based on maturity it can also be based on if some people are more like douches net decking, card stacking, a*****e. Not that i think it's what everyone does but you'll always be able to spot it like a homeless person on the street. But the people that spend alot of money win shonen, regionals, etc. But the people who actually win is the people test play the crap out of their decks.  

American Underdog

Domino City

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces